5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I looked around the forums and there were some posts about filing down the existing magnet core if it gets worn (instead of replacing it) and another mentioning to take the screws out to remove the entire assembly to adjust the core. Personally I didn't want to take wood screws out of my playfield to remove the whole magnet assembly if not necessary. I could see that all I really needed to do to adjust it was loosen that big ole nut that clamps the core down so it can't wiggle. Once its loose you can easily adjust the actual core up or down to make it flush with the playfield.

Didn't find anyone anywhere mention the size of that nut though. I measured it best I could and came up with 1" 1/16th. Had to go get a new socket because my socket set only goes up to 1". Got home and found out it is actually a 1 1/8" socket that you need. Anyways, adjusting it worked out fine and stopped my balls from getting stuck because the magnet was initially too low in my machine and created a crater for the ball to sit in. Hope this helps someone else not waste two trips to Home Depot to figure out which socket size it is. Of course you could also use an adjustable wrench but it seemed safer for the surrounding wire harnesses to use a socket instead...

BTW, since I did all this research the nut is a 3/4-16 HEX JAM NUT. Part #4428-01135-00 but it's just a standard nut you could probably find at Home Depot instead of buying it from a specialty shop.

Good luck. Hope this helps someone else save some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-spiral-magnet-height-adjustment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.