image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7311 4 years ago

Hey, can someone help me out. I read through this whole post and saw a post for a expansion board for all the added mods you add to the TZ. It separates them from your driver board. I didn't write down. Can someone redirect me to where to purchase one from.
Thanks

#7316 4 years ago

Yes, mypinballs expansion board is the one I am looking for. Appreciate everyone's help.

3 weeks later
#7373 4 years ago

Hello TZ owners. Thought I would share a mod I added to my TZ machine (modified more!). I purchased a rocket mod and was disappointed with it. That is it came with a single light for under the smoke trail. So I decided to mod it further. First off I wanted the smoke trail to be always lit like it was taking off. I then cut/removed the rocket and smoke trail apart from each other, drilled out the rocket exhaust so that I could install a red led in the inside of the rocket. This gives the rocket a continues red glow to the back end of the rocket ship and a glow to the smoke trail. Next I wanted to add a flasher to the underside of the smoke trail so that when the ball comes into the kick-out would give the illusion that it was taking off as the ball kicks out! This was done my grinding out the underside of the smoke trail with a dremel tool and modifying a pink flash bulb (I found pink was the best color) and gluing it (epoxy) on the underside (this was done after testing). I think the end results is impressive.

IMG_20170328_2341432531(1) (resized).jpgIMG_20170328_2341432531(1) (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#7411 4 years ago

I had a similar problem as my lower right flipper would work sometimes, but very weak. I found out the issue was the small opto board on the inside of the cabinet behind the flipper buttons. I first tried switching the two boards (left to right and right to left) to see if the problem moved. It did and caused other issues with the left and right flippers. I just replaced the boards as they are not too expensive and my problem went away. Hope this helps.

1 week later
#7466 4 years ago

I color match my inserts to the color of the inserts and have found cool white the best for yellow inserts and pink for orange. I agree orange and yellow just don't provide enough brightness. I also use frosted LEDs on the top of the playfield. This let's the LEDs not glare back at you so much during playing the game.

9 months later
#8801 3 years ago

Hello TZ owners. Want your input, I will be soon starting a complete restoration of a TZ machine. This machine will need a new playfield replacement and want to know where you would reccomend to purchase one from. I see searching that Microplayfields sells them, but are concerned of their reputation and quality. Some Pinsiders state to purchase from a distributor that will stand behind what they sell as Microplayfields are not. That is hopefully like Planetary Pinball as they also show it available.
Let me know your thoughts.
Mike

#8803 3 years ago

Thanks Coyote. Don't have one I can buy from you like I did with TAF?

1 month later
#8892 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I'm thinking of adding a TZ as the second pin in my collection (Stern JP Pro is my other).
What are the critical areas I should be inspecting when evaluating a machine? I know that the clock can be problematic, but what to look for exactly?
What would be the issues that make you run like the wind from buying?
I'm reasonably capable in diagnosing electrical issues, but I'm a newbie to pinball and have never bought a used machine, so I'm little nervous. When I bought my JP Pro, I was looking only at NIB because I was scared of maintenance issues. Since then, I found pinside and gained a lot of confidence and that if I do have problems, I can get advice in how to resolve.
Any advice or thoughts from those that own TZ would be appreciated. Thanks!

First off welcome to the world of collecting pinball machines! You will find out in a short order that one, two, three is never enough and will finely realize that you have been bitten by the bug.
I agree with Manny65 of all his suggestions on what to look for and at on a purchase. As far as mods I think the TZ is one of the most and if not the most modified machines you can add to. Be careful of what you do. Modify it, but not too much. I have over $2500 in just mods in mine, some personal that I have done and some purchased. Also be careful of how you LED the machine out and/or any machine. LED's are great, color matching under inserts and mostly white LED's on the playfield. I do some color, just to break it up to give the playfield I feel a good look, but not a rainbow effect.
TZ is a great machine to add to anyone's collection and has a deep rule set.
I am just in a full restoration on a friends TZ machine right now, brings back memories as when I did mine.
Good luck on your quest!......Mike

2 months later
#9096 3 years ago

Thought I would share that I am doing a full restoration on a TZ machine for a friend that he decided to have me install a set of RAD decals on it. Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but the decals were mostly easy to install and looks great! I have finished the cabinet and am going to start on the playfield restoration soon.

