IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgadzia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5593 6 years ago

i have a line on one of these twilight zones, what is a good price for machine in good working order with minimal wear? i couldnt find any on here or ebay?

#5602 6 years ago

i know this is not the most unbiased place to ask this question, but i am considering buying one more pin(i have run out of room) and i have a chance to pick up the twilight zone, i was also considering a monster mash or medieval madness, i see that the twilight zone is ranked 3 on the list here, but interestingly the price isnt as high as what you would see for a Monster or Medieval. What are your guys thoughts, i havent actually played any of these games. It is not exactly easy to go to an arcade and find these things anymore?

1 week later
#5668 6 years ago

Anyone have any Pinblade images for free?

#5669 6 years ago

my TZ is popping out 2 balls in the shooter lane, but not at the same time, it shoots out one then about 2 seconds later it is popping out another ball. I checked the shooter lane switch and it is detecting the first ball, but it for some reason is kicking out a second a few seconds later, any ideas?

#5671 6 years ago

the switches work fine on the switch test. here is a video of what it is doing, seems to happen on 2nd and 3rd balls, not first. How many balls are supposed to be in the trough?

#5674 6 years ago

i have tried 3 and four get the same result, if there is an extra ball it just loads it in the gumball machine

#5680 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Likey the kicker arm o eject the ball is sticking. Or, you have a bad switch, despite having 'tested' it earlier.
Do this:
Go into Gumball Test mode. Select 'Load 1 Gumball', hit Enter.
Watch the screen - you will have *4* trough switches. Only 1, 2, 3 should be lit.
When the ball is ejected into the autofire kicker, the #1 position wil; go dark for a moment, before #3 will go dark as #1 lights up, as the balls roll up to #1 and #2.

yes that was it 2nd ball in trough was activating two switches, just bent one back and all is well! Thanks. It is awesome to be able to ask people in the "know" for their help. Thanks again!

#5706 6 years ago

anybody have a line on cheaper gumballs, seems kind of high for some marbles....

http://pinballpro.net/shop/2174/

#5756 6 years ago

what are you guys doing with this battery. i am thinking of just cutting it and doing a remote battery box, i was reading about nvram but i am not keen on risking the board by doing a poor soldering job, or would you just replace this battery?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5760 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I second this. use Lithium.

why lithium do they need to be rechargeable?

#5778 6 years ago

ok having problems with the extra ball button not working. when i examined it, the push button is not hitting the switch, when i examine it further the white housing which holds the switch is not secure in the black housing of the button. see video, i cant tell if the white housing is just suppose to snap in, see video below, i am guessing something has broken on the white housing, so do i need to replace the whole button or just get the white housing?

#5780 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes.
It pushes in with a snap. May require a lot of force.

yes it took alot of force to snap it in, and then 5 minutes more to figure out how to take it out after realizing i hadnt put it through the cabinet!

thanks

#5782 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Hateful things, a really bad design. I've got the same problem with a Funhouse that I was installing LEDs on, so thanks for the video which shows the exact same problem & clarifying that it just needs an immense amount of force, far more than seems logical or safe.
Bizarrely the button on the Funhouse just pretty much fell out when pulled, no force was required at all, so I figured I was doing something wrong when it just wouldn't go back in with the same effort.
I guess it's best to remove the spade connectors before doing this?

i did mine with the connectors on. my button just fell out apparently for no reason, but after i put it back in the first time it was immensely difficult to push the metal tabs and pull it out, not sure how or why it just fell out?

3 months later
#6173 5 years ago

ok one of my bulbs burned out in my clock, so i decided to go ahead and convert the board to led ( i have some basic soldering skills) I desoldered the lamps and the D1-D4 diodes. I already have the LED's and figured i would need a 180 ohm resistor to replace the diodes to get down to 3.3 volts on the led. Is this correct? 6.8volts-3.3 volts/20 milliamps=180 ohms. Also does the polarity of the leds matter? since i am pulling 6.8volts AC?
based it on this page:

https://www.aaarpinball.com/TwilightZone/TwilightZone.htm

thanks

1 week later
#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

No one has an idea of which item number could it have Or do have better pics of a shopped game??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-need-help-with-part-placement

i think you are missing the impact bracket part number 01-11207 page 2-48 in the manual

however i did a quick search and couldnt find anyone selling a replacement. you may have to get the measurements and see if you can get a machinist to make you one....

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Part found! Thank you all!

just for the info where did you find it?

#6230 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

A friend had it among his bunch of spare parts now for the series "the endless story" I'm missing the motor assembly from the gumball machine and it seems to be sold out on most of the internet shops or better, the motor can be found but the cyrcle nylon part and the bracket are not..[quoted image][quoted image]

have a friend with a 3d printer? you could just print one of the nylon rings

#6231 5 years ago

bought a led set for my TZ off of ebay and when i stuck the flasher bulbs in the blinking backbox holders, the flashers dont blink. any suggestions besides putting back the original bulbs?

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

You have to put blinking LED in those lamp holder! Just have a look here https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=42049
Normal LED don't blink!
EDIT if you are talking about flashers I don't know how to help -_-' sorry..
Regarding the nylon circle, sadly I don't have a friend with 3D printer and neither a model/file on my PC of the part that he would have to print..

i have a printer and could print it out and send it to you but i dont have time to design it, you could do it on tinkercad which is pretty easy to use and free.

#6241 5 years ago

Where does this plugin I cant find a plug

20180831_173940 (resized).jpg20180831_173940 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6289 5 years ago

my buy in button is not lighting up. i changed the diode 1N004 and kept the polarity with the cathode end connected to the red/purple wire. when i stick an led in it the bulb barely lights up (i measure about 2 volts across the outlet) if i measure the voltage behind the diode it is measuring about 7 volts. any ideas? I resoldered the wires in case it was a bad solder joint but to no avail...

#6292 5 years ago

tried an original 555 bulb and does not work. used the light in the start button and it doesnt work in the buy in button slot. when i measure the voltage in the socket i am only getting abou 1.5 volts max. If i measure the voltage in front of the diode i get 7 volts. I used a 1n4004 diode is that the correct diode. not sure what else to check here? any help greatly appreciated!

#6301 5 years ago

ok i have checked the continuity to every connector with my multimeter in column 8 (except left spiral, it is not listed on the diagram and i cant figure out what lamp it is referring to) everything reads perfect continuity. i have also checked continuity to every lamp in that row and get perfect continuity. I am getting some current through the lamp (see attached video) but not enough to light the bulb. i switched the bulb with the start button light and it works fine on the start button. i bypassed the outlet and connected the bulb directly to the two wires and still get low current flow. i measure the voltage at around 1.5 volts in the outlet which is the same as the start button.
Uggh this is driving me crazy, every other light in the colum and the row works fine (except left spiral because i dont know where that it) any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJdaw9DeXVMBbuYA7

#6302 5 years ago

Ok i am a complete idiot. I was assuming the buy in button lit up during attract mode because i could see the led flickering during attract mode, instead of actually testing it by going into the light single lamp test mode. It works fine, my brain however does not. sorry for wasting your time.

1 month later
#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

My right ramp, crossover wireform, and diverter are energized when the power is on. I was doing a little maintenance and kept getting shocked when touching these metal parts. It's not a lot of current but still concerning. Only issue I have with the game right now is the sound. Sound volume keeps dropping off. Slapping the cab brings it back. I tried reseated the audio board connectors and press the chips in. That helped some. Not sure if that is related. Maybe I have a major ground issue? Never had a problem like this. Any ideas of what to check?

i started having issues with my fish tales sound going in and out. i pulled the sound board out and saw a blown capacitor. when i checked the other major capacitors on the board they all were bad, these boards are over 20 years old and the capacitors go bad. i replaced all my capacitors and now fish tales sound is rockin!! so your options if you are good with electronics is replace the capacitors yourself, send the board off for repair, or buy a new board (not cheap about 350)

#6509 5 years ago

ok keep getting missing ball in gumball machine error. i empty the gumball machine and reload it and credit dot goes away. start playing the game and it is mis-detecting the powerballs and the credit dot pops back up. So i am guessing the powerball detector switch is bad? which switch is that?

#6513 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for the feedback....I appreciate it....that being said I'm not sure how much work I'm willing to do The good news is mine already has upgraded speakers and sub, but in my opinion the sound still sucks.....sounds like the only real option is a pin sound board....

the other issue that is possible is if you still have the original sound board the capacitors have gone bad. these capacitors are responsible for "filtering" the sound signal. I checked the capacitors on my fish tales, and every single one of them was bad. when i replaced them, crystal clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgadzia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=jgadzia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.