Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chrlbrwn88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone. My TZ is resetting when hitting both flippers. I have read the older post about it but I have a rottendog driver board. First I had to replace a lower right coil diode, coil would stay locked on. then I traced a problem back to my fliptronic board because it kept blowing a fuse. Had to replace a bunch of things on that. But now I have the reset problem. Most of my boards on my game are rottendog the originals were either missing or too far gone for repair. Had anyone had a reset problem with rottendog boards? Where can I look on the board? Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Have you checked wall outlet voltage and what they game is wired for ?

For example if your wall outlet is around 100 and game wired for 120, this could be a problem.

LTG : )™

#3 6 years ago

It seems that many people have problems with Rottendog in TZ.

#4 6 years ago

My TZ has had that problem on two separate occasions. The first time it was a bad bridge rectifier...I don't remember the number, but it's well documented. I replaced it and the problem was gone for two years. The next time it was a bad capacitor, but it only reset if both flippers buttons were pressed within a few minutes of power on. A new cap fixed it. New boards don't necessarily mean good parts. Or what Lloyd said.

#6 6 years ago

The new boards might not be as efficient at handling fluctuations in power from the wall. I'd definitely check wall voltage to eliminate that as a potential cause before going too far down the rabbit hole. Then you can start looking at the bridge rectifiers and big caps.

-Wes

#7 6 years ago

The power coming out of the wall is good. can the blown diode on my flipper cause a feed back the can hurt the boards?

#8 6 years ago

Check your "Z" connector make sure it is sound and tight.

#9 6 years ago

also check the condition of your ribbon cables.

dodgy cables can cause all kinds of issues, esp. w/the aux cable that goes to the dmd driver.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman:

The power coming out of the wall is good. can the blown diode on my flipper cause a feed back the can hurt the boards?

Yes, the diode is there to prevent to clasping field backflow. No Diode on the Coil can send over 100 V's backwards into the driver board and cause resets.

#11 6 years ago

My TZ would reset hitting both flippers. I went through the game checking boards, connections, voltages, etc. The culprit was a bad thermistor in the power box in the bottom of the cabinet. Replaced the bad part and no more reset issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside