TZ2 (resized).jpg
TZ1 (resized).jpg
Robs TZ (resized).jpg
top (resized).jpg
2C9568E3-D69D-4481-8553-814EFFBFD111 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (3 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (1 year ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10633 3 months ago

Hi Jason_Jehosaphat,

I had a problem with the magnets which stopped working on my TZ mini-playfield several years ago. The issue ended up being my U-20 chip (ULN2803) was fried. See the URL below for the troubleshooting involved and a final resolution. Post #4 in this thread contains a URL which details the troubleshooting involved and eventual resolution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tz-problem-with-all-switches-on-column-4

Gord

1 week later
#10698 3 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Can’t seem to find a listing anywhere on the web, does anyone know if the slot machine mod with moving reels is available? The Mod Couple said they won’t be making any more any time soon.
Thank you,

This one is in the UK on Ebay, but it looks nice.

ebay.com link: itm

I purchased a similar looking TZ slot machine mod from Tracy Mitchell (Tracy Toys) in the US back in November of 2007 for $150 which is shown in the photos below and is still going strong. The Tracy Toys TZ slot machine mod shown in my photos is made out of metal whereas the UK version of the TZ slot machine mod that is currently on Ebay is resin cast 3D printed.

Gord

P1000795 (resized).JPG
P1000796 (resized).JPG
P1000797 (resized).JPG
P1000798 (resized).JPG

#10734 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Continuity between pin and pad in all three cases.

I had a similar problem with the K-I-S-S lamp board on my CFTBL. When I tested continuity from the header pins to the lamp pads my DMM would buzz and register continuity. However, intermittently during gameplay one of the <S> letters would stop lighting up and then stay dark until I would jiggle the connector.

Assuming a cold solder joint, I reflowed solder to the offending <S> header pin and it has worked perfectly ever since which has been a couple of years now. I am not saying that this is the same issue in your case, but it is something to consider.

Gord

#10749 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://mantispinball.com/product/twilight-zone-slot-machine-scoop/ it has a tab protruding from the side to stop the target.
LTG : )

I had the same issue and purchased the slot machine scoop with the tab on the side from Mantis Amusements back in March of 2008 and have had absolutely no problems since. This also stops airballs from the slot machine standup target.

Gord

#10780 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Rocket Kicker Warning?
My Rocket kicker will fire the instant the switch is closed.
I've noticed on other TZs there is a pause, then a strobe warning, and *then* the kicker fires.
My game ROM is REV-L2 I believe.
Do I need L5 instead?

The two links below show the ROM revision history for TZ.

http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tz_romrev.txt
http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tz94h.php

Review these documents and pick which ROM best suits your needs. I have been running game rom U6 L9.4H since 2007 on my TZ and it works great.

Gord

1 month later
#11165 48 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

They're not opening unreliably in test because your MINUTE hand isn't interrupting the minute optos properly.

I do not see where you are having an issue understanding this, honestly, I'm kind of confused.. But -
Just because the minute hand (not HANDS - one hand, the minute hand) sweeps 'through' the opto does not mean that the interrupter is BLOCKING the beam. If you look closely at your minute hand, you will see a small piece of it extends back, towards the optos.
The shaft that the minute hand mounted on, when it starts to wear, the shaft will start to slip forward. (You can test front-rear movement in this shaft by putting one finger on the back of the clock in the center, where the minute shaft is exposed, and the front of your minute hand, and slide it forward and backward.) Once the minute shaft - and therefore, the minute hand with that interrupter - moves far enough forward, when the motor is spinning the minute hand, it is more than possible that the interrupter - despite ppassing through the opto - is not blocking enough of the opto's beam to close the switch signal, so therefore the game "dosen't see" the minute hand pass through that opto.
If this happens in game startup (power-on, exiting test mode), the clock will me marked bad and never used. If it happens in game, the clock will reset to 12:00 and be attempted to be used the next mode.
You can also test the 'slop' by, while in Clock Test mode, GENTLY holding your finger against the front of the minute hand, thereby removing that 'slop'.

I had this problem with the interrupter on the minute hand not always blocking the opto beam on my TZ about 13 years ago. I took a small piece of black electrical tape and stuck it on the interrupter of the minute hand to extend the interrupter 1/4 of an inch or so and pressed the electrical tape together to flatten it a bit.

That was over 13 years ago and I have not had a problem with the clock since then and it functions perfectly. Below is the link to my original posting for this issue on the RGP newsgroup.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/OEPlD-yjm3w/m/--tvt02gZ1oJ

Gord

3 weeks later
#11276 21 days ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Twilight zone blacked out with rainbows end prismatic metallic. Looks mostly black with flake indoors but shows it’s rainbow effect when it catches the light.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks great. Good choice of powder coat colors.

Gord

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside