77%
  • addams family 44 votes
    23%

(194 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190208_212314 (resized).jpg
1a19a3d016d5319d46b54e8fdb3c65228b9f3ce3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider durzel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 5 years ago

Have both, they are completely different games. Because of that I would go against the advice of saying that "you will be happy with either".

TZ is an acquired taste. Those that love it, love it.. others can find it intimidating. TZ takes no prisoners, I've had games where I've struggled to get 50m, and the next game will be 400m+ (I'm not very good). Some days I really enjoy TZ, other days I find it frustrating. You can get drains that don't really feel like your fault (particularly from the pops of death). TZ feels to me very much like a game where you enjoy it proportional to how "in the zone" (huhuhu) you are when you're playing it. TZ isn't really a game where you can just roll up and play it and actually get anywhere, you have to think about what you're aiming for, what your strategy is, etc.

TAF was my grail pin for a long time. I finally managed to get one late last year and I must say I'm enjoying playing it more than TZ. Some days I just want to play and be flattered by a more simplistic and rewarding layout. TAF has flow in spades, and if you want to just enjoy playing pinball I think it's tough to beat. Drains on TAF feel more like things I've done wrong rather than "welp that's just the way it is", like TZ. That said for people who only enjoy deeper rulesets TAF would feel shallow pretty quickly.

I would say that TAF is the safer bet if you don't know what you want, but I would suggest playing some games on both of them, or on pins that have contrasting rulesets, etc to work out what you enjoy.

The only objectively correct answer is - both.

#81 5 years ago

$800 in mods doesn't mean a great deal though.. there are some seriously crazy priced mods in pinball, and TZ has arguably the most choice of them.

I've seen the pencil sharpener painted gold tailor made slot machine mod being listed for $400+ in places. Nuts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 14.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 1,159.00
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider durzel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-vs-addams-family-?tu=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.