image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphelman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6811 5 years ago

I am finally part of the club! Picked up a partial project TZ. one of the things missing was the bridge(ramp) diverter leading to the upper playfield. I ordered the parts I need or so I thought.

There is a pin or something that I still need that goes in the diverter itself. Not sure what it looks like or the part number. Anywhere to get it?

Here is a pic.

20190205_183841 (resized).jpg20190205_183841 (resized).jpg
#6814 5 years ago
Quoted from DW3000:

You’re looking for part# 02-4837 and a couple 1/8” e-clips for it. Marco and a few others (I think?) have it for a buck or two.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4837
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=02-4837
Hopefully you’re lucky enough to still need to order something from a place that has it.
But if you’re otherwise going to get hit with $15 shipping on a $1.50 part, let me know - I might have ordered a spare and if I’m right about that, I could drop it in the mail for you. I’m all too familiar with the horrible USA>Canada shipping rates (which is probably why I bought a spare haha).
The e-clips are just standard 1/8” ones you can get at any hardware store. Nothing special about those, thankfully.

That would be awesome if you have a spare. If not I will have to order one. Thanks!

#6821 5 years ago
Quoted from DW3000:

I know I at least have my original hinge pin, and I think also a new unused one. There wasn’t anything wrong with my original aside from a bit of wear, but I ordered a new one along with the new diverter since I figured I might as well replace everything at once. I’m almost positive I ordered a couple of them and I can’t see myself needing a second new spare any time soon though.
I’ll take a look probably tonight and see what’s there. Only reason I say “probably tonight” is we’re getting a new puppy today so I imagine I should have a chance to look, but we’ll see what the new puppy decides
Take a look at the “Bally Grey Parts Manual” on Planetary Pinball, and/or also I think the Service Bulletin Update for TZ (on ipdb?) - it has the missing illustration/parts list for the diverter listed in it that wasn’t in the manual to make sure you have everything else.

Thanks. Looked at the manual and looks like I have everything but the hinge pin. I can get the clamps anywhere so that is good.

I appreciate the help. I have no problem ordering the parts but figure if you have a spare I am likely to get it faster from you than them. Trying to get this thing ready for the 17th which is our league night at my place.

Thanks again for your help!

1 week later
#6827 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I have some TZ stuff. Only interested in continental US buyers right now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I guess that means shipping to Canada is out of the question?

I am in need of the proximity sensors

#6843 5 years ago

Tech issue and question. My sensor proximity boards in the trough and subway are working properly. LED goes on and off when it should. Powerball is not behaving properly in game. It is giving me random powerball mutliballs and does not do anything different when ceramic ball is in play.

Yes I have checked the settings. The only problem with the game is a credit dot for thw gumball diverter for some reason even though it works perfectly fine.

could they be related? Any ideas?

TIA

#6845 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

When the powerball is kicked out of the trough, do you get the Powerball animation on the dmd? Same should happen when the powerball is ejected from the gumball and before kicked out of the slot machine. Those would tell if you the proximity switches are working correctly. If you are going into powerball multiball, the game must think the powerball is in play (powerball inserts should be lit) and right orbit opto is triggered. That opto may be bad which would mean the diverter never activates. When something doesn't get activated over certain number of games, you get a credit dot for it. I'm hardly the expert at this stuff but I would check all switches and optos. Bang around the pf and see if optos trigger. Had that happen on one game. Opto worked fine in testing but triggered on vibrations.

Boards appear to work. LED turns on when Metal ball touches them and stays off when ceramic ball touches them. Diverter is not a switch. it is a coil and works fine. Never had a problem with it so confused my the credit dot.

With boards appearing to be working properly I am confused why the game is not doing what it is supposed to with the powerball.

#6849 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Because it thinks there is something wrong with the diverter, and therefore is in 'error' mode. All powerball modes are 'simulated'.
Try clearing the error by:
(1) Make sure that A.2 24 is not set to 'Yes', and A.2 26 is not set to 'Yes'.
(2) Going into Gumball Test, let it do a Continuous Mode and let it run for a good 5 minutes and see if any errors are thrown.
(3) If no errors are thrown, then do a factory reset.

I am going to try this tonight. I think the setting are ok and I have factory reset too. Have not run the test. will do that and see if that helps. I though the issues may be related. Hopefully that is it. Thanks!

Quoted from jawjaw:

I said check the opto. The diverter coil will fire based off of the opto. Everything in the game is controlled by switches/optos. If the powerball does not go back into the gumball machine when in play and the multiball starts randomly, it sounds like switch issues.

I thought the same thing too but all the switches work as well as the diverter despite the error.

3 months later
#7129 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I totally agree with this. The problem will return until the wires have been soldered in place. I soldered to the backside of the boards. It seemed a little less offensive visually.

Actually there is another fix that I used and have not had a problem since. Twist the wire 8-10 times and then connect it again. Mine has stayed on nice and snug ever since. No need to solder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphelman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=murphelman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.