Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8885.JPG
IMG_8886.JPG
IMG_8884.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have found a Twilight Zone that I am thinking about buying
It belongs to an older couple that do not play it anymore; has owned it about 10 years
He is asking 4000 for it; is that a fair price?

Playfield is beautiful (Just dirty) no raised inserts
All of the holes look good but do not have cliffys
cabinet looks good with a little fade on one side
Its very dirty need to be shopped
The boards in the back box look really clean and the batts are moved off the board.
DMD is bright
No Mods
No leds
Has a credit dot(Clock problem, Gumball problem and 1 Switch)
The clock and Gumball machine both work

#2 10 years ago

Sounds like a very good deal to me.

#3 10 years ago

Was not sure what else to check; it played just fine
Just a layer of dirt on the playfield

#4 10 years ago

Yes, great deal. When I bought mine in June, it was very similar. I did a full shop, put in Ingo Kramer clock, full LEDs, LED door mod in backbox, gumballs, magnet on diverter, needed a U20 replacement and couple of jumpers on the CPU and two replaced switches. It looks and plays great now, I picked it up for $3800 and would do it again over and over. Best game ever in my book!

#5 10 years ago

Great price. Snap it up before it's gone.

#6 10 years ago

I agree. Sounds like a great deal.

#7 10 years ago

no question it is a terrific price. i just sold mine. completely shopped. no credit dot. led'd . new clock stuff. etc $5,600..

#8 10 years ago

Buy it now. You won't regret it. But don't be afraid to try and offer him less! Worked for me!

#9 10 years ago

thanks for the support, Its a lot of money for me and I wanted to make sure I was not making a mistake

#10 10 years ago

grab that biatch! put the Ingo clock in it, take care of a few things, and you will have a nice game.
I installed ingo clock
new slot machine scoop
cliffy on the slot
LED's
Backbox Door LED kit from Cointaker
Pinbits Gumball light
Piano
spiral sign
2 new plastics and full plastic protectors
oh...and an external sub

"don't touch the door"

#11 10 years ago

"don't touch the door"?
are you talking about the one on the playfield?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

"don't touch the door"?
are you talking about the one on the playfield?

Once you own the game you'll know what he's talking about. It's what the game says right before multi-ball starts.

Dave

#13 10 years ago

I am ready to find out; I have not spent much time playing one of these
I am really excited about it
Going to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

new slot machine scoop
cliffy on the slot
LED's
Backbox Door LED kit from Cointaker
Pinbits Gumball light
Piano
spiral sign
2 new plastics and full plastic protectors
oh...and an external sub

Looks like a good list of mods
I want to do a few with out spending a fortune

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

Looks like a good list of mods. I want to do a few with out spending a fortune ...

You don't have to go mod crazy, but there are a few inexpensive mods that I highly recommend. You'll definitely want to install the reinforced slot machine and clock targets. The diverter magnet is another must. These are what I would call "functional" mods. They will help protect the game and make it play better. Another mod that falls into this category would be a new clock board, but if your old clock is working fine, there is no reason to mess with it right away.

#16 10 years ago

If you don't buy it, I will!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

I am ready to find out; I have not spent much time playing one of these
I am really excited about it
Going to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday

Sounds great! I love owning games that I haven't spent much time on. I like when it is "new" to me. That's why I wouldn't be too excited to have taf. Awesome game, but played way too much in my youth.

#18 10 years ago

That is a nice deal. I paid $4,850 for a similar machine earlier this year (but it was very clean and didn't need to be shopped) but it had a ton of mods which I wanted.

For $4K I also would have bought this one....you did well to get one that nice for $4K. I have seen the same machine go for $4.5K-$5K often. GOOD JOB !!!! You will love the game.

#19 10 years ago

me too

#20 10 years ago

Not sure what mine is worth, but I would be willing to pay $4k for TZ. I have the TV Mod, Robby Robot Mod, the Quarter Mod, Slot Machine Mod, multicolor backglass mod and the Thunder Bird Mod. Also have a rottendog clock board. So there is a lot of things you can do to TZ to customize it. Good luck with purchase.

#21 10 years ago

Best game ever! Great price for what u describe. GL

#22 10 years ago

I'm going to go against the crowd a bit. I think it's a fair deal but that's it. Ever since MM14 things have slowed WAY down. Even now, which is suppose to be the busy season, it's slow.

There is a nice shopped TZ local for $4,500 that's been sitting for 5 days and counting. $500 more but shopped so sounds pretty comparable.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm going to go against the crowd a bit. I think it's a fair deal but that's it. Ever since MM14 things have slowed WAY down. Even now, which is suppose to be the busy season, it's slow.
There is a nice shopped TZ local for $4,500 that's been sitting for 5 days and counting. $500 more but shopped so sounds pretty comparable.

It may not be the deal of a life time but it works for me.
I love working on these things as much as I do playing them.
Have not seen another TZ for under 5500 in my area; your right that these have sat on the market for a wile and they are clean and have some mods.
All the money I spend over the 4k I can do at my own pace and pick the mods that are important to me
I am really happy how nice the playfield looks and that alone had me super excited
I will post some pictures when I pick it up

#24 10 years ago

$550,000. That's what you would need to get mine.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

$550,000. That's what you would need to get mine.

