IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 10 years ago

I just redid the LEDs in mine yesterday. I always found the game to be very dark and difficult to play in low light. I added a couple spotlights, and tweaked the LEDs around the flippers. I'm very happy with the results. It can now be comfortably played in total darkness.

TZ #1.JPGTZ #1.JPG TZ #2.JPGTZ #2.JPG TZ #3.JPGTZ #3.JPG TZ #4.JPGTZ #4.JPG TZ #5.JPGTZ #5.JPG TZ #6.JPGTZ #6.JPG
#86 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, this thread rocks!!!....thanks JoJoBear.....had my pop bumpers backwards...a free upgrade!!!

A lot of people have them wrong. They were wrong on my game when I got it. The key is that when you hit the red skill shot, the red pop bumper should light. When you hit the orange skill shot, both the red and orange should light.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

....now you must add lighted star posts to the miniplayfield , you must.....

Those look great! I actually have a new mini playfield that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. My original one has some planking. I'm definitely gonna install star post lights when I swap it out.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Could others chime in with what they think the game is worth?

That's a darn nice example you have there. I'd say it would be somewhere in the $6,000-$6,500 range. Possibly more if you get the right buyer.

#122 10 years ago

What is the best way to get rid of ball marks on the magnet cores? Can I sand them?

1 week later
#176 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

anyone seen or have one of these?

Coasterguy had that crazy wireform on his. I think he got it from those guys in Germany, but I'm pretty sure they're not available anymore ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-for-sale

2 months later
#220 10 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Can somebody post a link to the grease that quiets the clock? ...thanks

I recently had my clock apart and used a few drops of this stuff. Worked like a charm.

Labelle 102.jpgLabelle 102.jpg

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from MTC4U:

I'm almost positive that I have an early production machine. for I have the obvious markers such as a green lock insert, white clock and the rubber post between the Town Square jetbumpers. But.... I also have two flashers installed underneath the Gum and Ball inserts underneath The Door and also one flasher between the purple plastic right next to the Town Square jetbumpers.

The door flashers are a mod that someone added to your game. Pinbits sells a kit for this. I believe the only games that came with those flashers installed from the factory were the prototypes. Yours is a sample, and not even a particularly early one. For example, My TZ was built on 3/24/93. It doesn't say "FLIP HERE" on the mini playfield like yours does.

3 months later
#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Does anybody have information about the production run dates? What is considered early production, late production, etc...? Things I should be looking for?

This article from a couple years ago has a ton of information on the subject ...

http://gameroomblog.com/guides/twilight-zone-pinball-prototype-vs-production

1 month later
#298 9 years ago

I was playing the other day and the far back left flasher suddenly became stuck on. I have incandescent flashers installed, so I immediately turned the game off. Does anyone know which connector on the board goes to that flasher? That's the first thing I want to check. I circled the one that's stuck on ...

(photo courtesy of HEP)

TZ.jpgTZ.jpg
1 week later
#307 9 years ago

That game looks barely played. Great find!

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I'd like to point out one thing about the "upgraded" replacement slot machine scoops. They are wider than the originals, at least, for my early production game. I have had nothing but trouble with my replacement scoop giving me inconsistent ball delivery compared to the old scoop. Right now it is about 1 of 20 balls SDTM, with the rest hitting the right flipper anywhere from the center to the tip.

I'm actually getting rid of that scoop and going back to a NOS original style ...

FWIW, I have an early sample game, and I recently replaced the original scoop with one of Kerry's upgraded scoops. The new scoop fits great, and it delivers the ball perfectly to the right flipper every time. The only modification I had to make was to saw off a little of the target support arm. It was extending a bit too far on my game.

#322 9 years ago

That's not all that early. Mine was built more than two months before yours ...

TZ sticker.jpgTZ sticker.jpg TZ lock insert.jpgTZ lock insert.jpg
1 week later
#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I am glad that Mantis scoops are available for people who need them. But if you can get your old scoop repaired that is certainly the way to go.

The main reason I went with the Mantis scoop instead of re-welding my original is because the front left of the scoop had gotten pounded by the ball over the years, and it looked like crap. If it was just the weld points, I probably would have gotten it repaired.

2 weeks later
#377 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok so I wanna put a white face clock in whats the best one? Id also like a new color one or be able to reuse my original but don't you have to scrap it off and use the plastic ? Let me know my options please.

Jeff at Classic Arcades recently introduced some new clock faces with the art directly printed on them. I haven't seen them in person yet, but it's a very cool idea:

ebay.com link: Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine BRAND NEW PETG 3 Piece CLOCK Plates

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

What are the points specific to the TZ to look for before I buy?

Quoted from bigd1979:

Just the usual stuff you look for when buying a pin . Make sure the clock goes to 12 when u start a game and gumball machine functions properly. Make sure all the magnets work.

This is good advice. On top of this, you should closely examine the slot machine scoop to see if it is dented, or if any of the welds are broken. The target next to it often gets bent back. This causes the side of the scoop to be exposed and take a real pounding. Also, you should perform a clock test and make sure that all four optos are registering every time the interrupter on the minute hand passes through them. Lastly, make sure the bridge diverter is working properly. It has a tendency to get jammed on some machines. It should rest on the wireform, swing fully back when it dumps the ball, and then return back to its original position every time.

2 weeks later
#393 9 years ago

Hey Rock,

How was Despicable Me?

#403 9 years ago

I like to have the powerball in play during regular multiball, because it will award you a double jackpot if you score it with the powerball.

2 years later
#2959 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

TZ as a first machine??? Good luck, pal!

TZ was my first game as well. Talk about diving in with both feet!

#2985 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'll have to take a picture; they're not mounting holes, and I'm not actually sure if they're clear through. They sort of look like they were stamped in there.. Pretty weird, and there's WAY too many of them for it to have been an accident

It sounds like you probably have one of Tom's custom startfield backboards ...

http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id25.html

11 months later
#4864 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Having a problem with the ball toss that happens when you it up the right ramp. The ball flies into the metal cup and instead of dropping it directly down on the PF so the ball falls in front of the top flipper, the cup tosses the ball off to the right of the PF -- nowhere near the top flipper. Happens about 50% of the time. Is this normal?

This is a common problem. The fix is to stick a magnet on the back of the diverter. The magnet will help to keep the ball properly situated in the diverter as it flips ...

TZ Magnet (resized).jpgTZ Magnet (resized).jpg

#4898 6 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Another question, are those plastics used somewhere ?

That small upper middle one goes over the shooter lane. See this photo ...

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album366/16_G?full=1

1 month later
#5029 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Joined the club with my TZ freshly restored ...

Beautiful restoration! The thing looks better than new!

10 months later
#6541 5 years ago

I'm in the camp that rules should be on the game even in a home environment. I often have guests over that aren't pinheads but enjoy playing. For them, it's handy to have something to quickly refer to that tells them what to shoot for.

3 years later
#12346 1 year ago

If you are running the home ROM, is there any way to turn it off free play? I am having an open house on Saturday and I want to leave the games on for ambiance, but I don't want anybody to be able to start a game. I can obviously unhook the start switch, but I was hoping for a more elegant solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 132.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.