Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a very nicely moded TZ and have been thinking about getting a music pin. I like TZ and have owned it for about three months. Hit wizard mode once. Still a fairly new pinball player. I also have a shadow and like the speed of that game. I have been considering an AC/DC pro as it is music pin and heard good things about it. I played a premium a couple times. I don't think I can justify the additional cost of a premium, plus, the later addition pros have the bell. What are you thoughts between a TZ versus and AC/DC pro.

I know it shouldn't factor into my decision but a lot of my friends prefer the shadow over the TZ. I like playing with my friends and I think they would prefer the AC/DC also.

#2 7 years ago

Have you looked at a Met pro. If you're after a music pin and looking at the pro range. I played both acdc and met before I pulled the trigger on Met, with no regrets.
TZ has a lot going for it, but if you don't feel the love when playing, time to move on. Had mine for 3 years now, it was my first pin...I didn't realise how quick they breed lol

#3 7 years ago

I highly recommend the AC/DC its an awesome pin. Pinside tends to act like the Pro is horrible compared to the Premium but it is not at all and money is a serious factor. I would not be too worried about which version of the Pro to get the swinging bell mod does the trick if you get the older one and LEDs are a piece of cake. The one thing I would mention is the Pro is lightning fast and a brutal heartless bitch at times. Pinside will cry in horror but if your fairly new close up the outlanes as much as possible and tune down the settings to make it easier to work through the songs. I haven't played a lot of TZ just at shows and things like that as far as gameplay its AC/DC all the way TZ might be more collectable.

#4 7 years ago

I agree.. You should look to a Metallica pro over an acdc. They are still making em.. A used one is prolly cheaper than Someone would gouge you on an acdc for..and simply put the Metallica is the superior game

#5 7 years ago

Thank you, my issue is I hate metallic. AC/DC I like (I grew up loving maximum overdrive). So I want to like the music.

#6 7 years ago

When you get the AC/DC you can mod the firmware and swap a song for Who Made Who It is the one song I still think about swapping in. I swapped out
Rock N Roll Train
Hell Ain’t a Bad Place To Be
War Machine
for
Can I sit next to you girl
Girls Got Rhythm
Dirty Deeds

I shouldn't say I did a Pinsider "Arcade" hooked me up and I bought a new Jukebox cover from him. Still think about what I could replace for Who Mode Who though.

#7 7 years ago

I love my AC/DC, and it's one pin where going for a premium is in my opinion definitely worth it. The lower playfield is a bit gimmicky, unnecessary even but other than that it rocks. TZ is a classic too, but very different from AC/DC. If you don't mind the pin kicking your ass, go for it!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I love my AC/DC, and it's one pin where going for a premium is in my opinion definitely worth it. The lower playfield is a bit gimmicky, unnecessary even but other than that it rocks. TZ is a classic too, but very different from AC/DC. If you don't mind the pin kicking your ass, go for it!

Yeah, I don't know if I want to pay more for a lower playfield I wouldn't use much.

I'm used to getting my ass kicked with Shadow.

#9 7 years ago

I regretted trading my AC/DC Premium for TZ. I'd love to have both of them back at this point. /sigh

#10 7 years ago

If you dont like metallica i doubt you will love the metallica pin. Met pro plays really and listening to the band is a great pinball feeling.

AC DC pro is a really tough game but if you like short fast games with AC DC playing it can be really fun. The positive sides to AC DC pro is that it will improve your pinball skills and teach you to learn drop catches, accurate shots and work on pinball tactics.

The negative side is that it punishes you and it is sooo hard to achieve really high scores and long games are non existent.
AC DC pro doesnt seem to get much love compared to the prem. To me they feel almost like 2 different games say compared to Met pro to met premium or xmen pro to premium. Accuracy and patience is the name of the game for the AC DC pro.

Id say its in the top 5 hardest pinball games in the world.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from markandsophie:

If you dont like metallica i doubt you will love the metallica pin. Met pro plays really and listening to the band is a great pinball feeling.

Couldn't disagree more. Metallica is a shit band and the game is a great one. This is a very common thought in Met threads

#12 7 years ago

I'm with The Law, no way did I ever think of getting a Met pin. I couldn't name one of their songs but this all changed when I played one at NY, NY that was in primo shape.

Couldn't get it out of my mind. Ended up getting one. Awesome playing pin. Passed on a relative's TZ.

#13 7 years ago

You need to sell a great one like TZ to get a great pin. That is how it goes.

Highly recommend you buy a pin you like and and also your friends and family will like also. ACDC is fun as hell. I love the band and my music friends love playing it. I know the Premium is more, but it is worth it if you find one. The Pro is good too. I would look for both and buy whichever one comes up first.

I did not like ACDC for a couple of months after I bought it though. Then it clicked! Play a variety of songs to challenge yourself and keep things interesting, complete mini goal, playfield lights up, hit shots to score and raise jackpot, multiball is lit, finish hitting bell 3 times to start 2x scoring or more, then start multiball, hit those ramps and when that ball goes into the cannon for a jackpot shot it all comes together! Love it! Real rules are 30 pages, but that is the fun, simple rules I go by.

MET is a super well respected pin, but I just can't get into it for some reason. I don't like Met music at all. That does not help. You should put in some games on it just to confirm.

Good luck in the hunt!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Yeah, I don't know if I want to pay more for a lower playfield I wouldn't use much.
I'm used to getting my ass kicked with Shadow.

Lot more to the premium than a lower playfield .

#15 7 years ago

Don't have any time on AcDc pro but *love* my premium and I'd guess the pro is very good as well but I don't know, I think I'd really miss the lower PF. I know the lower PF is not the best but to me I really love the lower PF so it's not meh just the rules could be a bit better in hell.

Met pro is my favorite pin at the moment and I have a ton of great pins so that's saying something.

I never thought that the Met premium was worth the upgrade like I think AcDc premium is worth the upgrade.

#16 7 years ago

Tz is a timeless classic. It's one of the best pins ever made. Acdc is a very good game. However you better really like their music alot. I am not the biggest Acdc fan and therefore the game didn't last long for me.

#17 7 years ago

Thank you. I am not a huge fan of that genre period. However, my buddy got a GnR and I really like playing it, at least for the limited amounts of plays I had on it. Seems to be well balanced. I think TZ is a great game. It seems to be perfectly balanced with toys, skill, scoring, etc. In those regards I would say it is the best pin and can see why it ranks at the top. However, something just doesn't get me excited about it. It doesn't illicit the emotion like my shadow does for instance. The Shadow is a speed demon and makes you feel high one minute and makes you want to smash it the next. However, it always keeps you coming back. The TZ is just sort of there. I guess it is like banging out a game of chess (Tz) or baning out a game of checkers (Shadow). I heard the AC/DC pro version is a heartless bitch (someone mentioned above). Maybe I am glutton for punishment?

#18 7 years ago

owning a game for 3 months is not really long enough to really enjoy it. I'd keep it awhile longer. AC/DC is awesome, dont' get me wrong. but TZ is almost the perfect pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-vs-acdc-pro?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.