I hope I feel the same way about mine

#26 10 years ago

Too late... I already bought it from the old kook. Gave him 2 grand. Thanks for the tip.

#27 10 years ago

I agree with you it's a meh deal. Not horrible, but not nearly as smoking as everyone seems to think it is. TZ forever was a $3,300 game, and that's where I see it going back down to a year or two from now.

He started at $3,950, and is now down to $3,600. Before MM14 it would have sold in a day:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-whitewater-modded-white-3950

Quoted from Homertv:

#28 10 years ago

If anyone knows where I can get a TZ, AF, or IJ for $4500 or under within reasonable distance of me. I have a really nice NGG I would work into a deal also.

#29 10 years ago

There is one in Denver right now. A $4,500 TZ, been up a few days. It would take you all weekend to get it though.

denver.craigslist.org link

Quoted from Squeakman:

If anyone knows where I can get a TZ, AF, or IJ for $4500 or under within reasonable distance of me. I have a really nice NGG I would work into a deal also.

#30 10 years ago

Thats probably a bit far for me. I see these good deals in far away places, but never in this area. Prices are high here in AZ.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Thats probably a bit far for me. I see these good deals in far away places, but never in this area. Prices are high here in AZ.

There is one on Craigslist in AZ for $5100 I believe. Yes high in our state but I want one someday as well.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I see these good deals in far away places, but never in this area. Prices are high here in AZ.

You bring up an important point. Prices can vary greatly from one geographical region to another. This is why people often have such different opinions in price check threads such as this. When I said earlier in the thread that I thought it was a "great deal", I probably should have qualified that statement. Where I live, a TZ in this condition would sell pretty fast at $4,000.

#33 10 years ago

Buying pinball machines has always been about patience. Even with high production games like TZ, there are still only so many out there for sale. If you want to buy a pinball, odds are good there isn't a reasonable one in your area, so you can wait it out, or overpay and then pay shipping on top of it.

Quoted from Squeakman:

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Buying pinball machines has always been about patience.

Totally agree. I've found that not necessarily looking for specific titles, but rather having a nice backlog of games I could be very interested in has been best. When you gun for a title, you'll pay. However, if you wait and have a good amount of games that "would be nice to own one day" in mind, you'll eventually find good deals on something in that batch and, in time, have the collection you always desired.

#35 10 years ago

Good deal. Buy it. End of discussion .

2 weeks later
#36 10 years ago

I picked the Twilight Zone up last week; ended up talking him down to 3600
It had several errors when I got it but after a little work I fixed them all except the clock.
I reflowed solder on the clock and it was working great until the minute hand broke in half
The hand had been glued to together at some point; I have a new one ordered.

I have new rubbers, playfield plastics, coil sleeves, flipper rebuild kits and pop bumper rebuild kits with new caps on order.
still need to order LEDs, Cliffys and a blue clock housing and maybe more stuff

Thanks every one for all you help
I am loving the game so far and I can't wait to get it shopped and looking beautiful

IMG_8884.JPGIMG_8884.JPG IMG_8885.JPGIMG_8885.JPG IMG_8886.JPGIMG_8886.JPG
#37 10 years ago

Feels good, don't it? Welcome to the club!

#38 10 years ago

$3800 for a nice TZ? I have cash in hand for anyone in the Az/Ca area that has one for close to that price! Great deal HomerTv! This is about where it should sell in nice condition.

#39 10 years ago

I'd say you did okay. You certainly didn't steal it. That nice one for $4,500 has been up almost a month, so at least around here it's worth probably $4K. With the time and money you spent, you should break even if you ever went to sell it. Depends how far down the market goes.

Quoted from Homertv:

I picked the Twilight Zone up last week; ended up talking him down to 3600

Talk to the guy in Denver. Again, he's at $4,500 but he might be ready to deal.

Quoted from Squeakman:

$3800 for a nice TZ? I have cash in hand for anyone in the Az/Ca area that has one for close to that price!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Talk to the guy in Denver. Again, he's at $4,500 but he might be ready to deal.

I'd love a chance at that game, but a 28+ hour round trip pretty much puts me out of the running. I see one far down the list at $5000, but no $4500.

#41 10 years ago

denver.craigslist.org link

Quoted from Squeakman:

I see one far down the list at $5000, but no $4500.

TZ was a $3,300 game all day long forever, and I see those days coming back..... At least I hope so.

#42 10 years ago

6 times... a "certain individual" has commented to this thread negatively. troll on a mission.
we get that you want it to be a cheap machine.. sheeez

#43 10 years ago

How did I know you owned a TZ before I looked? I was trying to stop him from overpaying. I even said he got a decent deal. Nothing wrong with me disagreeing that it was a smoking hot deal. Hell, even the OP agrees.

Quoted from Homertv:

I'll keep saying what I want, feel free to put me on ignore any time.

Quoted from ShinyBall:

6 times... a "certain individual" has commented to this thread negatively. troll on a mission.
we get that you want it to be a cheap machine.. sheeez

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.