Topic Stats

• 9,628 posts
  • 695 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by The_Pump_House
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,487 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1DDD7447-1E6B-41C5-B80B-3A534CE749CA (resized).jpeg
68B32F4B-6F48-4602-87F7-12CC3171E0F0 (resized).jpeg
06DE3F1B-7343-40CD-9EE2-047825503C24 (resized).jpeg
3180B65F-42FA-409A-8B85-22AA2D04DF0E (resized).jpeg
DD964677-F104-474D-B3F7-19645B7CE213 (resized).jpeg
P1040354 (resized).JPG
IMG_4438 (resized).jpg
31A1C9EE-9454-4C14-A12F-3756E00D6E2A (resized).jpeg
20210110_150701_06 (resized).jpg
20210107_192451_006 (resized).jpg
20210109_130344 (resized).jpg
20210110_181942 (resized).jpg
20210110_145336 (resized).jpg
tz WhiteYellow (resized).jpg
20180413_123055 (resized).jpg
62F76006-2AE3-4936-A59B-5B9AEFEED6C3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (2 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjruser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7198 1 year ago

Hi All,

I see quite a few different backboards and side blades, the pictures provided in this listing are not the best but it appears that there have been quite a few buyers.

Guess I'm looking for opinions on choices, please share any photos you might have.

ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

Warm Regards,
Mike

3 weeks later
#7256 1 year ago

Hi All,

Our TZ Translite is getting old and has a few blemishes, it's like 150 in dog years. I searched around and only could find a translite on ebay and a mirrored one. All the typical vendors seem to be out of stock.

ebay.com link » Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Translite

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/tz-backglass/

The mirrored one looks pretty cool, but I can't find anyone mentioning it in the TZ Owners thread. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two vendors or have another they would recommend?

Thanks!
Mike

#7258 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

CPR backglass

reznnate Which is the CPR Backglass? I haven't found that one.

Thank you for your reply!

#7262 1 year ago

rdoyle1978 and mjannusch thank you for your replies, I guess I'll hold off until I hear your thoughts with brighter LEDs. Please message me if you make the swap to brigher leds and like the mirrored one after that. It sure looks cool with the mirroring.

Cheers!
Mike

1 week later
#7270 1 year ago

Hello to those Lost in the Zone!

Going to upgrade to a ColorDMD, did you go with LED or LCD?

Thanks!
Mike

#7272 1 year ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I went with LCD on all of my pins. I like the pixel "smoothing" that goes along with LCD, as compared to LED. And the LCDs run cooler and use less power.
More a matter of preference I guess.

I didn't realize that the lcd used less power.

Thanks!
Mike

#7275 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies all. I appreciate it! We've had this TZ for 21 years and just started to mod it a bit and want to be sure to make the right choice!

All we've done so far is LED's and the gumball led kit with gumballs of course. Really want the TV w/sound on ebay, but pinsound/new speakers and the ColorDMD have to come first.

Cheers!
Mike

#7290 1 year ago

I was ready to buy Kahr daughterboard.

http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

But I reseated everything I could get my hands on including the ROMS and it's been good ever since. I'm slowly but surely replacing all the old Molex connectors as many of ours were pretty ugly.

#7298 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Just got TZ back in the house. Took me a while but glad to get one back. Missed it. I was thinking of putting the tv mod in. There is a few out there. What is the best one for the beat price? Is it hard to install?

We've had ours in and out of storage over the last 21 years, so I know how you feel.

I think this is the slickest and best TV mod out there. I've been eyeing it for quite some time, but the wife has a keen eye on our checkbook after most recent pinball purchase

ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Mod Tv With Video Playback New 2019 Version

He also has one with sound.

Cheers!
Mike

#7300 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Thanks Mike! That one does look really nice. I believe it is the same one that is in Pinside market. I went ahead a pulled the trigger. My wife is going to get me but it's going to be a really cool mod. Thanks again!

Did you opt for the one with sound or not?

Cheers!
Mike

#7302 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Yeah. I went all out.

Cool, have fun!

#7312 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Hey, can someone help me out. I read through this whole post and saw a post for a expansion board for all the added mods you add to the TZ. It separates them from your driver board. I didn't write down. Can someone redirect me to where to purchase one from.
Thanks

Not really an expansion board, but this was the one I had my eye on if you didn't want it drawing power from an already overloaded machine.

https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/game-on-power-supply

Cheers,
Mike

1 week later
#7359 1 year ago

Don't know if everyone follows every post by HEP, but for those that don't here is an amazing blacked out TZ.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/86#post-5128572

#7361 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:OMG.... .... ... That is the BEST TZ I've ever seen. The black hardware is just deadly.

Every HEP TZ is likely the best TZ we've ever seen. This one certainly stands out from the other's Chris has done that's for sure!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjruser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside