Topic Stats

• 7,761 posts
  • 584 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 minutes ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 314 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,993 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8A0CCBB8-D9AE-4F1F-9D8C-24139CE2F9C2 (resized).jpeg
AA605C3E-28E3-45F4-B59C-CFF9F0BBAD2D.gif
Twilight Zone Mini Playfield Protector.pdf (PDF preview)
Twilight Zone Backboard artwork.pdf (PDF preview)
twilight zone keyring.pdf (PDF preview)
31-1765-28.pdf (PDF preview)
Twilight Zone missing plastic CMYK Vector - SPOT Colour Die trace.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_9065 (resized).JPG
twilight ball divertor artwork Correct Size.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_9064 (resized).JPG
IMG_9064 (resized).JPG
blkwire (resized).jpg
InkedIMG_20191117_105058_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_20191117_105058 (resized).jpg
TZ (resized).jpg
IMG_20191012_142318 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinrob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#705 4 years ago

Got a neat Camera from Japan. Need to light it up and mount it.image.jpgimage.jpg

5 months later
#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Cool, any tips you have on installing this mod would be appreciated!

Ditto

5 months later
#1593 3 years ago

My 3yr old boy rocking the TZ lately
image_(resized).jpg

11 months later
#3091 2 years ago

I have a new Great Lakes Modular OSB-10B custom 10 opto switch board for Twilight Zone -

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43422

Revolutionary technology that reduces power consumption by over 65%
Less heat and better efficiency will improve the longevity of your optos!
Full LED diagnostics for all ten IR transmitters and receivers will help you track down faulty optos or intermittent wiring harnesses.
Auxillary 12V power port for your game mods! No more hacking!
NEW! Improved LED diagnostics now detects ground shorts and opto sensor overloads!
NEW! Hardware support for the 3rd magnet opto (switch #82).

2 months later
#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is anyone using PinGuard protectors?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1403
I have read, and it says right in the description, that it should not be used for cabinets with decals.
Just wanted to get some feedback.
Thanks

They don't protect anything.

These below do

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I am in the club!! Super excited!! Got the game from a local pinsider....great dude he helped me through some issues that ended up being caused by a few power driver plugs coming undone during move. But he spent all day on and off teaching me how to trouble shoot, read and understand game diagnostics and giving me tips on products to use and not use. This is my 4th purchase from a pinsider and all have been so nice and helpful as I am in early stages of learning. Love this site!!
Looking at this game in my living room makes me feel like Santa came by!
Appreciate all of you that share all your knowledge and experience!!
Cheers

Nice topper - where and how much?

8 months later
#4975 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

+1. There's no room for green into the Twilight Zone!

A113C69C-A1AA-4C32-93CC-DB374B940179 (resized).jpeg

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Quick questions Coyote. I put leds in my TZ last month. I am still trying to get the 5 yellow color inserts, just above the flippers, correct (2 million, power, 4 million , power, 10 million inserts). I have yellow 4 SMD 555 in the inserts now. It sort of makes them look orange. I had the natural 4 SMD in the inserts before and they looked like a crappy off yellow. Any suggestions on what color to use. I get my LEDs from Comet.
Thanks Coyote.

I’ll check what I did on mine for you. I used Comet and got the lower yellow inserts perfect and did the orange door inserts too. Don’t remember off hand but will post pics and what I used later.

#4985 1 year ago

I used these from Cometpinball http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm
Warm white for the lower yellow inserts and orange for the door panel inserts
And double flex head flux in red for the Gum, Ball, Lock 1, Lock 2
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2-flux-wired.htm
In real life it looks perfect but camera pictures of LEDs never show what they really look like.
88DEF373-F1D4-4CB1-AC25-A514529A6600 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys. Looking at getting one in the next few months or so. Whats a good price range for a good condition?

5500-6500

1 week later
#5051 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Question for anyone who has switched to LEDs: which type of white did you use in the backbox, cool or warm? I'm working on mine right now but my translite is quite brown (maybe from cigarette smoke?) and it's making it hard for me to judge.

Clean the translite carefully. I’ve had some with nicotine on them and I got them back to white again. Novus 1

#5062 1 year ago

Or a smaller Super Lube 1/2oz

amazon.com link »

#5091 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Can anyone tell me what bulbs are used on the mini playfield? I'm damned if I can find anything at all in the manual about it. Every other bulb seems to be listed, but the only bulb I can find that it mentions explicitly is the white flasher bulb. The two red ones and the yellow one might as well not exist.
I found a photo of the underside of the mini PF here: http://www.iobium.com/DSCN1529.JPG
Are they all #906 flashers?
Thanks in advance!

