image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#278 9 years ago

Hey what is the best way to open the gumball machines to put in your own gumballs? The ones I have won't fit and I am not sure how you go about cracking into it...

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I did that recently. I thought I'd break the thing, but I didn't.

No other way to get into it?

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

place the ball on the slot and use a socket driver to push them in. Careful not to bang your finger.

Will give that a shot thanks!

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

place the ball on the slot and use a socket driver to push them in. Careful not to bang your finger.

Thanks this worked PERFECTLY! Here is a picture for anyone else attempting to do it...and "Scollins" is correct it is easy to bang/pinch finger...
20140605_054516.jpg20140605_054516.jpg

Finished Mod...I used clear glass marbles from "Michaels" and a 6.3 GI LED Strip from COMET Pinball to light the Machines...less than $10 mod...Also (that one GI Bulb that is hard to reach behind the gumball machine in the middle of the Red plastic stack) I put in a color changing Bulb from COMET and angled it to point directly behind the gumball machine... it constantly blinks through a serious of colors behind the gumball machine...Can't tell by the picture but it came out AWESOME.
20140605_064725_LLS.jpg20140605_064725_LLS.jpg

3 years later
#5345 6 years ago

Hey TZ Club! I have shopped out a few TZ's now and most recently was doing one where I removed the mini play field. All of the underneath the playfield had been swapped out with LED's. When I was done servicing the mini play field, I put it back in only to discover that two of the LED lights did not have a good connection and now were not lighting up. I am sure some of you have run into this before. It is a real pain to take the playfield on and off and adjust the LEDS so they are just right in the socket to connect and especially using flexible LED's having them aligned correctly over the insert. I have done this multiple times where i would install the mini play field and at some point the led bulb gets bumped losing either connection or alignment. There just is no easy way to fix them without taking the mini play field out again and adjusting them HOPING that they won't get loose putting the playfield back in. Some of you that are smarter than me, might have already done this solution, but if you have run into the same thing I hope this can help you out.

I removed the mini play field and then raised the play field and plugged back in the mini play fields 4 or 5 connectors. I then turn on the machine and go into test mode and have all lamps and flashers going so that I can make sure they all have a solid connection and are aligned the way I like. Then I simply hot glue all around where the socket meets the bulb. This won't effect the electricity and can easily be removed but will hold everything firmly in place for when you put it back in. Here are a couple of pictures of the bulbs with the Hot Glue in. Keeps everything snug so it does not get loose when putting the mini playfield back in. You can even plug your glue gun into the service outlet like you do your sauntering iron. I hope this helps save people time and effort. Don't be DUMMY like me!
20180204_163001 (resized).jpg20180204_163001 (resized).jpg
20180204_163026 (resized).jpg20180204_163026 (resized).jpg
20180204_163001L (resized).jpg20180204_163001L (resized).jpg

#5359 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Finally put these side and back wall art blades in, and was able to do it without pulling the playfield out!

Awesome where did you get that side art looks amazing! How did you put them in without taking the playfield out, is there a trick to it?

#5360 6 years ago

BTW EVERYONE COYOTE is the local expert on TZ. He has owned a sample game for many years and has dedicated his adult life to know everything about this machine. If you need any info such as secrets, bookkeeping wisdom, troubleshooting, history, easter eggs, etc this guy knows it all! Hit him up with any questions you will be amazed at the knowledge he has!!!!!

#5364 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd probably clean those filthy inserts while you're down there.

How dare you talk about my inserts that way

#5370 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The colors of your decals should match the PF colors... They're way off...

I think his decals look fantastic and I liked how they matched the colors of the machine especially the skill shot. I have installed other TZ side blades and these look better than the ones I found.

#5386 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Some pics with more lighting

Thanks for sharing these I think they look amazing and I love how they match what is going on with the playfield. The slight difference in color I do not think takes anything away from the presentation. The decals I have only matched the theme not really the game and playfield so I like these alot!!!!!!!! Again great job I think a lot of people will be checking out these decals now!

#5408 6 years ago

If there are any TZ buyers out there I just posted one on the Market...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60121

#5428 6 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Thanks for the info.
Has anyone gone with Titan's dark blue or clear on their TZ? I am considering changing it up from traditional white however what concerns me is seeing the rings turn white in some pictures when they are stretched around the posts. Not sure if that can be avoided or if the person installing them stretched them too much. I seen pinball life has translucent rings however they don't seem to carry 7/16" ID for some reason.

I have done them in purple and blue. I think the purple comes out the best as it matches perfectly the purple color on the plastics. Here is a link to the machine I just did in blue with lots of pictures to take a look at how it comes out. If you get the right sizes then you don't deal with them turning white on the edges.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60121

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=jesterfunhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.