Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

well book keep is stored with the 3 triple A battery's. Have you check or changed those lately? Also I had similar Issues with my BOP when my Game ROM was bad. Try reseating game ROMS.

#8 8 years ago

You check mpu board Asic chip and U20. I had really similar issues after I fried mine. I needed to replace game Rom Asic and U20 if I remember right. Yours is intermitted so should be bad connection on one of those. Also did you test all your Voltage test points? I always check power first. ASAP Always Start At Power. Low voltage causes strange behavior

#10 8 years ago

If you sell em i'd be interested in the package deal.

#12 8 years ago

John so needing more maintenance vs. No maintenance at all is equal in your book? Is that an Oxymoron LOL! If new boards need less maintenance doesn't that make them more reliable by definition. I think I understand what you are saying that they work good when they are working good, but an old board that hasn't been touched is not as reliable as a RD board IMO. RD boards are very solid and less of a pain in the ass for someone who has Money and no time. If you are penny pinching and have time on your hands then yes its great to work on old boards but if you don't care and $300 isn't much money to you then plug and play RD boards are the way to go.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From what I've read rd boards dont work real well in tz

First I agree with Jalpert and was giving him solutions. But if he doesn't want to fix it and wants to replace it that's his business. RD has updated boards that will work fine. Hell I got a Sys 11 RD board for a Taxi that didn't work great but Jim sent out a new revision board that worked fine. I am sure they figured it out by now. But OP I strongly suggest you follow Jalperts advice 1st. If you have time

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

pay a knowledgeable tech something like $100

Depends on your area. My area has no knowledge techs that do work. So that's why I learned to do it myself. Now I am considered the "knowledgeable tech" in my area and have tons of work that I can barely get to. So if he doesn't have that option, like I didn't, and he has the money who cares. If he has the money and no tech available and nickle and dimming repairs isn't what he wants to do, I say, as long as he is not throwing boards out, do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I have dealt with some rottendog boards, but I'll leave my opinion out in regards to them.

Haha. I think by saying this you are saying you don't like em.

John, Yes your right the ASIC is old. But that is 1 part, the ASIC chip in your rebuilt boards is ALSO OLD so that being said, RD boards have 85-95% newer components then the 5-15% new components that are part of a rebuild.

RD has great support and will warranty and replace everything if their is a problem.

Ultimately its your money and your decision but I do recommend poking around your board first for easy stuff as like WXforecaster stated if its a $10 ribbon cable neither a new RD or Johns rebuilt board will fix your problem. Double check everything do a bit of due diligence and in the end if you'd rather spend $300 for a RD vs. $150-200 on a rebuilt board that is your call.

#33 8 years ago

Smart move going with John he is one of the best, you won't be disappointed and you'll be making all the purests happy! Good luck!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.95
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kporter946286.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-wont-boot-up?tu=kporter946286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.