IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leesparts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was playing the other day and the far back left flasher suddenly became stuck on. I have incandescent flashers installed, so I immediately turned the game off. Does anyone know which connector on the board goes to that flasher? That's the first thing I want to check. I circled the one that's stuck on ...
(photo courtesy of HEP)

TZ.jpg 208 KB

Funny, I just had the same thing happen on mine. I tracked it down the the 8 driver PCB board A-16100 (Q15, Q7 Transistors). This flasher is Pin 4 on the J4 connector. Unplug to verify that light goes out. If the light stays on then you have a wiring issue. Ground the pin and it should come back on. New Rottendog board on the way ($40). Will probably take a stab at replacing the transistors in the old board too. Note: I haven't put the new board in to verify that it works properly (board coming tomorrow).

#301 9 years ago

Received and installed the new 8 driver PCB board today. Solved the problem with the stuck on upper Gumball Flasher. Kudos to K's Arcade for very quick shipment of the replacement board.

1 year later
#1303 8 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looking for suggestions on your favorite mods/protection for TZ. What did you do to your machine that you love?

Always recommend Cliffy's protectors. Also like Pinbits gumball light.

Of course I am a little partial to my Slot Machine Kickout Light. It is interactive so it is only lit when the slot machine is active and the install is super easy plug and play.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/twilightzone-slotmachine-light.html
TZSlotKickoutBlue.jpgTZSlotKickoutBlue.jpgTZSlotKickoutGreen.jpgTZSlotKickoutGreen.jpg

3 weeks later
#1350 8 years ago

New Load Gumball from LeesParts.com. Light up your right orbit with a red glow when load gumball machine is active. Looks great when used with PinBits Gumball Machine Light.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/twilightzone-loadgumball-light.html

TZLoadGumball300400.jpgTZLoadGumball300400.jpg

#1363 8 years ago

New Piano Hole Lights mod from LeesParts.com. Light up your Piano Hole with a yellow glow when it will score a door or a red glow when it will score Jackpot.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/twilightzone-pianohole-light.html

TZPianoYellow300400.jpgTZPianoYellow300400.jpg
TZPianoRed300400.jpgTZPianoRed300400.jpg

2 months later
#1586 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Any recommended toys? I know one can get carried away with this game, but I'd like to keep it to things that are functional and/or fill obvious voids.

Lee's Parts has three interactive mods available for TZ, you can check them out at http://www.leesparts.com Thank you!

2 months later
#1907 8 years ago

Mine does...was a German re-import so maybe was changed over when it came back.

IMG_3339_(resized).JPGIMG_3339_(resized).JPG

#1909 8 years ago

Not really sure, just what mine has and what I know about it. Re-import not a big deal IMO. You will see 230 volts on serial number sticker and power supply, also saw a bunch of German here and there inside. It also used to come up in German when the settings are reset. I am also seeing 3slot on the model line of the serial sticker so I would think that was the way it was built. Again not really sure if it means anything or matters. Condition rules!

1 month later
#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I had a buddy install the GLM mini pf switch kit. I installed the pf but was wondering if the 2 bars are supposed to be resting right on the mini pf like in the picture?

Yes, but the wires should be below the rails

3 months later
#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I literally today just read about the pop bumpers. Lawlor confirmed that the flyer was correct. Further research apparently also confirmed this from a secondary source.

Mine is set with Red Upper Left, Yellow Upper Right and Orange bottom.

However, a theory I have is that they could be tied in with the skill shot. When you hit the Red skill shot the red bumper is lit (upper left). Hitting the Orange skill shot lights the top two bumpers, and hitting the Yellow skill shot lights all three. Using this theory, red and orange should be at the top and yellow at the bottom.

I suppose it really does not matter all that much since as soon as you hit any of the bumpers the lit ones change.

4 weeks later
#2759 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I replaced the shooter spring and rubber tip thinking I was not getting a hard enough plunge.

It should actually have a very soft spring.

2 weeks later
#2831 7 years ago

The nice thing about the Pinbits mod is that it is interactive. During normal mode it lights the gumball machine white, then when Load gumball machine is active it changes to red. Not sure what it would look like without the gumballs but I would think the two colors would be nicer.

2 weeks later
#2897 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I am considering adding the gumball lamp kit.

I like the Pinbits gumball mod. It lights the machine white during normal operation and red when "load gumball" is active. Looks great.

1 week later
#2936 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Is there a simple way to move the yellow sign in order to let the right orbit more visible?

Simple method, remove the screw on the left side, then rotate sign. Have had mine this way for years.

IMG_4127 (resized).JPGIMG_4127 (resized).JPG
IMG_4129 (resized).JPGIMG_4129 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leesparts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=leesparts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.