You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60bdfe0f0ac448ee5d9e79cf8d0b63b8e409d375 (resized).jpg
20180516_194537 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hey guys and gals.

So I finally got my new TZ delivered and set up, I loaded the balls in and went to play my first game, and found that the shooter diverter doesn't want to do its thing properly for some unknown reason.... It wont flick kack into position when it comes time to shoot another ball, and most of the time I find myseld waiting for the auto kicker (I think thats what its called) to shoot a ball out, and normally there are 2 in there...) I'm a TOTAL NOOB when it comes to any of this kind of tech stuff, BUT I have done a machine test with the diverter and it does work, looks kind of weak when working though, and I have physically looked at the assembly in action and could not see anything untoward..

Help please..?

Cheers.
Geli.

20180516_194537 (resized).jpg20180516_194537 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

First thing I'd check is if the rear of the diverter is catching on the hole in the apron it is close to. I circled the area in yellow. There is a hole right below the yellow circle cut through the shooter gauge and if the shooter gauge is bent down it will hook the back end of the diverter.

LTG : )

60bdfe0f0ac448ee5d9e79cf8d0b63b8e409d375 (resized).jpg60bdfe0f0ac448ee5d9e79cf8d0b63b8e409d375 (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First thing I'd check is if the rear of the diverter is catching on the hole in the apron it is close to. I circled the area in yellow. There is a hole right below the yellow circle cut through the shooter gauge and if the shooter gauge is bent down it will hook the back end of the diverter.
LTG : )

Try lubricate the post that swivels. When I had my TZ it would get stuck. Once I lubricated it, no problems. Use liquid silicone spray on a q-tip to apply the lubricant.

#4 5 years ago

Thank you for the replies lads, LTG I checked to see if it was catching and it looked clear.. Another thing I noticed was when it is in the wrong position it takes ages to launch out of the auto kicker, and when it does it seems to go through an odd sequence of doing other things on the machine, almost like its doing a diagnostic test, im not sure if thats normal or not.. Dnapac ill give it a bit of a lube up when I get home tonight.

Thanks again guys.
Geli.

#5 5 years ago

So I lubed it up and it works much better than it did, but it still isnt working properly in game.. And on top of that the ball switch suddenly stopped working in game as well....

Geli.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-shooter-diverter-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.