• 27 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by irobot
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-02-21 20_18_07-Twilight Zone shutting down - repaired _ Pinside Forum - Internet Explorer (resized).png
TZ25 (resized).jpg
TZ26 (resized).jpg
TZ14 (resized).jpg
TZ failure 2 (resized).JPG
TZ box failure (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

What part of Houston are you in? I'm in West Houston, just east of Katy. Just wondering in case you need a helping hand in person.

#9 6 years ago

Try reseating J101, J102, J114, J210 to see if there is any improvement. As you remove them, can you look for discoloration on the connector housings?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from GregCon:

Will do, thanks. The problem with this machine is it looks 'nearly new' and nothing jumps out as looking discolored or overheated.

Also, look to see if the pins look dark/tarnished, which is also a sign the pin connection has overheated.

#12 6 years ago

My STTNG looks new too, but 3 years ago, it was resetting just sitting in attract mode. I could play games without it resetting, but randomly during attract mode resets occurred about every hour. I finally had to repin male/female pins on J101, J114, and J210 since they were pretty dark/tarnished. Hadn't had resets since then.

#17 6 years ago

Nice game. In order to keep the MPU board in nice shape, please change out those Duracell alkaline batteries with Lithium batteries.

Also, this connector was mentioned by another person, try reseating it as well. Hopefully, it will also lessen how often the game resets. 2018-02-21 20_18_07-Twilight Zone shutting down - repaired _ Pinside Forum - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-02-21 20_18_07-Twilight Zone shutting down - repaired _ Pinside Forum - Internet Explorer (resized).png

1 week later
#19 6 years ago
Quoted from GregCon:

I have narrowed the issue down to the Z connector.

I can help you to remove that out of the game if you like. Should be able to take the connections straight to J114 if I recall correctly. It is a useless extra 2 connections that I need to remove out of my game as well. Repinning J101, J114, and J210 resolved my resets in TZ.

3 weeks later
#21 6 years ago
Quoted from GregCon:

I'm fairly confident that it is the Z connector. I'm going to replace it then see if it helped.

I am looking at removing my Z connector completely.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Once I removed my Z connector and added a Kahr Daughter Board, my resets stopped. It's been over a year without any issues.

I repaired my resets on all my WPC without having a Kahr board. Just looking to get the Z connector out as this is just extra connections that do not need to be there.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Can you elaborate on the repair? I know the kahr is a band aid and I'd prefer to fix it correctly if possible. Thx

Your original posting makes it sound like the Kahr board is required. Have you even tried your game without the Kahr board since removing your Z connector out of the game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1,059.00
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-shutting-down-repaired?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.