IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgorsuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6695 5 years ago

Hello all, I have spent the better part of the day reading older posts with TZ clock errors and issues , but have not yet found the same symptoms my clock is having. I had a credit dot and report was broken clock. I would go thought the clock test mode and everything is fine. I recently replaced the batteries-which have been removed from the CPU board and found leakage on the battery holder.I cleaned this up and installed new batteries- now the credit dot is gone- and no test report errors. However the clock does not keep time in the attract mode. The goes forward and backward throughout the game, and will advance to the correct time of day in attract, but stays at this position.Any thoughts ? Thanks

Correction: The credit dot has returned, with the report of clock is broken. I turn the game off and restarted and the credit dot is gone ,until it goes into the attract mode.

#6698 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Are all of the clock Optos registering correctly in test mode both forward and reverse?

Yes in the test mode -all optos register forward and reverse, both in slow and fast mode.

#6701 5 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:Do you have the original clock board built in or an aftermarket-board? You have at least 1 bad opto.

It is the original board. In searching the threads about clock issues- there is high praise for your replacement board.I have to be honest, I have been looking over the sections 1-50 and 1-51 in the manual and trying to summon the courage to remove the clock from the game to look it over.It is a little intimidating so say the least.
Do you still have boards available?

#6714 5 years ago

This is an awesome club- thanks to all, very encouraging, really built up my confidence.I did decide to get the new board from Ingo, he was exceptionally helpful. Ill post some before and after pics. Thanks Team TZ.

1 week later
#6751 5 years ago
Quoted from starslugger27:

I just installed the color DMD monitor on my TZ, but when I turned on the machine, none of the flippers work. I am not sure what happened or what to do. I appreciate any help. Happy Holidays!
Joe

I could not readily find the manual- but I think there is a connection needed for 12vdc for the DMD lands on the driver board possibly on J116- did the original connection get re-hooked up to this junction via the z connector that comes with the new DMD cable?

I did find the manual and-this connection does head to the fliptronic board via the cabinet opto switches

2 months later
#6889 5 years ago

I wanted to give a shout out to Ingo, who sent me his clock replacement board. I think it took less than a week ,which was a pleasant surprise.

I finally summoned the courage to take the clock off the game and install the new clock board. Wow!!! It was surprisingly easy! The credit dot is gone...after a year, I am such a procrastinator. Very easy to install. I am not sure that it makes any difference when installing the OPTOs, but I referenced his website and it looked like the chamfered edge was to the outside. I powered up the game and " clock is broken" is no longer in the test report, and the clock advances to the correct time in the attract mode. I am very pleased and Ingo- thank you .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sgorsuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=sgorsuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.