(Topic ID: 144444)

Twilight Zone - worth the cash or over rated?

By JosiahCox

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jackontherocks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Buy Twilight Zone?”

• Heck yeah! You can always sell it if you don't like it. 168 votes
    78%
  • Don't bother. It's over rated and not worth the hassle. 48 votes
    22%

(216 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

talky_tina.gif
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wanted to give you a thumbs up...
But then I wanted to give you a thumbs down...
But it's Thanksgiving so I just kept it positive.

I do LOVE my new IJ though.....when it's working right. (Going for another cheap thumbs up)

#102 3 years ago

I liked the show and the game, just not sure it works in a small collection or 2 pin collection for that matter. Always think about it being my next game. I know I want one someday and believe everyone should own at least once. Always have a hard time hitting the piano shot with little flipper. As far as The Adams Family I love the calls outs much more as they are classic. The game as fun as well well but think I would rather have the TZ in the end. Worth the cash maybe unless you can find another pin you would enjoy more for the same price. The stop and go as others refer to does not bug me, I think it's just hard deciding which would be my next choice when I want to like something newer but always go back to the 90's area.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I do LOVE my new IJ though.....when it's working right. (Going for another cheap thumbs up)

You know the way to my heart. Food, sex, IJ. That was an easy one, man...

Quoted from jalpert:

That's a possible reason that the game is less money than some of the other top 5 games, but at the end of the day my point is a good one. Twilight Zone, which is one of the cheapest games in the top 5 (on average), is hard to say it's a bad value based on that fact.
Plenty of people don't care for it, some like it more than others, but for a game in that class, it's about as cheap as it gets. I don't necessarily care why.

Thumbs up to this. In all fairness, I was having a rough day at work and wasn't really getting the drift of your post. I thought you were saying games that would appreciate. But you were really saying what games are a good deal now. By that standard, you're absolutely correct about TZ, and the data I added actually supports that. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

#104 3 years ago

The problem I have with TZ is that it keeps me from buying most of the new machines coming out. I just can't bring myself to spend more money for a machine that has so much less stuff in it.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The problem I have with TZ is that it keeps me from buying most of the new machines coming out. I just can't bring myself to spend more money for a machine that has so much less stuff in it.

Sometimes less is more. Case in point: AFM.

#106 3 years ago

I hope it worth the cash. I purchased a TZ several months ago from here. I was the one that bought the TZ with no boards, cut wires and less than desirable condition - no complaints. I am replacing anything that is not to perfection. Cleaning everything back to new condition, adding "improvements" , taking a lot of advice from others, looking at a lot of TZ examples. All this will continue for another 6-8 months. FYI, doing the same to a BSD! keeps me busy and very enjoyable activity also fun to see your progress - could be worst things to blow your money on I guess!

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sometimes less is more. Case in point: AFM.

Yes, AFM is the poster child for the "less is more" game.

It's relatively simple playfield is elevated by good rules, good art, great humor and a fun theme. If one of the newer games did such a good a job on those other aspects I might be tempted, despite the lack of "stuff" in the game.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It's relatively simple playfield is elevated by good rules, good art, great humor and a fun theme. If one of the newer games did such a good job on those other aspects I might be tempted, despite the lack of "stuff" in the game.

Hobbit: Good rules. Good art. Good theme (but not very fun). No humor. But a little too slow for my taste. That machine comes infuriatingly close to a perfect machine...but not for me. So I totally get what you're saying.

#109 3 years ago

TZ second pin purchased in my lineup.....behind TAF, and never leaving....great game to mod, tweak, and ultimately enjoy playing....Ill leave it alone for weeks on end, then play it non-stop....is what it is...one of the best ever, regardless of price....

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It's relatively simple playfield is elevated by good rules, good art, great humor and a fun theme. If one of the newer games did such a good a job on those other aspects I might be tempted, despite the lack of "stuff" in the game.

Umm, I would say that IM has done a fantastic job in the "less is more" department.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Umm, I would say that IM had done a fantastic job in the "less is more" department.

Sorry, not a big fan of IM. It has fast and "in your face" style of play but I don't care for the art, the dots and the rules are just so-so to me (simple).

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I liked the show and the game, just not sure it works in a small collection or 2 pin collection for that matter.

It works great! My first pin was MB, 2 months later i added TZ. Took about a year until I bought the third pin.

They complimented each other perfectly: Whenever the fun oriented simple gameplay of MB got a little to shallow I switched to TZ and if TZ got to much of a chore I went back to MB.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It works great! My first pin was MB, 2 months later i added TZ. Took about a year until I bought the third pin.
They complimented each other perfectly: Whenever the fun oriented simple gameplay of MB got a little to shallow I switched to TZ and if TZ got to much of a chore I went back to MB.

I can see it working in that 2 pin collection. I actually see it working with my TFTC as well since they are two shows I like. My only concern is do I want it to be my second pin if can only have two. I also like GNR even thou it's a data east. What can I say like good ramp shots. I want to like the Metallicacpin so much bec it's a newer pin but find myself having short games on it for the most part like most Sterns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside