(Topic ID: 144444)

Twilight Zone - worth the cash or over rated?

By JosiahCox

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Buy Twilight Zone?”

• Heck yeah! You can always sell it if you don't like it. 168 votes
    77%
  • Don't bother. It's over rated and not worth the hassle. 49 votes
    23%

(217 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

talky_tina.gif
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

TZ is a classic. I'd look for a cheaper one if I wasn't sure that I'd like it, though.

Why would anyone do that?

I'd always take the best one I can get (but I always take that road) - if you're not overpaying you'll get your money back for sure. And you have a nice machine to experience, there is nothing worse than a pin that is not 100% perfectly dialed in.

If you buy a cheaper one you will more likely not enjoy it due to the pain of getting it to work perfectly and keeping it that way.
Plus you will have to invest time, nerves and money to keep it going while the value will not increase due to the less attractive substance a cheaper pin usually has.

I'm a sucker for perfect, HOU, close to HUO or HEP quality machines. The only 2 bad buys I ever did were both routed unrestored machines. I hated having to deal with technical problems every other month and having to regularly invest money, source spare parts etc. just to have machines that are still not perfect. Plus, when I sold them I made some loss - that never ever happens with nice ones.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

For 5600 I'd buy 3 system 11s.

I wouldn't. Total waste of space. I can only set up 9 pins, so I'd rather have one that offers the "full monty" than 3 which are so-so.
1 fully fledged ruleset beats 3 one tracked rulesets easily.

Regarding TZ: I have one even though I'm not a fan of Pats games and it is by far not at the top of my list. Still it's a very special game and like no other pin I know. So even if I usually prefer fast & flowy games I wouldn't sell TZ just because it's so different than any other pin I own - and diversity is the key to a good collection. Doesn't get the most plays of my games but when I turn it on I usually play it all night.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#54 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

the entire list is stupid anyway,it is based on what?

It's based on the general average opinion.

It would have been enough to say "I'm an individualist and prefer completely different machines than the average pinball player". No need to get upset about it. Your post is basically saying the average pinball player (as the list is a reflection of the average pinheads opinion) is a stupid idiot and only you know the real truth to which machine is good and which is not.
My favorite machine is TS and I don't enjoy some of machines in the top 10 to much, others obviously do.

Why should that bother me? At all?

1 week later
#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I liked the show and the game, just not sure it works in a small collection or 2 pin collection for that matter.

It works great! My first pin was MB, 2 months later i added TZ. Took about a year until I bought the third pin.

They complimented each other perfectly: Whenever the fun oriented simple gameplay of MB got a little to shallow I switched to TZ and if TZ got to much of a chore I went back to MB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-worth-the-cash-or-over-rated?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.