20240227_093351 (resized).jpg
Eddy board (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.44.39 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.00.06 PM (resized).png
IMG_9941 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1287 8 years ago

Just bought mine!! Really excited. Only got a couple games in but plays great. Looks pretty stock! I'll get pics. I'd like to hear what protectors are a must (haven't had time to read whole thread... I will). I'm thinking more in terms of longevity, not style type mods.

3 months later
#1572 8 years ago

Is the after picture including a cliffy? I have a cliffy there and wonder if this kit is compatible?

2 weeks later
#1631 8 years ago

Thanks for the shooter lane tips! A couple of my pins look like that. Melted clearcoat is what my pin mechanic says.

#1657 8 years ago

I like it a lot. One of my favorite episodes.

1 week later
#1695 8 years ago

Hey guys,
I have a weird "carriage" problem. Is it called the carriage? Che thing that catches the ball on the rail or lets it go to the powerfield. It sometimes won't carry the ball up and out to the main playfield. It makes a whine sound but won't dump the ball over. It's intermittent. Sometimes it works ok. It never seems to fail when battle the power is lit, though. Anything make sense here? Just a weak solenoid that needs more power?

#1696 8 years ago

Bump?

#1698 8 years ago

It felt fine when flipping it manually from under the pf. I replaced the coil sleeve. Got a couple games on it and it seemed better. Still makes a pretty loud groaning sound. Does that sound familiar? It looks like a standard solenoid (smaller than a flipper) so I'm not sure what the noise is. Maybe a new solenoid is necessary?

#1715 8 years ago

I love Woz. Imo it's better than my Tz.

#1723 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Champion Pub would be in line to go. Trying to trade w/ little cash. Since TZ is worth more than CP, that was the route i was going. I have Congo and EATPM but love them both. Damn, i want to keep everything. paynemic, you have both games....are you saying if you had to let one go, it would be TZ?

Yes. I own both and would let go of tz before Woz. And yes, I'm straight. It's is a mechanical and programming wonder. People who mock it either haven't played it or dislike the theme. I can take or leave the theme, but the integration is flawless.

As this is a tz thread, I mean no disrespect to tz. I own it and love it.

#1730 8 years ago

Haha. Ok. Nuf Woz

My ramp diverter (carriage?) still Doesn't work. I gave it a thorough cleaning and a new coil sleeve. Still makes a loud groan but does not tip the ball over. I think it always gets out of the way for the power battle though. Is there a way to turn up his coils power independently? Do I need to just replace the coil? Seems easy enough...

#1733 8 years ago

Not the best video. I'll turn the sound down and record it tomorrow. But it has this characteristic for an that none of my other pins' solenoids make. I can't tell if it's sound effect though, now that I watch the video!

#1738 8 years ago

Good call. I'll check that out.

3 weeks later
#1825 8 years ago

Hi again everybody. Dang carriage problems again. I replaced the coil and sleeve. Definitely improved things but still rare problem. I hate it. Once it doesn't work once, ball search will never fix it. But once I remove the glass and remove it it's works again for a while. Seems fluid. No clear problems mechanically. Maybe a little "heavy" seeming. One mod on it (little lcd tv and raspberry pi playing video)

Any ideas? Could the tv be the problem? I can't remember what it's powered from. It's got a ribbon cable off a board if I remember correctly. It's at work.

1 month later
#2014 7 years ago

Guys, I still can't get my carriage to not trap balls. I can't believe it. I replaced the coil with brand new. Sometimes it works fine. Doesn't seem to be a lot of extra resistance as the springback seems just right to bring the empty carriage back up to normal position. I just need more power out of the coil. Is it a sin or would it break something to put in the next larger coil in that spot?

Thanks.

1 month later
#2150 7 years ago

Funny. I have one stuck somewhere too. I'm planning on just tipping the platforms back slowly, hoping it rolls out. Then trying to find out why...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.50
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.