image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2545 7 years ago

I'm toying with the idea of offering some alternate clock face decals for TZ. The original decal on my clock was falling off. While getting ready to order a replacement I thought about printing a new original clock face (I do vinyl decal printing).

So this is just a prototype example. I like it on my machine and thought I would ask if there would be any interest for others? It's reverse printed on removable clear vinyl with a translite diffuser. It installs in the same location as the original decal. Because it's removable vinyl you can reposition it if you miss lining it up on your first few attempts so no wasting a decal (or your money) because of a simple mistake.

This particular color scheme best matched the original clock decal colors but I can change the colors easily if you prefer something else. In addition, I will be increasing the vibrancy of these colors on final prints as this is just a first attempt.

Thanks!

20160907_154759 (resized).jpg20160907_154759 (resized).jpg

20160907_154734 (resized).jpg20160907_154734 (resized).jpg

20160907_154655 (resized).jpg20160907_154655 (resized).jpg

20160907_154608 (resized).jpg20160907_154608 (resized).jpg

#2549 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I got 2 questions: Is your housing blue? Could you post a pic of the decal alone?

I do have the blue housing and my clock board is from Rottendog with LEDs. Here is a pic of the decal (I can change the color scheme to match your personal preference). I've already made printing adjustments to make this look more vibrant and will install version 2 of this decal tomorrow. I will also follow up with pics if anyone is interested.

TZ Proto 1 (resized).jpgTZ Proto 1 (resized).jpg

#2552 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

the clock decal is interesting because it's different and colorful but you can't tell time with it. Can you make something different and colorful that's still a clock face?

For me personally I don't mind it without the numbers as I'm comfortable with being able to tell the time (based on position of the hands). I think the numbers may clutter up the design but it may be worth another attempt at the design at some point. Thanks for your feedback.

#2553 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'd definitely be interested and will already by taking the clock apart to install the ingo board.
How much?

The clock decals will be in the $9 - $14 range based on final design. I'm toying with the idea of creating a very thin decal border for the front of the clock window to give the design a 3 dimensional effect as well.

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

it's really no different that one of these. Clocks and watches have been around for years without numbers or tick marks.
Also, the clock is really only used to tell how much time is left in a door panel mode, correct?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I've been looking at clocks for over 40 years so a clock face with or without numbers makes no difference on my ability to know what time is being displayed. I was looking to get away from the numbers and concentrate more on a design and color scheme that fits well with the machine. This design has the zodiac signs and a spiral effect while integrating the original colors of the clock.

When the clock is counting down while in a mode you know it ends at 12:00 which is easy enough to figure out without numbers (in my opinion).

#2568 7 years ago

Here is a quick revision incorporating numbers on the clock face. This isn't a final design for font type or color type but I did want to show another style.

TZ Clock Proto 3 (resized).jpgTZ Clock Proto 3 (resized).jpg

#2569 7 years ago

OK, so this is the test prototype version 4. I've added numbers to pay homage to the original clock style and have brightened up the clock face in order to better see the clock hands while in motion. I've simplified the installation process by printing this on backlit translite material (same material used for arcade marquees) so that it slips in between the clock board and the clock plexi. The clock optos fill the gap on the clock face translite so that it's impossible to install off center. It can be installed and removed in seconds! I'd like to ask 2 or 3 pinsiders to test this in their clocks and offer any feedback so that I can make any additional changes before the first run of these. If you are up to helping send me a PM and I'll ship you one of these free of charge.

I'll stop cluttering up this thread now. Thanks!

TZ Clock Proto 4 example pic (resized).jpgTZ Clock Proto 4 example pic (resized).jpg

#2573 7 years ago

Easy install of new clock face. It doesn't get easier as it drop right in. No decal alignment issues as this is a free floating translite that can be swapped in seconds.

20160909_082419 (resized).jpg20160909_082419 (resized).jpg

20160909_083715 (resized).jpg20160909_083715 (resized).jpg

#2575 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I liked the first one better.

Both will be available. I can also do custom color requests.

#2577 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I wonder if the number 8 is upside down?

It's actually just the font style and isn't upside down.

#2580 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks.... would you make one just like the translite?

Not sure I follow? Can you specify what you need or feel free to PM me and I'll help as best I can.

#2601 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm kinda going the opposite way.... I'm currently "un-modding" both my TAF and my TZ... and slowly recognizing that less is actually more!

I agree with that. I prefer the more subtle / tasteful mods on TZ versus a total bling of the machine. Not saying that's right or wrong...just my personal taste.

If you haven't put a Pinsound board in your TZ yet your probably missing the most unbelievable mod for that pin. Something to look into if you haven't already done so.

#2603 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Agreed. I custom spliced the best of the DCS Granner and remastered mixes plus the opening track from the TZ Horror show track to make an "ultimate" TZ track. I also have the Horror Show and original tracks separately loaded onto the thumb drive on the board. The TZ Horror Show mix is a total riot especially around Halloween.

I really like the Horror Show mix. A crazy change of pace for sure! The remastered original mix is ear candy for those that like the original sounds and music of the game. For some reason I didn't really care so much for the original Granner version that never made it in the game. So fun to be able to switch the music mixes on the fly and have the opportunity to create your own.

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I've heard a pinsound board in a TZ and it wasn't for me. IMO the TZ needs to make certain sounds with certain shots. And, I sure like the TZ song as background music. If I'm not mistaken, the pinsound boards loses that song completely.
The TV mod I'm going with is for a dollhouse. It's on ebay for $95 which includes the seller putting whatever episodes on the TVs memory that you choose.

Actually, you can have the original factory mix, a remastered factory mix (my favorite as it's actual instruments and clear call outs...DON'T TOUCH THE DOOR!!!), the original Granner mix, amongst others. You don't lose anything but gain ridiculous audio improvement on your machine (there is an on board amplifier) and have the ability to switch between these mixes at any time (before, during, or after a game).

To switch between mixes you press your volume down button one additional time after you are at VOLUME 0 (zero)...then you hear a little jingle which let's you know you've switched to the next mix on your board (you can store multiple mixes). When you volume up the next mix is playing. It's incredible.

I'll be happy to do a video if I'm confusing anyone.

#2654 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

LOL, is this what the TZ owners club has resorted to? How bout posting some sweet scores or answering my weak mini flipper question. 50% of you turds are color blind anyways, LOL.
My highest score on my newly acquired TZ is 619k. My slot machine kicks out weird making it harder to catch consistenly. My outlanes are in the middle and my tilt is set pretty tight (with 2 warnings). I have come 2 modes away from LITZ but have not achieved it yet. Looking forward to getting a new slot scoop, new blue clock housing, and upper playfield low-profile switch kit. Yes, I am an addict.

Got my blue clock housing from Mantis Amusements for $50. It's perfect.

#2678 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm hoping someone can help me out that has replaced their TZ translite. I just received and installed a new one that I bought from Little Shop of Games but they source through Planetary Pinball Supply...so it's a next gen which I was assured is just as good if not better (richer colors) than the original. Anyways, I turn the machine on and I can basically see almost every individual LED bulb shine through the translite...it doesn't look good at all. The new translite's backing almost seems translucent and it doesn't look good at all. I'm using normal one LED non-ghosting bulbs from cointaker, so it's not like I'm using ultra brights or anything out of the ordinary for backbox illumination.
Does anyone else have a next gen/PPS replacement translite and is yours like this?
Is there another supplier and is the product better?
Thanks!
P.S. It's significantly more noticeable in person vs. in the pics

If you want to PM me I do have translite material and can send you a blank piece cut to the original translite size. Double it up behind your new translite and that should diffuse the light enough so you aren't seeing those individual LEDs.

#2681 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Where can I find the repro "starlight" one?

PM sent! My only concern will be that the light won't shine through enough if the translite has a double back...but I'd be willing to try it?

I'll send it out Monday. I think it will be a perfect solution. I use this material for pinball translites and arcade marquees and it works great. It's meant to absorb light from the back and illuminate the front. With your translite being so transparent this second layer is a promising solution in the hopes you don't have to buy another translite. It may also cut down on the glare on the playfield glass?

#2699 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

I had a weak mini flipper and all it was was an old flipper opto board. Regular flipper was strong, mini was weak. Worked, but weak after 20 min of playing. Swapped it out and both are strong as can be.

+1 (exactly my situation and fix)

#2714 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I just did that I was about to respond and tell everyone to disregard. I feel like a moron but I appreciate the response and it's fixed!
That ingo clock board with the rainbow LEDs is awesome!

Lol...I did that the first time as well. Don't feel like a moron!

2 weeks later
#2792 7 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Does anyone have the lighted flipper buttons in their TZ? I am thinking about buying these and am stuck deciding if I should get the Blacklight or Blue color.

I have the blue and they look great. I have them set to pulse and they go perfect with the the rest of the art package.

6 months later
#3990 6 years ago

Just wondering if anyone knows typical turn-around time for the Ingo Clock Board and shipping to the US? I placed an order for the board but haven't received a reply from german-pinball and I've been reaching out via PM and email for over a week. I'm not concerned with losing the money as many people vouch for Ingo but I haven't been successful in receiving a reply via PMs or email.

#4017 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah, but he was marked on vacation for a month so I figure he's probably behind and catching up. About a week ago I did get a notice from paypal that my order status was changed to in process, but nothing else.
Not worried but kind of considering canceling as I have since gotten a rebuild boad from eBay that works perfectly fine. Might give it a couple more weeks though since everyone raves about his board.

I'm not sure how you could cancel to be honest as there is no way to reach him right now it seems. I hope everything is OK on his end. It wouldn't hurt to send a quick generic reply that states "I'm running behind and catching up on orders." He's checking in at Pinside everyday but has overlooked his PMs I guess?

This post is in no way meant to be critical of Ingo. I was just hoping to get a little correspondence is all and wanted to know if this is typical of ordering with him. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

#4050 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

For anyone trying to get in touch with Ingo, it seems he might have ran into computer problems: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheres-ingo-kramer-german-pinball

He reached out to me a few days ago regarding an order I have with him for the Ingo TZ Clock board. He apologized for not being responsive as of late. He explained he had a car accident upon returning from vacation and he was busy figuring out repairs. He didn't mention any personal injury so that's good. I haven't heard back from him in the past few days though.

1 week later
#4115 6 years ago

Anyone have any idea (based on your personal order to the US) on how long Ingo's TZ Clock board stays hung up in New York customs? My board left Germany and arrived in the US in only 2 days and has now spent the last 7 days in New York Customs with no more updates. Just curious if this is weeks, months, etc? Obviously its completely out of Ingo's hands as he did his part already!

#4117 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Mine was lost between customs for weeks!
It seemingly disappeared in the handoff over in Germany. Finally after weeks no updates turned up in NY. Only to sit in various locations/stages in NY for about another week. Then finally got delivered.
Took about a month in total start to finish.

Thanks for sharing.

#4123 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Mine currently has this status:
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:32 pm on May 16, 2017.

Lol...my status is this:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 2:17 pm on May 10, 2017.

I'm assuming it won't get another scan/update until it's delivered.

8 months later
#5228 6 years ago

Would anyone happen to have an original (not repro please) left sling plastic they would be willing to sell? Bought a licensed repro off of eBay and it's so washed out I'd rather have the broken plastic on there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=stpcore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.