20201006_170332 (resized).jpg20201006_170332 (resized).jpg20201006_170342 (resized).jpg20201006_170342 (resized).jpg20201006_170348 (resized).jpg20201006_170348 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Felt like taking the whole thing apart today
It will get brand new leds, new silicone rubbers, new foam pads behind the targets, a spotlight or two, all plastics and metal parts will be cleaned, new balls, new coilsleeves and coilstops, cliffy protectors and the whole playfield will be cleaned.
Anyone got advice on making the game lighter in the back? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from yzfguy:

I have a white led strip tucked up in the back tied into the g.i.

I found that an LED strip was just too bright and washed out colors around the back. Tried separating small strips of LED's, but again too bright. Not sure if you want to do this, but I lowered the head and drilled 1/2"+ holes through the upper wood of the cabinet, just in front of the back of the playfield. I did just four holes and mounted lamp sockets tieing them to the GI circuit. Had to modify the lamp sockets to work this way. I felt this hid the lamps and was just enough light and looks great. Here is what it looks like.

20201007_164545 (resized).jpg20201007_164545 (resized).jpg
#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That looks nice. I don't think mine is overly bright, but it's not the full width. Maybe some electrical tape over parts of the strip would be easier and more temporary than drilling holes if it's too bright.

Quoted from PinballAir:

Comet sells a dimmer for the strips.

I did this about 12+ years ago and we didn't have that many options then. Again it's a personal choice, what do you like?

3 weeks later
#9961 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I recently added a lighted speaker kit to my machine but it seems I have to many mods hooked up on the board as I keep blowing fuses now. In addition to the speaker lights, I have a color display and the gumball dazzler kit all getting power from the same board, so I’m guessing it’s just pulling too much power. I removed the dazzler light kit off one of the outlets and everything seems to be working fine now. Does anyone know if I can pull power from somewhere else for the gumball lights or am I shit outta luck?
I’d rather have the speaker lights lit if I had to choose between the two but figured I’d at least throw it out there in case someone here has had a similar situation. Right now I have the color display linked to J116 and the speaker lights are on J 117.

To fix this problem in my CFTBL, TAF and TZ machines as I too had added many mods to these machines and had the same problem with fuses blowing. I added a Power Expander Board for WPC and WPC-95 Games from My Pinballs found here: https://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp They are a bit expensive, but worth it in the long run.
I also added a separate power source for this board so that it has no power connection to the main driver board. I added this so that the power source did turn on/off with you main on/off switch for the game. You can follow through what I did in the CFTBL thread found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5608713

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions....Mike

#9974 3 years ago

Just finished a full restoration on a TZ for a friend. It turned out amazing! Thought I would share.

20210302_123551 (resized).jpg20210302_123551 (resized).jpg20210302_123603 (resized).jpg20210302_123603 (resized).jpg20210302_123609 (resized).jpg20210302_123609 (resized).jpg20210302_123616 (resized).jpg20210302_123616 (resized).jpg20210302_123621 (resized).jpg20210302_123621 (resized).jpg20210302_123627 (resized).jpg20210302_123627 (resized).jpg
#9976 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Where did the side art come from?

It's the RAD decals from Micro. They look amazing!

#9994 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

Beautiful machine. Where did you get the black trim from? I need to replace all of mine, and want black. Did you send it out, and to whom?

I did power coating on all trim and coin door parts from a local power coating company called Oregon Power Coating https://www.orpowdercoating.com/
I talked to the manger and created part numbers and a price list for each part so that when I need something done I just email him a list with the part numbers and the quoted price and color/texture I want. I then just drive to there location and drop them off. Usually it takes them about a week or so to complete. Have been very happy with the process and quality when I get them back. I can email and/or post it here if you want to see the individual price break down.

#10017 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

Would love to see the pricing. At least give me an idea on what it might cost (or should). I'm sure I can find someone locally to do it.

Here is my price list from Oregon Power Coating:

Some of the coin door smaller parts are a bit expensive and you could just buy them new instead of plating.
Hope this helps....Mike

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 months later
#10304 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Quick question as I’m chasing down a few issues with my new TZ: the manual shows J124 is being used on the driver board. There is nothing hooked up to my J124 pins nor is there anything corresponding to that connector in my back box. Is this an error in the manual or is there something hiding in my back box somewhere??

Can you double-check J124 on the PowerDriverBoard as for some reason people like to plug it into J132 to see if that's where its at. Do this by checking with the manual matching the colors/wires on the plug as I had this same issue with a Demolition Man.