I believe they are 555 wedge base - 906 flasher in the middle circle 7FD17FF9-34B3-41D9-93CF-702F90ED46DF (resized).jpeg

#5136 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone selling a plastic replacement for the carboard mini playfield bottom cover? Mine is a little beat up and not looking so good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01176-twilight-zone-power-playfield-bottom-plastic-protector

#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm selling some of the mods removed off my game. All have leds and work. Prices include domestic shipping. PM me if interested.
Talky Tina - looks hand painted and very well done - $200
Dead End Lamp - looks like real metal and detailed - $100
Camera - hand painted but kinda rough looking to be honest - $30

TT on eBay $120 ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Talking Tina Mod With Interactive Led Ball
Someone bought it I guess

Added 22 months ago: ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Talking Tina Mod With Interactive Led Ball

#5177 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man, let me tell you: this pinsider's thing is to go thru every for sale post or ad here on pinside, and post a link to the same product selling somewhere else...
And he doesn't even own a TZ.... Talk about jealousy!

Umm, I do own a TZ, and the FEW times I’ve seen something for sale that is overpriced I’ve posted about it. No need to get ripped off here. The Talking Tina mod I linked to above ended after I posted a link but there are still some for sale overeseas for about 160 new. Is it a 200 used mod? Mr. Rio’s decals and plastics are often way overpriced and if I can save another Pinsider from getting ripped of I will.

#5181 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Dang. Not trying to rip anyone off or anger the pinside price police. There's not much info on these mods so that's why I put up several pics to show everything about them. Not trying to fool nobody. I don't see the Tina mod for sale anywhere. All out of stock. The point is that I have them and looking to see if anyone is interested in buying them.

It’s all good man, I’m sure your not trying to rip anyone off here. I see you are correct in the Tina mod not being available anywhere but it was yesterday via eBay but the listing ended. And props to you for removing some mods from your TZ.

Added 22 months ago: Just relisted
ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Talking Tina Mod With Interactive Led Ball

#5196 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I got you, but let me say just one last thing... If that pinsider really wanted to positively contribute, (which he clearly doesn't), the right way to do it would be to send a PrivateMsg to the seller, saying "hey dude, I came across your ad, but don't you think your product is a bit overpriced? I saw the same item at xxx.com and it's cheaper than yours...".
The way he does, including his last post to jawjaw, is definitely/plain wrong. Typical attitude of a bitter person...
And I also got a question... Did I, by any chance, ever rip anyone off here? If someone feels that way, please, Mr.Rio begs you to come and post here.

Just for clarification I didn’t post about your high priced Congo decals. I provided a link AFTER another PinSide member pointed out they were for sale for much less than $40.00. Geez

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-inlane-decals#post-4174979

3 weeks later
#5358 1 year ago

Finally put these side and back wall art blades in, and was able to do it without pulling the playfield out!
AD17A1A8-4178-42A8-98DE-F844DD11F1EB (resized).jpeg

#5362 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Awesome where did you get that side art looks amazing! How did you put them in without taking the playfield out, is there a trick to it?

ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Amp Backboard Decal Set Mod

It’s tricky and pretty convoluted to describe. I should have taken pictures along the way to document how to do it. I’ll do a picture write up when I do it again

#5365 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd probably clean those filthy inserts while you're down there.

I clean the insert before I put the bulb in.

#5385 1 year ago

Some pics with more lighting 21000802-C5F8-45AA-B3C5-3296AFD4F9A9 (resized).jpeg6926C420-0E40-4A7F-BCE3-365C35492116 (resized).jpegF369EB2C-2947-4BFE-B2C4-B8E512A6FDAD (resized).jpeg

#5391 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pics may be brighter... still... colors off / lines discontinued (no matter the perspective)...
Orange pop bumper cap must be corrected!
And what's up with the flipper bat decals?

I’m glad you are so bent out of shape on how my TZ looks. Everything will stay as is just to aggravate you.

#5398 1 year ago

TZ cover arrived

2CC779E3-D2CB-4DBE-9F92-72DB4910E68E (resized).jpeg

#5400 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man that looks great! Is that a blanket or is it sized specifically for the game?

It’s a blanket/towel 36”x60” $23.20 total shipped

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I like that speaker! What brand?

