Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ_5.JPG
TZ_4.JPG
TZ_3.JPG
TZ_2.JPG
TZ.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I am almost done with bringing a TZ back from the dead and I am missing a few key parts. I will look on the usual websites, but wanted to also throw this out to Pinside in case you had these laying on your nightstand, waiting for me to post.

Screen Shooter Gauge - 31-1473
Ball Guide - 01-11518
Opto Board Metal Bracket - A-151893

Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 11 years ago

I tried to find the opto board brackets for my BSD and eventually gave up. If you don't have any luck either, I ended up buying the magnetic flipper boards from Tony at Great Lakes Modular, which use standoffs instead.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

I tried to find the opto board brackets for my BSD and eventually gave up. If you don't have any luck either, I ended up buying the magnetic flipper boards from Tony at Great Lakes Modular, which use standoffs instead.

Thanks. I found the ball guide on Marcos

#5 11 years ago

there is a seller on ebay parting out a TZ that may have those parts. Think he is located in CA. You could check with him to see if he has those. Hope it helps.

ebay.com link: HUGE LOT Twilight Zone Pinball Arcade Playfield Machinery Coil Flippers

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

there is a seller on ebay parting out a TZ that may have those parts. Think he is located in CA. You could check with him to see if he has those. Hope it helps.
Ebay link

Thanks..I will email him

#7 11 years ago

The seller on eBay said he thinks he has the opto metal bracket, and Marco has the ball guide...just needing the screen shooter gauge.

Pinside is an awesome site, thanks again.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

The seller on eBay said he thinks he has the opto metal bracket, and Marco has the ball guide...just needing the screen shooter gauge.
Pinside is an awesome site, thanks again.

I've been looking for a replacement shooter gauge for a couple of years myself, its a hard to find part. Good luck in the search!

#9 11 years ago

The seller didn't have the parts Marco only has the ball guide

1 week later
#10 10 years ago

one last bump, before we need to try and make these parts....

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

one last bump, before we need to try and make these parts....

If you decide to go the make it route I would be glad to take some measurements of the parts on my TZ since my game is in pieces right now.

#12 10 years ago

That would be awesome and very helpful

3 weeks later
#13 10 years ago

Well on to plan B.

JJ and Game Exchange are going to manufacture my missing parts. For them to do this, they need the actual parts for one week. I am three pieces of metal away from having a TZ brought back from the dead.

If I can borrow your parts for one week, I'll pay you $50 for your troubles and pick them up and deliver them back to you. Here are the parts:

Ball Guide - 01-11518

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Well on to plan B.
JJ and Game Exchange are going to manufacture my missing parts. For them to do this, they need the actual parts for one week. I am three pieces of metal away from having a TZ brought back from the dead.
If I can borrow your parts for one week, I'll pay you $50 for your troubles and pick them up and deliver them back to you. Here are the parts:
Ball Guide - 01-11518

PM sent.

#15 10 years ago

I live in Keystone with my TZ and am driving to Denver tomorrow, if you call I could probably bring them down-Mark 808 782 695zero

#16 10 years ago

Thank you for all the help! I am meeting Mark tomorrow to pick up the parts and get them done. TZ will be operational in a week or so. I'll post a few pics.

Also, thank you goes out to metahugh for taking pics of the actual parts needed. I owe you a beer if you ever venture out to Denver.

Thanks again.

3 months later
#17 10 years ago

Well the TZ Project is done and playing nicely. Can't say enough about fellow pinsider blunoonan (Mark) for bringing the necessary parts to Denver so Game Exchange could duplicate them. Big thanks to JJ and Game Exchange for sticking through this one. Game is awesome.

TZ.JPGTZ.JPG TZ_2.JPGTZ_2.JPG TZ_3.JPGTZ_3.JPG

#18 10 years ago

too many parts to list that were needed to make this game sweet...

TZ_4.JPGTZ_4.JPG TZ_5.JPGTZ_5.JPG

#19 10 years ago

Looks great!! Only thing I see is you need to swap the yellow pop bumper top over where the amber/orange one is. Makes the correct pop light up to correspond with the skill shot. I am in the process of doing a restore to my TZ also. The work you have done is very nice!!

#20 10 years ago

TZ pop bumper layout:

Upper left: Red
Upper right: Amber
Lower: Yellow.

Also looks like you'll need to adjust those main flippers. They're a little high.

#21 10 years ago

no its:
Upper right: Yellow
Lower: Amber

Check ipdb for the pdf on placement or look at the flyer to see where they were originally installed. Or, just see what lights up on the skill shot.

#23 10 years ago

Thank you..just switched em out and set the date and time.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

no its:
Upper right: Yellow
Lower: Amber
Check ipdb for the pdf on placement or look at the flyer to see where they were originally installed. Or, just see what lights up on the skill shot.

Dang, I had mine the wrong way round as well.

So where does the Purple one go?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

Or, just see what lights up on the skill shot

Exactly. And that's how I have mine setup. Red UL, Amber UR, Yellow Lower. They light up in a clockwise direction from the skill shot, therefore the yellow should be at the bottom.

Watch the first 10 seconds of this video, perhaps even pause it at 0:09. Orange award=top two pops lit up.

I know about the flyer and original factory pictures and stuff like that. Keep in mind, though, that the factory just grabbed whatever was available to finish machines with whatever parts were available to them. I doubt anybody will ever be able to figure out what coin door they used, when, and for how long. And that's just the coin door!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1,059.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-parts-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.