#10307 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Found it!! It was plugged into J131. Kudos to Mike, led me down the right path!

Glad you found the problem!

2 weeks later
#10349 2 years ago

Wow! Looks amazing. Well done as many Pinsiders would not have taken on the task.

1 month later
#10673 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just added a nice Twilight Zone to my small collection. Playfields, Ramps, and plastics are all perfect. I already ordered the CPR mirrored backglass and flipper fidelity speakers for some nice pop. Nice to have great Pat Lawlor games next to each other.
Only issue I have since bringing it home yesterday (didn’t happen when I looked at the game) is the left lower flipper sometimes doesn’t have the power to move the ball as it should. In switch test mode, it’s fine, all three other flippers work great. When I push on the flipper with the glass off, sometimes it struggles to move my hand. The other three flippers are all great.
Than at times it’s perfect.
Could this be a flipper opto board or flitronic board issue? Will have to check voltage, but if the upper left is fine, and the others are fine,wouldn’t that suggest it getting the proper volts? Will take out the fliptronic board out and check for cold solder joints. Maybe time to replace all the flipper boards??
When I talked to the seller, he said he had the same issue when he bought it. But after checking connections , all started working correctly. Hate intermittent issues. That’s why I’m leaning on cold solder joints?? Or am I wrong?
Thank you and glad to be in the club!!
[quoted image]

Had the similar issue with my TZ. One weak flipper. It turned out to be a dirty flipper opto board and a missed alignment of the flipper opto plastic that breaks the eye. Once this was corrected I had full flipper power again. Try this first as its just cleaning and alignment.

1 week later
#10828 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Anybody in the states (international shipping sucks right now) making/selling these mods nowadays?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The mini playfield lamp is available at Pinball Decals: https://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneLampPage.html. The slot machine I have seen on Ebay, but the quality is not the same and the slot wheels do not turn when the ball goes through. A few posts ago they discussed this. Hope this helps....Mike

2 weeks later
#10998 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Hello, i was wondering if anybody has used pop bumper LED rings on their TZ?
I think they would look great but amplify the need for LED_OCD GI, which im already thinking i will need anyways?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/pop-bumper-rings
Im planning out a full led swap (minus the flashers and blinkers in the backbox).
Comet sunlight frosted 2smd
LED-OCD GI and Inserts
pop bumper led rings
Am i missing anything here? We've got a first timer here

I love the look of the EVO bright lights from Pinball Life. I have done them on all of my machine's. Color match the pop bumper caps to the color I install. Also like the down light "cool blue" lighting the pop bumpers bases. I use this same LED'S color "cool blue" throughout my GI's in the machine's along with some color LED'S. Not too much color GI's, but enough in my opinion that looks good.
20210812_064843 (resized).jpg20210812_064843 (resized).jpg20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg20210812_065012 (resized).jpg20210812_065012 (resized).jpg20210812_065020 (resized).jpg20210812_065020 (resized).jpg20210812_065028 (resized).jpg20210812_065028 (resized).jpg20210812_065034 (resized).jpg20210812_065034 (resized).jpg20210812_065041 (resized).jpg20210812_065041 (resized).jpg

#11001 2 years ago

I also just recently picked up a William's IJ that had a GI-OCD in stalled. I don't like this added feature and removed it and would be willing to sell if someone is interested.

#11002 2 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

That is an awesome collection my friend!!! The caps look great.

Thank you! As all you know it's a labor of love and enjoyment you can share with family and friends.

#11003 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

YES!!! thank you for affirming i made the right decision!
Man that clear ramp looks so good too!
Who's side art blades are those, really nice!
[quoted image]

The side art blades comes from a guy on ebay judge-dreads-pinball. It is a complete set that matches the sides with the playfield back board. He sells alot of mods out on Ebay. I didn't see this pickular mod right now for sell, but look for him on other mods with this name and contact him directly. He will give you a discount if you buy multiple mods. His mods are greatly done and have many of them on my machine's other than the TZ.

#11006 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Curious what you didn't like about the GI-OCD board?
I love the one I put in my TZ... didn't realize all of the dimming and other effects I was missing after I went with LED lighting.

I didn't have it in my TZ. It came with on my William's IJ I recently purchased. I just don't want to add additional boards for something else to go wrong. Plus I own 7 90's Bally/Williams machines and that would be alot to add to each one. I have lived without this long and not sure the effect benefits the results (for me in general). As some of you have said it does, but like LED lighting and colors it's a personal choice, so I am happy without. Someone would have to convince me differently that's all. I would rather add up graded speakers and color DMDs.

