Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180210_183514 (resized).jpg
    20180212_155859 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Recently bought a Twilight Zone, and not sure why they put a screw, then wrapped with electrical tape around it, on the upper board? Any thoughts?

20180212_155859 (resized).jpg20180212_155859 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Probably to keep the ball from getting hung up in that corner.

Is screwed into the playfield?

#3 6 years ago

A hack verse leveling the mini playfield like they were supposed to

#4 6 years ago

Yes it is. I'm planning on taking it out, and that's what I figured. I plan to take it out. I just was making sure it wasn't some sort of strange mod someone was doing, or a common fix for something else. Thanks.

#5 6 years ago

I'm sure that that was what it was.. How do you level that playing field? Adjustment screws?

#6 6 years ago

You should go back and have them gice you 100 so you can buy a new mini pf.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses! I'm new to the pinball world and plan to take as much knowledge from anyone that's willing to help. Thanks!

#8 6 years ago

I wish it was that easy... I feel like I got a good deal on the unit. That was the only thing I noticed after I brought it home. Minus a few bulbs out. Like the one in the lower right of clock..

20180210_183514 (resized).jpg20180210_183514 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

It has a credit dot so it might have more issues.
    Make sure you change the batteries before they leak on the board.

#10 6 years ago

1) You don't need to 'level' the upper playfield. If you level the machine correctly then the upper playfield will level correctly and balls will NEVER get stuck in the corners. I'd love to flying clothes-line the person who put in that screw

2) Your bumper caps are in the wrong order. They should be Red then Orange then Yellow on bottom. It corresponds to the skill shot and should light up accordingly. See this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-pop-bumer-cap-order

#11 6 years ago

Bottom right corner under the mini playfield has a screw for leveling.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

1) You don't need to 'level' the upper playfield. If you level the machine correctly then the upper playfield will level correctly and balls will NEVER get stuck in the corners. I'd love to flying clothes-line the person who put in that screw

Not quite sure what planet you're from, but WMS specifically added a leveling screw/spring to the bottom right mount just for leveling. It is often necessary, since the posts and side rail's heights may not be exactly matched.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Not quite sure what planet you're from, but WMS specifically added a leveling screw/spring to the bottom right mount just for leveling. It is often necessary, since the posts and side rail's heights may not be exactly matched.

My bad. I wasn't aware of this screw/spring. You learn something new everyday

#14 6 years ago

Pops are red, amber, yellow according to manual.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

You should go back and have them gice you 100 so you can buy a new mini pf.

Where are these available from? When I checked with Mirco they wouldn’t sell the mini pf seperately.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Where are these available from? When I checked with Mirco they wouldn’t sell the mini pf seperately.

There's one one ebay but they're not original if that matters to you

ebay.com link: Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Mini Playfield 36 50020 1 Free Shipping New

Edit: By Mirco I assume you meant Marco, they have one in stock http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/36-50020-1

#17 6 years ago

ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Mini Playfield 36 50020 1 Free Shipping New
    Edit: By Mirco I assume you meant Marco, they have one in stock http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/36-50020-1

Please, don't buy it from Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on eBay) He's a crook.....a fraudulent con-man.

#18 6 years ago

ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Mini Playfield 36 50020 1 Free Shipping New

Thanks, will check those out. Reproduction is fine, Mirco is what I meant as they are a manufacturer of reproduction playfields but I’m fine buying through Marco as they are good people too.

#19 6 years ago

I'd love to flying clothes-line the person who put in that screw

It's quotes like this that keep me coming back to Pinside!

#20 6 years ago

Is screw mod for sale??
    Having problems with mine sticking too.

#21 6 years ago

My bad. I wasn't aware of this screw/spring. You learn something new everyday

Oh! Okay - yeah, originally the game had no way to level the powerfield. When production started, they made a spring/screw setup where you adjust one screw (the one on the inside, away from the outside of the game) and it will tilt the powerfield left-right. (Not increase/decrease pitch.)

#22 6 years ago

Uff black rubbers everywhere

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-screw?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.