IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider giulio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7137 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Maybe try using 9.4H instead and your problems might go away?
If I recall correctly "Camera + Extra Ball" is a setting that adjusts itself based on how well players have been playing the game? I seem to recall the lock shot being Camera only when I first started playing, but changed to Camera + Extra Ball when the game realised how bad I was at the game
In other news...
On my TZ I installed some yellow plastic protectors for the outlanes, slingshots, rocket and slot machine that were made by a guy in the UK (very cost effective compared to most places). Very happy with how it came out..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
His name is colywobbles if anyone is interested in getting some I don't benefit in any way from the recommendation, just thought I'd pass it along.

Hey, nice protectors ! Love them. Will try to buy them, thanks.

2 weeks later
#7210 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The power expander board mentioned here is one of my designs.
It uses a separate 12v power supply to off load the current draw from mods away from the ageing wpc driver board. Stopping most game resets in their tracks. The board itself has 8 outputs using the std wpc 12v and 5v pinout layout, fuse protection, small footprint, power leds
Available here :
https://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp
2 options std 12v only or 12v and 5v if your an older color dmd product.
Fused at 4A though the max current draw possible (from the psu) is 5A before safety cutout.
Sold many to happy pinball people

Hi Jim, I’m one of the happy customers. Guys, this board is absolutely well designed and a must to off load draw from power board. I bought it the 12v/5v. Totally happy with that.

1 month later
#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

TZ's firmware never gave the Interlock Warning message. You're fine.

Really? Wow ... I thought I had the same issue, so no interlock message by default, me too I did not know this was a TZ feature by design.

1 month later
#7408 4 years ago

Hello there, as pinside members give community infinite wisdom and knowledge, I do post a problem that happened to my TZ recently, hoping someone could give me suggestions.
My TZ, 100% working, started to have a lower right flipper problem.
That flipper, and not the upper right one, does not stay up when I push the flipper button. It makes a fast slap back to rest position, after a second brief try to stay up. The upper one stays firmly up.
I briefly checked fliptronic board on the backbox, and no fuses gone, I reseated connectors. Then I checked flipper mechanism and everything seem visually fine, no broken pieces and the coil seems fine, coil sleeve is fine and flipper mechanism under the playfield moves smoothly. When I push and keep pushed the button the coil fires up and then comes back, does not stay on. Then I decided to clean the flipper opto board switch. I cleaned well the opto and reassembled. Same problem. Any suggestions? A friend told me to "tune" the flipper opto board switch, is it possible? But if the flipper opto switch board would be the problem, why the upper right flipper works fine? Do I have to measure voltage somewhere or check something else? Many thanks.

#7410 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Does it fire with full power when it goes up, or only slowly?

Hello, it fires with full power, I can play with no issues except I does not stay up but drops in rest position.
Thanks

#7414 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Your flipper HOLD winding is broken. Either the winding itself, or the Hold wire leading to the coil. Check it out, compare it against the manual. If everything LOOKS good, then the break is IN the coil, and you'll need another coil (unlikely, but possible).

Ok, fine so I'll do a fast test with opto boards exchanging them and check manual about hold wire to the coil, looking for differences, is there a way to clearly identify hold wire to the coil in TZ (noob question I know)? Thanks_

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The wire in the game wiring will be listed in the manual. (At work now, can't pull manual up to check!) While looking at the coil spool, it will be the lug with ONE thinner leads to it, not the single thicker lead or dual (thin & thick) leads.

Thanks! I briefly looked this morning and in fact I see a thin wire loose from one side of the coil and not being attached/soldered anywhere, just hanging there. I'll check with diagram where it must be connected and I'ill try.

#7440 4 years ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Thanks! I briefly looked this morning and in fact I see a thin wire loose from one side of the coil and not being attached/soldered anywhere, just hanging there. I'll check with diagram where it must be connected and I'ill try.

Many kudos to Coyote. Finally I had time to fix and indeed it was the coil hold wire that was desoldered and hangin’ there. Flipper now holds up strong and firmly again. And I see why, the coil was mounted the wrong way so the terminals are on the coil stop side and more prone to break. I’ll fix this too. Many thanks again, this is what I call pinside wisdom.

3 weeks later
#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Is it just me or do others feel my pain? Lifting the playfield on my TZ is challenging. It’s doable but takes some effort. I think it is just because it is a wide body and there is so much stuff mounted on the playfield. The playfield also likes to bind along the sides on the way up and down. For that reason I would never consider using art blades on this title. I always cringe when I use the playfield prop stick. Seems like it is being stressed to the limit. It is very rare that i can get the playfield to locked into place on the first try.

I confirm this, for me, personally, it's really a pain too.
I got side art decals and it's really an effort to pull up the playfield straight without scratching them. I got to take extreme care each time, and got to try few times before playfield locks or I can pull it straight.
My prop stick also looks like being stressed to the limit and so I use another two I did made by myself, to keep playfield steady when lifted.

2 months later
#7787 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

These get my vote. They extend the playfields design and colors up the sides of the cab.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/22#post-2599223

These one are great I agree, they really make the playfield 3d and deeper. I did customize them with other parts to increase the effect and it's really cool, from the player's perspective you really see the playfield like it's extended.
I love the others too.

MyTZ3d (resized).jpgMyTZ3d (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7862 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I agree! It was a selling point for me. I bought from Comet pinball

Hi there, how did you connect these lighted post under the miniplayfield ? Super beatiful! Congratulations!

2 weeks later
#8031 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Question regarding Color DMD: Does anyone have video of the LCD animations with "smoothing" turned on? I've seen a few CDMDs in the wild (and on the web site) but they always seem to just be dots. I did a search here, in the DMD thread, and in the "wild" but have not yet found anything.
Thanks.

Me too I am interested as never saw a vid about TZ Colord DMD with smoothing on, very interested in upgrading to color dmd...

8 months later
#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from Piso:

Hi from Italy. I finally found a good TZ to be restored. Completely original, all matching serial numbers. Has been unplayed for 15 years. Glad to be now in this club. Will be completely restoring the best I can. Really happy. Now I need to check all 182 pages of this thread
[quoted image]

Buona fortuna e benvenuto, compagno di Twilight Zone
Good luck and welcome, italian Twilight Zone mate

3 months later
#9629 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Yes. We decided to add pins as an amenity this year
[quoted image]

Amenity? LOL I think you decided to add all the other stuff as amenity as pins were the thing . Nice place! I would spend quite a few hours drinking, eating and getting mad at nice pins.

1 month later
#10029 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You could totally make a version of them yourself if you can’t find any in stock

I did them by myself after I destroyed my art blades (and bought new ones...), it's so easy, you can do it also with thin cardboard (custom cut and fold) and fix them on sides with paper masking tape and you are ok, they are enough to protect when you *carefully and slowly* lift playfield. By the way, TZ playfield is really heavy and difficult to lift keeping it perfectly aligned..

#10077 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If it were affordable I'd imagine a ton of us would switch to gain that feature, even if our boards are fully working. I'd switch it out for sure. Very cool to not have to solder or run wires to anything!

I'm in! This board would be a must for TZ fans.

8 months later
#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Novus 3 works well.

Confirm, used Novus 3 and pvc pipe to hold the ball and was like new (+ approx 10 mins elbow grease)

1 month later
#11694 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nice work - well done!!

Love it. Looks factory made! Very nice.

7 months later
#12770 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

What do you guys think of my flying rocket and clock housing mods?

I say Double Wow !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 22.50
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider giulio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=giulio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.