#11008 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I hear you... it can definitely snowball! On my TZ it started with Invisiglass and then LEDs and then upgraded speakers and then GI-OCD and LED-OCD boards and then Color DMD (LED) and then Pinsound Plus and then mini playfield hidden switch brackets and then external subwoofer... I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of other mods and upgrades!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d492fd6f46c422eb74d43e5005db071075217542-1628819801-1800"};
//]]>

I now have Invisiglass or other non glare glass and external subwoofers on all my pins. Also LED alphanumeric display, Color DMD and LED's and some type of dimming control like the Gizmo board or OCD boards on compatible games, etc...

I hear you. I have over 2k in mods on mine. It's just where do you stop?

#11047 2 years ago

I wait until the ball hits the lower rubber bank(s) and then activate the coils. This way it throws the ball up towards the top. I usually (most of the time) defeat the power, but not always! Ha ha ha ha

#11056 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Pinsound + Motion Control Shaker, Anyone?
Just curious if any of you Pinsound users also have a Pinsound shaker installed. It sounds cool - programming the shaker yourself, choosing the cues and the style of response. I know that Stern programs shaker cues into their gamecodes. There are probably *many* lines of code devoted to them. I wasn't thinking I would buy a Pinsound board, but that customizable shaker does sound fun.
https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control-shaker

I just added Pinsound and a shaker to my William's Indiana Jones and updated the sound to one of their files. What a difference it is. Love it and really like how this makes the game even more fun to play.

1 month later
#11379 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m finding nothing. That IGT slot topper is the best I’ve seen and I can’t find one available any where.

The IGT TZ slot topper had been on my radar for over 10+ years. Bid on one off Ebay up to $1.5k and gave up. It sold for around 2k. Finely found one here on Pinside and purchased it for $950 shipped which I felt was a good deal. One of the best toppers you can find as it's very mesmerizing to watch even though it's not interactive with the machine.
I do have a 2nd one that I did buy off Ebay, but is missing the computer board for the light effects. Have been looking for a board too to complete it. Since I now have a completed working sign, may sell it off and let someone else chase after a board.

#11395 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Hakko is da shiiit
Have been using their products for decades and never looked back, money well spent in this hobby.

Quoted from PinballAir:

Yeah what he said.
I broke down and bought one last month.
Money WELL spent!

Okay, what model number would you recommend?
Always thought to buy one, but never pulled the trigger. I should though.

#11399 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I will do some research and pick one up.

#11419 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Anybody else using pinstadiums in the TZ? Thoughts?
I am in the planning phase and have been dragging my feet on led swap for gi and inserts due to the needing 2 LEDOCD boards to pull it off well. Ran across this post showing incandescent bulbs with the use of pinstadiums and it looks pretty nice.[quoted image]

I don't have pinstadiums in any of my 90's Bally/Williams machines or LEDOCD boards. I actually pulled out the LED OCD board out of my William's IJ that I got from a Pinsider. Just too much and more boards to make issues. To me and this is my opinion their just not needed (there a personal choice). The pinstadium makes the playfield too bright and are in the way when the playfield is lifted. All my GI's and inserts are the super brights and frosted dome style on the upper side of the playfield and are from Coin Taker. I have owned my machine's way before both of these options were available and are very happy without them. I have through added extra GI lighting in the playfield in areas to help brighten it up along with 4 GI bulbs that shine down along the playfield back board.
Again this is just my opinion. Take a look at what mine looks like and draw your own opinion.

20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg
#11421 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Your TZ looks great!
TZ does have a fair amount of GI manipulation, especially dimming, that you will lose out on if just running straight LEDs and not a GI-OCD board though. That's why I added one in my TZ, but your mileage may vary.

I have heard of this, but still very happy the way it works as of now.
Good luck on your choice. It is all about what an owner wants and/or does to their machines.

#11425 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Nice looking TZ - it looks like you might benefit from a sheet of invisiglass though? That's usually the very first "mod" I make to any machine I get.

Thank you! Yes, invisiglass would be an improvement. I'll see if I can pick one up at the next pinball show.

1 month later
#11469 2 years ago

I have purchased many mods from judge-dreads-pinball off EBay and have been very happy with the quality. Here is the mod you are looking for: ebay.com link: itm

If you contact him directly and purchase a few mods from him (he sells many) he will give you a discount compared what he sells them on EBay.

Good luck......Mike

4 months later
#12026 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Let’s see what I can do [quoted image]

Okay, watching.

#12027 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Let’s see what I can do [quoted image]

Funny, your comment made me think where have I heard this before and it came to me. My Zaccaria Farfalla pinball machine states all most the same statement when you first start a game. "Let see what you can do".

#12029 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Bought this for $3 on Ebay. Cut it down , drilled lamp holes ......... I'm happy ! [quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent, way to save some $.

3 weeks later
#12126 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Indeed, learned this after the fact. I have a remote batter holder on order, so I'll end up with batteries as well I think.
What I'm really having trouble tracking down is a reasonably priced gumball light kit. Pinbits seems gone for good (website not working) so that order likely isn't going to show.
Anyone have a spare kit or know somewhere that has these in stock?

I would recommend this one. Not as pricey and I have purchased many of his mods not only for the TZ, but many other machines.
ebay.com link: itm

1 month later
#12312 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

By chance, took delivery of 2 pins today, and after 50 years of dreaming of someday having a proper pinball lineup, that day has come!
Of course, my daughter is now calling out my TZ for looking a bit thin and naked up top compared to his cousins. Any recommendations for tasteful TZ toppers that folks can share, for purchase or DIY?
[quoted image]

You could get lucky (like me) and find a TZ topper that came off a IGT TZ slot machine. Very hard to find as I spent many years looking before I found mine. I do have a second one, but is missing the computer board that runs the light show that I would sell if interested.

20220416_075749 (resized).jpg20220416_075749 (resized).jpg20220416_075758 (resized).jpg20220416_075758 (resized).jpg
#12315 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is by far the best TZ topper. I tried to find one for about a year and I have a lot of gaming industry friends…some that even refurbish old machines…no dice, the thing is unobtainium at this time.
I’m surprised I one has made a true high end topper for this machine. The game simply calls out for one.

I looked for one probably 10+ years. Missed a few on Ebay due to how much they sold for. Said the next one I want it, so when one showed up for sale I put a $1,500 reserve on it. Thought I would win (they were selling at that time for around 1k), but got out bid and it sold for over 2k. Looking back now that's cheap compared to what we are seeing with toppers going for now. Crazy times.

2 months later
#12590 1 year ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Related to the Ingo board - anyone know what LEDs he used on the boards? One of mine if flaking out. I'd prefer to keep a non-rainbow color in mine, either incandescent-like or whiter....
TIA

I bought my Ingo board years ago. It came with I think LED's from a company called Noflix as they are square and have four legs on them. One at each corner. Hope this helps.

#12608 1 year ago

Not upstairs! No fun moving pins up/down stairs if you can, but if you must for more breeding room! Lol

1 month later
#12894 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

I picked these up used… i’ll have to dig to see what brand they were. Really like them… leds are color matched to pop color.[quoted image]

They are EVO Brite lights. I have them on all my machine's. Love to match the caps to the color of the LEDs and that they have cool white shining down to light up the pop bumper areas which is usually dark.
I purchase them at Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

20190825_122734 (resized).jpg20190825_122734 (resized).jpg20190923_135925 (resized).jpg20190923_135925 (resized).jpg20200414_112829 (resized).jpg20200414_112829 (resized).jpg20200710_113100 (resized).jpg20200710_113100 (resized).jpg20210511_163348 (resized).jpg20210511_163348 (resized).jpg20220411_165755 (resized).jpg20220411_165755 (resized).jpg
#12897 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I bought them for TZ, and ended up giving them away. If they had WARM whites shining down, then I'd be interested. For my game, the blue of the cool white was too jarring in the area.

Sorry, should have posted mine. I use cool white throughout all my machine's. Just the look I like. It's all a personal choice.

20210812_064843 (resized).jpg20210812_064843 (resized).jpg20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg
#12899 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

That looks great! So that’s the Brite mod evo? Red, yellow and orange caps with red, yellow and orange leds?
Thanks!
Richard

Yes, that is correct.

1 month later
#13119 1 year ago

Here is a TZ I did for a friend. I did remove the art work and repainted the cabinet before installing the Radcals. I always remove the old decals, it's just something I always do.

