Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-02-15_00004.jpg
2014-02-15_00001.jpg
2014-02-15_00003.jpg
2014-02-15_00002.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I am going to play some TZ tomorrow morning at a local arcade. My strategy is twofold. First I want to have some fun and learn about the rule set. Secondly this is a test drive to see if I would like to have the game in my home.
Would some well TZ-schooled pinheads please give me some tips on how to approach the game?

Thanks very much
CB

#2 11 years ago

I've never played the real pin, but I have played the virtual version of it on the Pinball Arcade app. You should definitely check it out on there since you're considering buying one for your home.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

I've never played the real pin, but I have played the virtual version of it on the Pinball Arcade app. You should definitely check it out on there since you're considering buying one for your home.

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

#6 11 years ago

Left ramp, right ramp, piano scoop (mode start). Repeat, going for the lock shot and gumball shots when they become available. If the TZ is set up correctly, you can hit either ramp from either flipper. In normal multiball, the piano scoop is the jackpot and the camera shot re-lights the jackpot (hold the left flipper up when going for the piano). Going for the slot machine scoop can start a mode, but it's a dangerous shot. Also avoid the skillshot since it puts the ball in those dangerous bumpers.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks a lot. Great video. Taking notes for tomorrow.

#8 11 years ago

The right inlane and left outermost inlane will light the spiral shot, which is the right/left orbit shots;
EB in there pretty easy to get. I'd stay away from the Dead End shot personally, even though there's an EB in there also.

#9 11 years ago

Shoot ball into hole, trap on right flipper, hit left ramp, right ramp and then piano. Time out mode. Repeat ramp, ramp. Piano....LITZ follows.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shoot ball into hole, trap on right flipper, hit left ramp, right ramp and then piano. Time out mode. Repeat ramp, ramp. Piano....LITZ follows.

New that was coming

This game gets a rap for being either the easiest game ever created, or the hardest bitch beast constructed; depending on the thread/poster. CPMD let us hear back on how many times you LITZ'd on each ball.

You can time out each mode, like on most games, which can lead to a weak score as LITZ doesn't garner a huge amount of points. I mean if you're that good at it, you should probably just start/stack all modes at the same time...why are you holding the ball wasting time exactly?

#11 11 years ago

Awesome! Thanks all. I will report back
tomorrow evening.

1 year later
#12 10 years ago

I just checked out the tutorial video on PAPA.org and it helped me a lot in understanding the general game flow and how to boost my score via the objectives. Unfortunately I don't have access to the real thing, but here's my best score so far on Pinball Arcade: http://imgur.com/a/BNZMg (I've attached them to this post in case my imgur doesn't work).

They've got videos on almost every pinball machine ever made I think, so it's a great source of info. I hope this helps (even if I am a year late to this thread... ).

2014-02-15_00001.jpg2014-02-15_00001.jpg 2014-02-15_00002.jpg2014-02-15_00002.jpg 2014-02-15_00003.jpg2014-02-15_00003.jpg 2014-02-15_00004.jpg2014-02-15_00004.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 14.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-playing-strategy-for-newbie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.