Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Pugsley
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I know mine is 9.4. This is an honest question of ignorance...is 9.4H different?

Yes it is different than the 9.2 roms but not that much in difference between
the two.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Yes. OK. And hello, Mike. How have you been? Anyway.....is the "H" significant, though?

I have 9.4 but from memory I don't know if it is "H"

Or did you already answer that?

There are only two types one is 9.4h-home roms and the 9.2-commerical roms
Yours are the home roms.I have been doing good,How have you been TG?

#28 12 years ago

Version 9.4H: Official "home version" release from Williams. This version is "free play only". It will not take money to do pay-for-play.
Version 9.4CH: This is the same as 9.4H, but allows for "coin play" (not free-play only).

Changes from revision 9.2: (Courtesy Williams Electronics Games, Inc.)

Added a new adjustment: "LITZ CHEAT OK". When set to YES, this allows the player to hold in the buy-in button during game play to enable Lost in the Zone. The next shot to the Slot Machine or Piano will start a LITZ "practice round". The player is not able to enter intials for LITZ champ if the cheat has been performed.
Implemented "Mute & Pause" mode. Pressing buy-in Button while holding a flipper will kill music and keep flipper held. Pressing buy-in again will resume regular play. This feature can be disabled by adjustment ("MUTE & PAUSE OK"). The game resumes automatically after 15 minutes.

NOTE: If you are worried about your flipper hold coil getting hot with this feature, then disable it.
Added a magnet ball-catching effect at the beginning of multball. This will catch the balls on the magnets if all of these conditions are in effect:

- 3 magnets installed, and all 3 work
- Adjustment for the effect is ON
- 0 or 1 balls in the lockup
- White ball is in the gumball machine

(Note that the last condition requires that the game has actually seen a white ball loaded since last power up or exit from Test mode, since the location of the white ball is not tracked across initialization.) This effect can be disabled by adjustment ("MB ST. 3 MAG. GRAB").
Added an adjustment that allows white ball detection during multiball ("M.B. P.B. DETECT OK"). With this adjustment turned ON (default) the game behaves as before. With it OFF, then the game can no longer be fooled into thinking the white ball is in play by a quick 1-2 shot into the piano and slot machine. Use of this adjustment is recommended only if all of the proximity sensors are correctly functioning.
Added a preset ("INSTALL #pinball") for home adjustments desired by group of silly Twilight Zone owners.
Fixed a Powerball/Multiball bug where the Powerball was not detected when it was the 2nd ball served from the trough for Multiball start.
Fixed Super Skill Shot bug where a completely missed shot would end the ball and give Super Skill Shot to the next player up.
Added ball search to the ball recycling at the end of Lost in the Zone.
Enhanced the ball-type detection logic on the magnets.
Fixed a bug with Bonus X lamp after Bonus X awarded.
Added/enhanced a few lamp effects.
Improved the grace period logic at the end of Battle the Power timeout.
Added a grace period timer for the end of multiball that indicates the Powerball was in play. This enables Powerball jackpots during the jackpot grace period.
Added code in attract mode to page through the a-mode pages by using a flipper button.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

2 weeks vacation..new (to me)

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation and Congrats!! on TZ.

1 month later
#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I've got a different sound problem. My pin was recently gone over from top to bottom by a very reputable repair guy. He put in a very costly new speaker system. I have the 9.4H game ROM. My pins is awesome . . . except . . . if you try to turn the sound volume up past 10, which at that level is not very loud . . . the sound starts cutting out, especially on the bassier sounding effects.

Anyone have an idea on this. Does this mean I need to buy a new sound ROM?

Pinmike . . . whaddya think?

Mike in Kentucky

Hi Mike,What kind of speaker system did he install?There's only certain kinds of speakers you can put in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-sound-quality?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.