(Topic ID: 205012)

Twilight Zone upper plastic ramp posts and switch.

By Buffett

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Buffett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hi all.

i picked up a TZ and it has had a bunch of issues that i have been fixing.

----

1st issue,

it was missing the upper plastic ramp guides/plastics when i got it.
you can see what i have in the pic link.

https://i.imgur.com/j3luQbz.jpg

i have new plastics but they did not come with the posts.
can anyone please link me to a kit or let me know the amount and length of each post needed.

i would like to install the protectors properly and not make it look all ghetto with a cut up BIC pen for the posts/spacers.

----

2nd issue,

i am having issues with the ball getting stuck under the switch actuator on the same ramp.
if the ball is to slow it just sticks under the metal part of the actuator.

see the pic below.
https://i.imgur.com/3fC2RPh.jpg

i have adjusted it several times to make sure it still activates the switch and let the ball travel threw.
nothing has seemed to help.

i am unsure if i even have the proper actuator as this game had a bunch of hacks done to it on other switches that were not correct.

i have sorted most of them out but cannot get this switch to behave properly and actuate and let the ball go by properly.

----

3rd issue,

i also got theses protectors in the kit with the ramp plastics above, but have no clue on where they go.
i have held them in my hand and went around the PF but did not see any place they should go.
i have tried googling them and searching on here with no luck.

unknown plastic protectors?
https://i.imgur.com/DuILbow.jpg

any help would be great.

Peace
Buffett

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Buffett:

2nd issue,

i am having issues with the ball getting stuck under the switch actuator on the same ramp.
if the ball is to slow it just sticks under the metal part of the actuator.

see the pic below.
https://i.imgur.com/3fC2RPh.jpg

i have adjusted it several times to make sure it still activates the switch and let the ball travel threw.
nothing has seemed to help.

Be sure it's the right switch, easy push, medium worse, hard push won't work.

If it's an easy push, learn to adjust better, not an easy task for a switch in a spot like this.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

1st off, do you have a manual or downloaded the manual from ipdb yet? That will help you with item #s and what posts are used etc.

#2 is this throwing the ball up the ramp or using the flippers? If it's with flippers, make sure (the manual) you have the correct coils in. I can;t imagine the ball getting stuck there with a full flip on mine

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

1st off, do you have a manual or downloaded the manual from ipdb yet? That will help you with item #s and what posts are used etc.
#2 is this throwing the ball up the ramp or using the flippers? If it's with flippers, make sure (the manual) you have the correct coils in. I can;t imagine the ball getting stuck there with a full flip on mine

yes i have the manual, PDF and paperback.

i have never found what posts are used for the add on ramp plastics.
they are not documented anywhere that i can find for those specific pieces.

i can toss the ball with my hand or use either of the 2 bottom flippers or the upper left flipper to get the ball up the ramp.
in multiball, sometimes it is glanced up the ramp by another ball it will also be slow enough and stick under the switch.
i have been able to flip the ball several times with the flippers on purpose and it be slow around the ramp.

my flippers are not weak or the wrong coils.
the PF is leveled properly and at the correct pitch.

Peace
Buffett

#5 6 years ago

1) the spaces used on those ramp tops is small.. like 1/4". Sorry I can't measure right now

2) You have the wrong switch in there. Check the manual for the right part.

3) The mysterious pieces no one knows where they go. The only one people know is the cloud looking one which goes on top of the gates on the shooter lane

And BTW.... for years I just ran the game without those ramp covers. They aren't really needed and just make it harder to clean the game.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) the spaces used on those ramp tops is small.. like 1/4". Sorry I can't measure right now
2) You have the wrong switch in there. Check the manual for the right part.
3) The mysterious pieces no one knows where they go. The only one people know is the cloud looking one which goes on top of the gates on the shooter lane
And BTW.... for years I just ran the game without those ramp covers. They aren't really needed and just make it harder to clean the game.

it would be great if you could measure your spacers if possible, i would really like to get the new protectors on.

i need the plastics on the ramps, my game consistently throws/launches the balls out of the ramps and they hit the back board and roll off in various places.

thanks for letting me know about the switch, i did not know it was the wrong type.

i will look at other games and in the manual to get the proper switch.

i will have to do more research to find out about the other plastics, i will add the cloud one to the top of the gates on the shooter lane.

Peace
Buffett

#8 6 years ago

thanks for the link to the switch.

Peace
Buffett

#9 6 years ago

You're in luck... I wanted to work on tz tonight.

The spacers look like 5/16 four of them... and four 3/4 posts. All black

IMG_3963 (resized).JPGIMG_3963 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're in luck... I wanted to work on tz tonight.
The spacers look like 5/16 four of them... and four 3/4 posts. All black

Awesome!!!!!!

thank you for the help.

Peace
Buffett

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-upper-plastic-ramp-posts-and-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.