20230217_085617 (resized).jpg
20230217_085642 (resized).jpg
20230217_085605 (resized).jpg
8y3KNIn.jpg
TZ.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg
Screenshot_2015-08-30-12-40-21.png
#1 8 years ago

What's the tz sliver mini play field ? Never seen it before...

Screenshot_2015-08-30-12-40-21.pngScreenshot_2015-08-30-12-40-21.png

#2 8 years ago

Essentially, someone made a run of these, and their red wasn't working - only the K (Black) came out, making it appear grey. (This probably isn't true, but after studying it as much as I could, that seems like the only explanation, since there's no red on it anywhere else, too.

As far as I know, there was NEVER a 'prototype' mini PF made like this, despite several sites stating otherwise.

#3 8 years ago

i also never seen it silver but its not bad looking

#4 8 years ago

I read that they made limited silver ver online

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Lauro0521:

I read that they made limited silver ver online

Read what Coyote posted again. This was a manufacturing defect in a run of reproduction playfields. It's not worth any more than a properly colored playfield--it's probably worth considerably less.

[edit]: Nevermind, this doesn't look like it's the case.

#6 8 years ago

I have never seen one either, but it would definitely get my attention. I don't have any idea of the value of one, but I would have rocked it in my TZ. The appeal for me would be that is different then everyone else's TZ

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Read what Coyote posted again. This was a manufacturing defect in a run of reproduction playfields. It's not worth any more than a properly colored playfield--it's probably worth considerably less.

When CPR ran the Power playfields repros, they made a limited edition run (I think of 10) of these playfields that have silver rings instead of red. Despite the photo, I believe the silver is kind of shiny, not a flat gray. It was a special spot color for this edition.

#8 8 years ago

Found another shot of one (sort of) at http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/FS_TZmini.html . You can see the bottom part of the silver playfield clipped off the top of the photo; the silver rings are noticeably a different color due to the special color and different lighting/angle. Looking through old emails, its CPR product code was TZ-SILVER. I believe there was never an announcement for it on the website and it was only revealed in a PDF that used to be found at http://www.classicplayfields.com/tz-flyer.pdf

IMG_2706.jpgIMG_2706.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Nice detective work. Unfortunately, the link for the PDF is dead.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Found another shot of one (sort of) at http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/FS_TZmini.html . You can see the bottom part of the silver playfield clipped off the top of the photo; the silver rings are noticeably a different color due to the special color and different lighting/angle. Looking through old emails, its CPR product code was TZ-SILVER. I believe there was never an announcement for it on the website and it was only revealed in a PDF that used to be found at http://www.classicplayfields.com/tz-flyer.pdf

IMG_2706.jpg

indeed good info i herd there real rare like only 5 or 10 Anyone know how many years ago they were made ?

#11 8 years ago

I had one on a TZ I used to own, some good shots of it here:

https://goo.gl/photos/qjRPBKhWwts3zy1r8

I had to send out the PF to HSA for extra clear and proper beveling of the upper and lower ball drop holes. From CPR it was a straight edge and looked very unfactory.

TZ.jpgTZ.jpg

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I had one on a TZ I used to own, some good shots of it here:
https://goo.gl/photos/qjRPBKhWwts3zy1r8
I had to send out the PF to HSA for extra clear and proper beveling of the upper and lower ball drop holes. From CPR it was a straight edge and looked very unfactory.

TZ.jpg

that tz looked awesome dude

2 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

For posterity in case anyone searches for this, here is a closeup shot of the silver sparkly ink. This is definitely not an accidental print.

8y3KNIn.jpg8y3KNIn.jpg

7 years later
#14 1 year ago

Look what I found in my closet clean out project.

20230217_085605 (resized).jpg20230217_085605 (resized).jpg20230217_085617 (resized).jpg20230217_085617 (resized).jpg20230217_085642 (resized).jpg20230217_085642 (resized).jpg20230217_085655 (resized).jpg20230217_085655 (resized).jpg
#15 1 year ago

Kool to see !

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from XXVII:

When CPR ran the Power playfields repros, they made a limited edition run (I think of 10) of these playfields that have silver rings instead of red. Despite the photo, I believe the silver is kind of shiny, not a flat gray. It was a special spot color for this edition.

Yes CPR limited run around 10 years ago give or take. I bought one and never installed.

20230218_084929 (resized).jpg20230218_084929 (resized).jpg
#17 1 year ago

You guys are "pinball pack rats" ( as too am I, lol ) !

#18 1 year ago

The red is better because everyone knows magnetic fields are red, not silver.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

You guys are "pinball pack rats" ( as too am I, lol ) !

I like to think of it as "buy now or forever hold your peace". Years ago (as most pinball veterans know), things were made in short runs (think CPR playfield waitlists). Nowadays, with a boom in hobby participants, more people with varied experience are interested in (re)making parts. I, too, have a stack of un-installed CPR silkscreened playfields from years ago.

#20 1 year ago

It doesn't matter if it's my favorite pinball machine or a 60's Camaro part, I'll buy almost every NOS part I find . . .

. . . it's just the way I roll.

Quoted from DumbAss:

I like to think of it as "buy now or forever hold your peace". Years ago (as most pinball veterans know), things were made in short runs (think CPR playfield waitlists). Nowadays, with a boom in hobby participants, more people with varied experience are interested in (re)making parts. I, too, have a stack of un-installed CPR silkscreened playfields from years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-silver-mini-play-field and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.