Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a Twilight Zone pinball machine with slightly raised playfield decals which cause the pinball to change direction ever so slightly when the pinball is moving very slowly on the playfield and I would like to know what would be the easiest way to fix that.

I bought this old pinball top number three repair DVD. On the DVD he uses very fine wet sandpaper on the playfield to fix the raised decals and I was wondering if that would scratch my playfield. I'm a little scared to use sand paper on my playfeild because of scratches.

If you guys think using very fine wet sandpaper on my playfield would be okay could you tell me how to use the sandpaper up-and-down motions side to side motions circular motions because on the DVD he's clowning around and Lighting the playfield on fire and making jokes but really doesn't tell me how to use the sandpaper side to side back-and-forth or circular motion.

Or if anybody else has any other suggestions on how to fix my Twilight Zone slightly raised playfield decals please let me know. Great forum by the way.

#2 11 years ago

Are they actual decals, or are the inserts raised?

Take the glass off, and post a pic.

#3 11 years ago

unless someone put stickers on that playfield, yours doesn't have decals. Decals are used to fix worn inserts, where the ink has been worn off from the ball. All inserts are printed ink like the rest of the playfield.

#4 11 years ago

As the others are saying, I'm assuming you mean raised inserts. If that's the case take a heatgun, or hairdryer and heat them up from underneath the playfield. This will soften the glue and plastic a bit so you can push it down flush with the playfield. Make sure you have one hand on the playfield side of the insert while you are heating it to make sure it doesn't get way too hot.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks you for all of your replies I wonder what that guy is doing in that video then sanding down the inserts? Like I said earlier if the inserts are raising it's very little so what about that sanding technique should I try that? I could post the video clip of what i am talking about if it is not against the forums rules.

#6 11 years ago

Heat them up a little with a hair dryer (from underneath) and tap them back into place using a block of some sort. Use a little super glue under them (gel) and they should remain in place nice and flush. Good luck!

#7 11 years ago

I would post a pic of your issue before doing anything. The more knowledgeable folks here will be in a better position to advise.

#8 11 years ago

I wouldn't go sanding anything until you post a pic of what is actually raised on your playfield. Chances are it's just the inserts lifting. If that's what it is, and you start sanding away, you'll sand them right off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 14.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-slightly-raised-playfield-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.