Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a very nicely moded TZ and have been thinking about getting a music pin. I like TZ and have owned it for about three months. Hit wizard mode once. Still a fairly new pinball player. I also have a shadow and like the speed of that game. I have been considering an AC/DC pro as it is music pin and heard good things about it. I played a premium a couple times. I don't think I can justify the additional cost of a premium, plus, the later addition pros have the bell. What are you thoughts between a TZ versus and AC/DC pro.

I know it shouldn't factor into my decision but a lot of my friends prefer the shadow over the TZ. I like playing with my friends and I think they would prefer the AC/DC also.

#5 7 years ago

Thank you, my issue is I hate metallic. AC/DC I like (I grew up loving maximum overdrive). So I want to like the music.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I love my AC/DC, and it's one pin where going for a premium is in my opinion definitely worth it. The lower playfield is a bit gimmicky, unnecessary even but other than that it rocks. TZ is a classic too, but very different from AC/DC. If you don't mind the pin kicking your ass, go for it!

Yeah, I don't know if I want to pay more for a lower playfield I wouldn't use much.

I'm used to getting my ass kicked with Shadow.

#17 7 years ago

Thank you. I am not a huge fan of that genre period. However, my buddy got a GnR and I really like playing it, at least for the limited amounts of plays I had on it. Seems to be well balanced. I think TZ is a great game. It seems to be perfectly balanced with toys, skill, scoring, etc. In those regards I would say it is the best pin and can see why it ranks at the top. However, something just doesn't get me excited about it. It doesn't illicit the emotion like my shadow does for instance. The Shadow is a speed demon and makes you feel high one minute and makes you want to smash it the next. However, it always keeps you coming back. The TZ is just sort of there. I guess it is like banging out a game of chess (Tz) or baning out a game of checkers (Shadow). I heard the AC/DC pro version is a heartless bitch (someone mentioned above). Maybe I am glutton for punishment?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-vs-acdc-pro?tu=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.