Polk SDA-SRS

1F6790C5-118B-4B8A-A7E3-D066550258AB (resized).jpeg

#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Been there. Done that. And better!
Glad to see you still look up to me!

WOW, that cover is awesome! I wish I had it. And I wish I had those super sweet inner art blades that you have too. I sure look up to you. You are so amazing in all you do and NO one will ever be as great as you, for you are and always will be better! And since you are so unbelievable I just donated in your behalf to PinSide to give you a heart for the first time!

Hi there PinRob!
You have just made a donation on behalf of your Pinside friend AlexSMendes
You rock!
Thanks for supporting the Pinside! AlexSMendes now has a red heart next to their user name, showing the love for Pinside
Happy flippin'!
The Pinside crew

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK, I think I found it. Not as awesome as Mr Rio's but good enough to keep the cats off and easy enough to pull off to play.
amazon.com link »

I got it here - https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Twilight-Zone-Another-Dimension-Poly-36X60-Blanket-White-One-Size/151129132

2 weeks later
#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

I agree other than adding lube. These gears were designed , like almost everything in a pinball machine, to run dry. The problem with lube is that it collects any dust/dirt floating around then edventually dries into a glue-like substance over the years.

Synthetic Super Lube with PTFE does not ever dry out and does not atttract dust.

#5537 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mine are noisy. Link to good lube?

Or if you want a smaller size with a smaller applicator tip

ebay.com link » Super Lube 21010 Synthetic Multi Purpose Grease

3 weeks later
#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Very nice. Looks in excellent condition, with some nice tasteful mods to boot

Looks like someone restored it to me. Very nicely!

#5591 1 year ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Hahahahahaha yes that's an ugly thing, which goes directly into the shredder, I have ordered a red one from Dinky.

Not ugly, just different. And different in a good way as your’s stands out from the pack of TZ’s with the red one. I’d put it on mine but then you wouldn’t see the full effect of my out of order color pop bumper caps.

2 months later
#5996 1 year ago

Could the dangling wire be part of the Gum, Ball, Lock 1, Lock 2 flashers that we’re originally intended for those on the door panel board?

2 months later
#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Where did you get that spiral wireform? I've been looking for one

Look cooler than it performs in real life.

2 months later
#6549 1 year ago

78DABF69-7C01-43EC-A56E-3E5935E3514C (resized).jpeg

62270461-E1CD-4D61-9758-83C09A485AC1 (resized).jpeg
#6560 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m finally in the club! My machine needs a bit of work in terms of new decals but I’m also stumped as to what part number the grey cardboard under the upper Playfield is and where I can get a new one
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01176-twilight-zone-power-playfield-bottom-plastic-protector

#6572 1 year ago
Quoted from BobA:

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Back-wall Decal and the Inside sidewall decals?

Which ones?

These? ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

You can also probably save a bit if you contact him directly for the above set on eBay
andydreads@btinternet.com

1 month later
#6680 11 months ago

1 month later
#6826 9 months ago

I have some TZ stuff. Only interested in continental US buyers right now.

F3216A15-79E3-494B-BE60-FDF9E2FA3F61 (resized).jpegBF833C3A-F1E7-480C-BE41-C7C4AD247116 (resized).jpeg

0AB682C3-720F-4B86-940B-E0BDAAB031EF (resized).jpeg8D94172C-972B-4D5A-879B-D48E3333DBA8 (resized).jpeg49C67390-5F9E-481B-9E25-5987BD98D491 (resized).jpeg85FD81EF-3AE9-49FE-AA7C-424F4BBAF903 (resized).jpeg914E0C14-0DA2-4376-BDCD-3AF97766419A (resized).jpeg Added 9 months ago:

Piano mod, pop bodies and skirts, camera kits - SOLD

Added 9 months ago:

Cliffy for mini playfield, pop bodies, cameras, piano mod - all SOLD

#6834 9 months ago

2 weeks later
#6895 9 months ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Seatmandan.. Why the down votes? Ingo makes a great replacement.

I think he said his Ingo board arrived DOA and is now sitting on a shelf

#6928 9 months ago
Quoted from broher:

Miss the TZ talk...

ALEXSMENDES is back with another account.

6 months later
#7480 69 days ago

Welcome back with another account yet again ALEXSMENDES

2 months later
#7716 3 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Long shot but has anyone got a CAD file or anything for the clear lexan cover that people have used for the bottom of the mini playfield, to replace the cardboard? I can't see where to buy it from, and I'm in the UK so ideally would like to get it over here quicker if I can.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinrob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside