• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eric_S
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tzpinballphoto18 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hosehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My TZ machine stays in testing mode and won't do anything else. I replaced the WPC board with a new one because it had a fried chip and I was getting the ground short row 1 error. It worked for a few games then started this testing mode on start up. Love the machine but recently can't keep it working. How do I get past the testing mode? Thanks

#6 5 years ago

Thanks a ton for the feedback. I start to run out of ideas. Plus I run out of time to get in here. The photo below is all the machine does. The bell rings once during start up but nothing else. The door buttons do nothing either. Why would the machine not stop testing. Does it find a problem that it can't get past? I will check the ideas you all gave me. I did check the row 1 for shorts before I changed the board out. I thought it might have been the optos on the gumball machine. Could they cause this? Thanks

tzpinballphoto18 (resized).jpgtzpinballphoto18 (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

It is now booting up and allowing me in to test sometimes it but in the middle of testing the solenoids it just takes off on it's own and locks the flippers up and rapidly rolls through the entire testing configuration. If I just leave it on without doing anything the clock and flippers all run on their own. I have to shut it off to stop it. The row 1 short is gone with the new board but this erratic behavior like it's running the show itself has taken over. I will check the game rom. I believe we may need an exorcism. Thanks

#12 5 years ago

It isn't the batteries because this new board doesn't have batteries. It is a brand new Rottendog board with the memory installed. It has told me all different things when I can get it to boot up. Once it was the soundboard, once the clock, it keeps changing. After installing the new board it worked for 1 two player, 3 ball game. I then went in and made some changes, date/time, volume level, number of balls, difficulty level. After that it rebooted in the middle of playing and has been acting up since. Making those changes shouldn't have caused anything I wouldn't think. I will check all of the cables again. This place is great. You think you are alone trying to figure this stuff out and find out that you aren't. Thanks

#15 5 years ago

Had time today to check all cables and the game rom. After messing with them the machine works perfect. The data cables are original and some long ones are twisted. I tried straightening them when I installed the new board and maybe I shouldn't have. Can I buy all new data cables for TZ? The machine works great right now and nice to have it back. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hosehead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-stays-in-testing-mode?tu=hosehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.