IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3027 7 years ago

Im now in the TZ club! Picked one up yesterday and love it so far. Cabinet is beat up, but i'll deal with that at a later date- playfield and everything else is in great shape.

I have ordered the Flipper Fidelity Pinsound speaker kit, along with a PinSound board. Anyone running this that can chime in and let me know if its a huge different vs stock stuff? Hoping to be blown away by it.

#3029 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Make sure you get the downloads for PinSound. The Chris Granner DCS mix is all I ever use any more. There are 4 total on the PinSound community boards - one's called HorrorShow which is pretty cool but is kind of messy if you get a really hot game going. Lots of reverb, etc. The DCS mix sounds GREAT. I wish we could find a better source for the Tim Kitzrow "Rod Serling" samples, as those sound really bad. But otherwise the music (IMO) is way better than the Golden Earring tune looping.. over... and over... and over.. and over!
Did you get the Stereo cable with the PinSound board? Those mixes also sound better in stereo. the FF upgrade is great, although I don't personally have it on my TZ along with the PinSound board. I'm sure you'll be blown away! let us know!

Awesome!! I plan on using the Chris Granner DCS mix myself. I can't wait to try it out.. what an amazing pin TZ is.. been looking for a good one for over a year and finally found it.

#3031 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I totally agree - my TZ sat for a few months this year while I was working on other pins, and while I finally finished installing the 3rd magnet opto and the 4 door flashers (what a huge difference, by the way!). Can't get enough. Now I want to go back to working on the PinSound stuff so I can dial in the sound better. It's good but I still have the stock speakers so I am looking to upgrade soon...
Got Lost in the Zone for the first time last night since finishing the 3rd magnet opto, and little did I know that the 3 balls would line up on the Spiral and come crashing down at once! it was awesome!

The 3rd magnet mod looks awesome! Probably won't ever do it, but is looks killer.. should have been on all production games.

Having an issue- maybe it's common after a good cleaning and waxing as the game plays super fast after, but I'm getting a lot of rejects from the Lock shot next to the ramp. Keeps bouncing out and only makes the lock shot 1/10 times or so. Anyone know if this is a common issue or if there's a solution?

#3037 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I like games that have a multiball with one jackpot shot for a ton of points, rather than those that have a multiball with multiple jackpot shots. Feels less fulfilling, and less rewarding to have a jackpot that's that small and easy to get. When you've got balls flying all over the place and you hear "Jackpot" repeated four or five times in two seconds, it doesn't quite mean as much.
Not saying that those games aren't fun in their own right, just not as challenging in certain respects. Requalifying a single jackpot shot can be very tough on some games and makes the higher point award more worth it, to me anyway.

THIS.

Just played TZ then MMR back to back and it's a huge contrast as far as jackpots and their callouts go..

1 week later
#3063 7 years ago

Anyone know why the camera artwork on the TZ playfield, and obviously the camera mods that go with it are different than the camera thats actually on the episode of TZ? Kind of weird.

This is what the camera was on the show "A most unusual camera"

Seems strange they used some other drawing of a camera with 2 lenses vs the one on the show..

MV5BMjE1MjUyODY5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc2OTEyMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjE1MjUyODY5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc2OTEyMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg

#3072 7 years ago

Just installed the Pinsound board + Flipper Fidelity backbox speaker & sub upgrade w/ the 2.1 Stereo wiring harness. Loaded the Chris Granner remix sound file.. and wow... TZ sounds SO much better this way. I know its a pricey upgrade, but it transforms the machine.

#3075 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Post some videos!!!

Will do in the next week or two !

Quoted from AndHart120:

Try out the other mixes that are available too! It's fun to try them all out! I'm currently working on bumping up the volume in the Granner mix since it's so much quieter than the other mix files.

Good idea- because the startup sound is WAYYY too loud and the pots on the board need to be cranked to sound good. You can have multiple mixes on the same USB stick, right?

#3082 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Nice, have put this up on the pinsound forum? I wouldn't mind trying this mix out, sounds great

Agreed- I would love to try this out too!

I just loaded the Kitzrow mix and like it a lot- I think I will keep that as the default over the Chris Grennar one..

1 week later
#3089 7 years ago

Would you like to fix your lock shot to work 100% and never bounce out again?

See my thread here on how to fix it in less than 5 minutes:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-definitive-twilight-zone-lock-shot-fix-thread#post-3517189

2 months later
#3366 7 years ago

My freshly restored TZ with black powercoating, courtesy of Pat / BR80 here on Pinside. He's going to post the entire restore process on a different thread, long story short- it came out amazing!!! Love the black look.

IMG_4042 (resized).JPGIMG_4042 (resized).JPG

#3371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, that looks amazing! What sort of work was done on the legs and rails?
Also, what's the story with the carpet you have?

The rails, legs, coindoor, etc were all powdercoated in a high gloss. Also, the entire machine was disassembled, cabinet fully sanded and repaired, decaled, etc etc - basically better than NIB at this point. The machine itself was an export to Germany and is a true HUO example with very little wear on the PF itself.

The rug I bought from here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRPLMZS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It's UV activated when using a blacklight

#3372 7 years ago

Also, i'd like to point out in that pic TZ is sitting next to a Jim McCune cab and HEP playfield restored MB. It would be hard to tell the difference between the restores of them and Pat/BR80's restore of my TZ unless you really broke out the magnifying glass and critiqued every detail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.