20200928_150909 (resized).jpg20200928_150909 (resized).jpg20200928_150920 (resized).jpg20200928_150920 (resized).jpg20201006_170332 (resized).jpg20201006_170332 (resized).jpg
#13122 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks amazing!
Great work!
Richard

Quoted from Pinkitten:

That looks fantastic! I’ve done 4-5 pins with Radcals, and removing the original art, or at least painting over it before applying the Radcals is a must. I put Radcals on my restored Fish Tales and decided to leave the original art alone. It shows through slightly, and because the art doesn’t quite line up, it has a subtle double image. TZ art is darker, so that might not happen, but it’s a good move. I love seeing fully restored pins. That TZ looks awesome!

Thank you both, appreciate it. Here are a few of it once it was finished.

20210302_123551 (resized).jpg20210302_123551 (resized).jpg20210302_123603 (resized).jpg20210302_123603 (resized).jpg20210302_123609 (resized).jpg20210302_123609 (resized).jpg20210302_123616 (resized).jpg20210302_123616 (resized).jpg
#13128 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mikespinball your TZ with RadCals and black armor, looks awesome!
Suggestion: IMHO change the chrome leg bolts to black, for the complete package.
Kerry

Thanks Kerry, I thought of changing the leg bolts to black, but kind of like them chrome as it brakes it up a bit.
Hey, if I remember correctly you bought a Champion Pub and a Junkyard from me a few years ago. Do you still have the machines? Kind of miss them.

#13129 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Wow! That restoration does look super nice... I don't even want to know how many hours it tool. One day I'd like to get my TZ restored to that level.

Well, looking back on it. I had about 140hr's on the restoration and $3800 in parts just to let you know.

2 weeks later
#13217 1 year ago

Well done! See, what you can do with your own creative talents.

1 month later
#13382 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

For those who have swapped out the bumper switches on the upper play field for the Great Lakes Modular switches, did you have to rivet the front two to plastic for installation?

Yes had to rivet the plastics back on, but was going to anyway due to I had a new plastic playfield set to install.

20210812_064843 (resized).jpg20210812_064843 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#13822 11 months ago
Quoted from FinnThelonious:

Those look fantastic, are those specific side blades still available? I'm torn between those and mirror blades.

Quoted from Norcalpin:

They are still available on Ebay. Judge Dredd is the seller, I believe. Be warned though, these don't have the scratch resistant layer over them, thus they are not the easiest to install. If you remove the playfield, I'm sure that would help a lot.

Correct Judge Dredd off Ebay is the seller. I bought mine from him many years ago. I also installed them when I was doing a full restoration and installed the back board first attached to a naked playfield so that I could align the sides up. I too like that it completes the sides and back all together.

20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg20210812_064854(0) (resized).jpg20220416_075749 (resized).jpg20220416_075749 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13856 11 months ago
Quoted from TZBen:

TZ clock LED needed.
What is the type of led the clock uses? I have the remade clock board from europe "Ingo?" (I don't think he makes them anymore) One of the four LED's has just failed.
thanks

I own his clock board too. Mine came with Noflix LEDs. They are a small square with a leg at each corner. I see that Pinball Center sells Noflix LEDs, but didn't see this style offered for sale on their web site other then in a flex.
I did find these at Comet Pinball. These also look correct. Could buy some and unsolder and try or contact them and see if they will sell the bulbs before soldering.
Either way good luck and please post what you find out as I too would like to know what worked.
Mike
https://www.cometpinball.com/search?q=ultimate+optix

5 months later
#14617 5 months ago

They were from a company/line called Noflex. I think they were in Germany which makes sense why he used them in his clock boards.
Not sure where to purchase them today as scanning the net they don’t come up. They appear to be maybe available from Pinball Center as they list some styles of Noflex LEDs.
Maybe someone else can shed more light on it.
Let us know as I too have his clock board in my TZ.

#14637 5 months ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Submitted for your approval is my new Twilight Zone Pinsound File that replaces the call outs with Rod Serling's own voice pulled from the TV show.
There are two versions, one with the original Golden earring song and one with Bernard Herrmanns music from the closing credits of Season one.
I made a quick and dirty video that I have put up on Youtube (see link listed below).  They are both now available on the Pinsound Community forum for download. I hope you like it.

I like what you have done with it. I have Pinsound in my IJ and CFTBL. Might consider doing it now for my TZ. Your new files are awesome! Thanks for taking the time to enhance this title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikespinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=mikespinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.