10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

That's not what you need to fix your issue. What you need is just a flipper rebuild kit, and I'd do both left and right flippers at the same time. Your coils are fine, don't worry about those.

Here's the exact flipper rebuild kit you need: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=983&parent=172

This will rebuild both your left and right main flippers. This will make them feel new again. The only reason why you'd need a new coil is if they were heat stressed and warped to the point where you couldn't slip out the coil sleeves when you do the rebuild.

As for the player piano, you might have a switch that's getting a little flaky in there, but it's hard to say without knowing a few other things. Do you have your machine set steep enough? Is it leveled well?

#5 10 years ago

Rebuild kits are very simple to do. I can do a flipper in about 5 minutes. When you do it, you will be loosening up the flipper bat, so when you tighten it back up, make sure they're properly aligned and that you have good up/down play in them.

Here's a VERY in-depth guide: http://www.pinrepair.com/wpc/index3.htm#flip

Honestly, it's a very simple thing to do. It's one of the very first "fixes" I ever learned in pinball, and it's one of the first things I do whenever I bring a new machine home.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside