(Topic ID: 144444)

Twilight Zone - worth the cash or over rated?

By JosiahCox

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Buy Twilight Zone?”

• Heck yeah! You can always sell it if you don't like it. 168 votes
    77%
  • Don't bother. It's over rated and not worth the hassle. 49 votes
    23%

(217 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

talky_tina.gif
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc204.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 8 years ago

It was one of my "must have" games. Well executed theme, fairly deep rule set to keep you playing for a while. I only wish the sound was a bit better. (produced a year or 2 later )
Obviously Serling wasn't alive when the game was made (dead for almost 20 years) so the voices are not nearly as cool as TAF or STTNG, both of which are some of the best examples of using actual actor voices in the game.

The game is more difficult than both of the above but still a mode based game. Shoot the scoop (or Piano in TZ) and play the mode. Get all of them and play the wizard mode. LITZ is harder to reach (IMO) than either Tour the Mansion or The Final Frontier in the other 2.

Now if you never saw the Twilight zone series (not sure the movie helps) or never liked it, will the game still appeal to you? Not sure.

Of course the bottom line is it is an awesome game by one of the several top pinball designers, however some people do not like it or it doesn't hold their interest in the long run. I find no interest in playing Tron, a top Stern game, most would disagree with me, but you have to play the game to decide for your self. My TZ is not leaving anytime soon.

In regards to playing the game first I would learn the rules and then play a few games. First time I played STTNG I found no love even though I really wanted to. Loved the series. Took a few more games to start to understand it and enjoy it. TZ would probably be the same. On the other hand in TAF most people will at least get to the standard multiball, and "Feel the Power" which will make you laugh the first time you see it. I think this was one of the reasons it was one of the best games of its time where most games were on route. Most people could enjoy it on their first or second game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sc204.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-worth-the-cash-or-over-rated?tu=sc204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.