Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pin-tastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5368.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Has anyone ever seen the mod in the linked video? I recorded this at the National Pinball Museum and thought it was really cool. It's a tiny TV playing episodes of the Twilight Zone towards the right back corner of the machine:

IMG_5368.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Come On!!! That is freakin sweet! I have seen the tv mod but not playing actual episodes. Makes me want to buy a TZ just to get that mod.

#3 9 years ago

I have seen it, its a great mod! I purchased the TV at a Halmark card shop this past Christmas, Don't know how to mod the TV like you have seen

If some one can advise I'm all in!!

#4 9 years ago

Thats awesome, I want to go right out and get a tz.

#5 9 years ago

Does anyone know what kind of topper that is? It doesn't appeal to me, but I have never seen it. I have seen the TV and it is one of the cooler mods out there.

#6 9 years ago

I got the TV mod in my TZ. It's great.
It's out there for sale.

#7 9 years ago

It's made using that TV ornament and a digital picture key chain.

#8 9 years ago

It's made using that TV ornament and a digital picture key chain.

Thanks for the info, that what I was looking for! I have the TV, going to order the digital key chain!!

#9 9 years ago

The TV displays moving video, not static pictures. Is that what yours does wesperron?

Also, here is a link to the topper for the TZ:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4hB20h5KRgaBzOuyRDD22g?feat=directlink

#10 9 years ago

I must admit I have never seen that topper before, its different.

I was checking out the digital key chains, you get buy one for $10.00.

So is it static pictures or video wesperron?

#11 9 years ago

Looks like a bunch of speaker cutouts. Cool idea if it is.

#12 9 years ago

Just last week I was sufing for mod ideas for my TZ and saw a detailed description of how a guy made his mod TV actually play videos. Not only did he show how to make it, but I believe he and even another person on the web had or has them for sale. I just spent an hour trying to find that info and I can't locate it anywhere!!! But I KNOW it is out there. And they are very expensive. I'm thinking nearloy $300. Can't remember though.

Here is a very inexpensive way to make your own TV mod. Be sure to scroll down the page past the robot information and pictures. Very clever idea. But not 'video', but 'slide show': http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz2.htm

And here is one that just has a picture of Rod Serling in it:
http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id39.html

If anyone finds that article on the web that I mentioned above, please post it on here. I'm VERY baffled as to why I didn't store it in my 'Favorites Folder' on my computer, or why I can't find it now.
Thanks,
Mike

#13 9 years ago

Here is a very inexpensive way to make your own TV mod.

Mike thanks very much for posting this information I really like this mod but was not willing to drop $125.00+. There is a certian satisfaction in doing things yourself...

Thanks Again!!

#14 9 years ago

I think the topper at the museum uses the promo plastic coasters, not speaker cutouts.

#15 9 years ago

Great mod!

#16 9 years ago

Mine has still pictures but they fade in and out and has a nice transition and a few color pictures.

#17 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure the plastic in the topper rotated.

#18 9 years ago

Damn ... and I though mine had all the mods .. guess not now

Still working with a buyer on price or a package deal with the CV.

#19 9 years ago

Just when you think you have seen them all...There is another one...

#21 9 years ago

spendog . . . that was IT! The one I couldn't find that I alluded to in an earlier post.
Thanks!

#22 9 years ago

That is the coolest mod yet! I love playing Twilight Zone. Would like to own one some day.

#23 9 years ago

$ 385.00 Wow, no thanks

Twilight Zone TV Pinball Mod
Twilight Zone TV Pinball Mod
View Full-Size Image
Stock code: PMODTVTWILIGHT

$385.00

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside