IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider german-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Note that he ahs the boards on backorder - won't be ready until first week in March.

I have 500 pcbs here again.

I wanna make a special offer for all pinsiders.

The next 20 orders I will sell the board for only 99,00 USD (regular 130,00 USD) including sets of warm-white, cold white and blue Superfluxx-LEDs. So you can spare 43,00 USD to the regular price. Shipping to outside Europe is 8,00 USD instead of 17,00 USD.
The rainbows-LEDs are 14,00 USD.

If you are interested, simply send me a PM.

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I couldnt pass up the deal he has on them right now. Hope it arrives soon so I can clear my credit dot!

Only 7 left of that special deal ...

1 month later
#938 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Removing the clock and replacing the board is really very simple, I can do it in 2 minutes now.
1. Remove the plastic around the clock (if you have a piano, undo the screw holding it on first)
2. Unhook the motor power connector that's under the playfield and feed up through the Pf.
3. Undo the 2 screws holding the clock bracket
4. Lift clock and pull off two connectors. Clock will now be free.
5. Remove plastic face
6. Remove ear clip that holds hands on
7. Pull off hands, noting orientation (watch the pin underneath minute hand so you don't lose it.)
8. Undo 4 screws holding bracket in back and pull the motor and gears back (it's all one piece.)
9. Pull out board and replace it making sure you put it in oriented the right way.
10. Clean and lube the gears while you are there.
11. Button it all back up.
I'm going from memory as it's been a few months since I've done it, but It should not intimidate anyone as its about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being changing a bulb.
Others can chime in with tips or if I've missed something. I was in the same boat with mine not too long ago so hope this helps out.

Thanks Robert!!!

Here is a link to a PDF installation-guide (newest version november 2014):
http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/get_file.php?id=28051417&vnr=108585

4 weeks later
#999 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm also trying to contact Ingo.... did anyone hear from him lately?

Please read your PM my friend ....

#1001 8 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

I haven't got a reply yet also. Ingo, could you please also check my mail / PM? Thanks.

Sorry, will do tomorrow morning ... promised!!!!

4 months later
#1442 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks pinballnut3... yes.. Ingo was super nice & funny also.

Haha, I am still seeking tirelessly after, what we talked about, but still no success

Here is the installation guide for your board:
http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/tz-clock-instruction-english.html

Here you can download a pdf (most actual version);
http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/get_file.php?id=28051417&vnr=108585

5 months later
#2095 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I'm installing Ingo's clock board & the directions say when the optos are inserted all the way that they are at the correct height but when I go to push them in they seem to stop but there is wire still exposed. Is this correct? Thank you

I have sent you an e-mail.

YES, the optos are installed correct - all notched edges must show outside.

Check your Molex-connector coming from under the playfield and going to the right connector of my board. Often people have there a connector problem, that has nothing to do with my board.

We will get your board running ...

#2102 7 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

And check for burned pins/connectors on the power board (J120/J121)

This is part of the e-mail, I have sent Barry today:

"...Hi Barry,

the fault is not on my board, because neither on the old board, nor my board the optos work, same as the GI-LEDs.

You somewhere have a conneector problem or a wiring problem under the playfield or a burnt GI-fuse.

So first we should get the four great GI-LEDs running.

Please post fotos of your power driver board (PDB) connectors J115, J120 + J121. The GI for the clock-LEDs are at connectors J120-9 (white-yellow) and J121-3 (yellow).

BUT first check Fuse F108 (this one is responsible for the GI-string 3) on your power driver board.

Would also be a good idea, to check the other GI-Fuses F106, 107, 109 + 110.

Please report, if the fuse F108 is OK.

You should also follow the yellow and white-yellow wires from the right connector at the clock backwards to the PDB and look, if there is a connector under the playfield somewhere, that has a bad connection.

When we have the 4 big LEDs working, we will go to the optos, OK?

- Ingo ..."

First we should solve the GI-Problem, then we will see, where the fault is in the wiring for the optos.

#2105 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Whaddayaknow--it actually was "just a fuse"...

And Barry confirmed, that it was fuse F108 on the PDB .... What did we all learn, when the clock GI does not work? First check F108

5 months later
#2860 7 years ago

Ingo junior TZ-Clock-Board (resized).JPGIngo junior TZ-Clock-Board (resized).JPG

This is my 6 year old son Ingo junior.

Today he soldered his first TZ-clock-board under my assistance. He did a very very good job, all solder joints are perfect.
The board is tested and runs perfect. Same quality as when I had soldered it by myself. PCB is brandnew and has silkscreen October/2016.

As he is dreaming of a new game for his WiiU, he wants to sell the board here in my favorite club.

Ingo is thinking about a price of 95,00 USD. For this price Ingo will add sets of warm-white, cold-white, blue and rainbow color changing LEDs + free shipping worldwide. You save about 50,00 USD to the regular price.

First come first serve.

#2863 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

What was replaced? All optos? Anything else? How did you test it?

I am the designer and manufacturer of this board. The board is brandnew with all new parts etc. ....

For more information please look here
http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

or search on pinside for Ingo clock board

I test every board on my tester before shipping, see the tester in action here:

#2866 7 years ago
Quoted from AGB885:

I'll take it if it's still available?

It´s yours. I´ll send you a PM.

#2877 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Is there something else besides the clock board that can cause the "clock broken" error upon boot?

Did you check the connectors for a loose wire??

Connectors (resized).jpgConnectors (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2916 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hi All,
I thought I saw, on this thread somewhere, a post about someone who replaced the LED bulbs on the Rottendog clock board. But now I cannot find this post.
I have the RD clock board installed (its working good), but I am rebuilding the clock and would like to brighten up the light a little bit (without paying $$$ for a different clock board). Will replacing the 3mm with 5mm help? Or, is there a wide angle bulb that might work better? Does anyone else remember seeing the post I am referring to?
Thanks in advance...

Quoted from wizard_mode:

Another idea I had was to add 2 3mm LEDs (wired in parallel) per LED location instead of the single. I would think thiswould double the amps going through the RD board from something tiny to something small. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Replacing 3mm by 5mm does not have a really great effect.

Since you are so desperate searching for an improvement, I can offer you, to etch you a little pcb, you glue with a hot glue gun in the center of your RD-board. Before that, you have to desolder the 4 LEDs or simply cut them out; the pre resistors will remain in the RD-board without any function. Then you can hot-glue the little pcb on the top of the RD-board and solder 2 little wires to connector J2, thats all.

The little pcb has the following advantages:

- fully rectified GI voltage
- I use 130° wide angle superfluxx LEDs
- LEDs are all socketed, so simple change between colors is easy
- absolute flicker free lightning
- you can adjust the brightness of the LEDs with a little poti

I use the same circuit and parts as on my professional board. I would like to send you blue, cool-white, warm-white and rainbow color changing LEDs.

To install the mod, should not last longer than 5 minutes, you only should have a bit of soldering skills.

And the best: All will be free for you, so I can "play" a bit and can help you here in my favorite forum; simply send me a PM with your shipping adress.

I will etch the board this weekend, make a little video and then ship to you - IF YOU WANT ...

The board looks as follows and is placed as seen in the following pic

RD MOD TOP (resized).JPGRD MOD TOP (resized).JPG

#2920 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Wow, sending PM now. Thank you so much.

Thanks for sending the pics; dimensions of the little GI-board are OK.

The sweety should sit on the board like this; 2 solder bridges must be made on the bottom of the board.

Rottendog Umbau (resized).JPGRottendog Umbau (resized).JPG

#2923 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Ok no problem. Happy to report back with pics/videos either on this thread or privately. Thanks again!

Already found the time this evening, to etch and build your board. It´s really a sweety and works perfect. I have no time, to make a video now, you can make it, when you got the board.

I did not cut the wires of the parts on the bottom, but bent them a bit, so that the board becomes as flat as possible. Tomorrow I will cut a piece of fish-paper, better we put it between the RD board and our board, to prevent possible short circuits.

For demonstration purpuses only I put the board on an original board and a blank pcb of my professional board.

By the way - the solder-bridges on the bottom of the RD-board (see post #2920) are not necessary, but I would do them.

But pics say more than words - sweet, isn´t it? In 5-8 days it will be in the US.

RD2 (resized).JPGRD2 (resized).JPG

RD1 (resized).JPGRD1 (resized).JPGRD3 (resized).JPGRD3 (resized).JPGRD4 (resized).JPGRD4 (resized).JPGRD5 (resized).JPGRD5 (resized).JPGRD6 (resized).JPGRD6 (resized).JPGRD8 (resized).JPGRD8 (resized).JPGRD7 (resized).JPGRD7 (resized).JPGRD9 (resized).JPGRD9 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2977 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

looking forward to testing this baby out for you!!!

Mate, tomorrow, I will ship your package. Was a bit difficult, to get fishpaper here in germany. I have added 2 different styles of the rainbows, one with dome and one without, you can play a bit with them.

Here is, what I will put in the package:

IMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPG

IMG_0661 (resized).JPGIMG_0661 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#3274 7 years ago

Hi guys,

I had I guy from Dubai who wanted my TZ-clock-board, but he had special wishes - he wanted the board in white, the pcbs for the molex-connectors in black and other Molex-connectors (he did not want Molex, but instead Mascon/Pancon connector MLAS100-8-C).

I asked him, why he wanted the board in white. He said, that he wanted something exclusive and a better reflection for the colors of the Superfluxx-LEDs. I did some tests before ordering the final boards and he was very satisfied.

So I fullfilled his wishes, here you can see the result:

DSCN001 (resized).JPGDSCN001 (resized).JPG

DSCN002 (resized).JPGDSCN002 (resized).JPG

DSCN003 (resized).JPGDSCN003 (resized).JPG

DSCN004 (resized).JPGDSCN004 (resized).JPG

And now best, as I have still 8 white boards here:

Here is my special offer only for members of the pinside TZ-Owner´s Club.

1 X white board (warm white LEDs preinstalled) + 1 set cool white LEDs + 1 set blue LEDs + 1 set rainbow LEDs + shipping

All for 99,00 USD - so you can save about 50,00 USD to the regular price.

First come first serve.

Please send me PM!!!!

1 month later
#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

The way all of these GI lights are daisy chained together - if one goes out do the rest stay lit?

The GI-strings are wired this way - hope, that helps.

WPC-GI (2) (resized).jpgWPC-GI (2) (resized).jpg

4 months later
#4633 6 years ago

Hi guys,

there has been some demand for my clock board with board color BLUE.

I have made 10 of them, two are already sold, one to the US and the second to the Netherlands.

Nothing is changed on the board itsself, same reliable circuit as always.

Here are some impressions:

IMG_1874 (resized).JPGIMG_1874 (resized).JPG

IMG_1879 (resized).JPGIMG_1879 (resized).JPG

IMG_1876 (resized).JPGIMG_1876 (resized).JPG

Here it is built in a machine (thanks to Frank from the Netherlands):

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPG

Here you see the blue board compared with green and white pcb:

all board colors (resized).JPGall board colors (resized).JPG

I think, the blue board will look very good with a blue housing.

And now the best, here is a very special offer only for members of this pinside TZ-Owners-Club:

The special offer for the next 6 (!!!!) BLUE boards is as follows, so you get the following:

1 X BLUE board (warm white LEDs pre-installed) + 1 set cool white LEDs + 1 set blue LEDs + 1 set rainbow LEDs + shipping.

All for 99,00 USD - so you can save about 50,00 USD to the regular price.

First come first serve.

Please simply send me PM!!!!

5 months later
#5175 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

Thanks...i will. Where do I buy these electrical things please ? I've only seen the cosmetics side of pinball on sites.

All available from Ed at GPE for for good prices:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=37

The pitch is .156.

1 week later
#5282 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Clock question. I got my Ingo clock board today and just put it in. I followed the instructions step by step. The thing is that I believe the previous owner had the clock rotated 90 degrees. I had it at 12 o'clock when I took it apart. However, when assembling and making sure motor at bottom the hands were either at 9 or 3. I think I guessed correctly putting it back together. When you power on the game or exit menu, it goes to 6 o'clock. After a few minutes it moves around and eventually goes to the correct time. Does this sound correct? Seems like it is since it is showing the correct time.
I also got two extra sets of leds with the board - one rainbow and one cool white. I ordered it with cool white but looks like warm white was installed. Hard to tell since the clock face has warm colors. Do you get an extra set of leds or are you expected to install the ones you requested? I could just swap leds but hate to go through all that trouble for nothing.

Have sent you a PM.

And yes, warm-white LEDs are preinstalled, the other colors have been a gift for you. Changing to cold-white will take you one minute only.

5 months later
#6057 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks! I have an original board, a Rottendog replacement and a newer design with SMD LEDs, and all 3 are out. Very weird. I guess it must be the wiring

Take your DMM, put it to AC voltage and do the following measurements and tell us the results (but first check Fuse F108 for GI-string 3):

Test 1 (resized).JPGTest 1 (resized).JPG

Test 2 (resized).JPGTest 2 (resized).JPG

#6060 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok Ingo, I am not getting any reading on the AC setting. I can get some values from the resistance setting, but nothing useful. I suppose that means no power is getting there

You are right. Now follow the yellow and yellow/white cables from the clock connector on its way to power driver board: I am not sure, but on this way there should be a connector under the playfield, might be it is loose or corroded. Keep us updated.

PS.:
I suppose, you took your measurements at the female Molex-connector, and not at the male pins of clock board, correct??

#6062 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

there is a connection under the playfield! I did not know that.
Yes, I inserted pins into the molex and took the readings off the pins.

I am NOT sure, if there is a connector under the playfield, but I think it is.

Clock-GI is string 3, please look at my grafic here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/general-illumination-circiut-wpc-grafically-illustrated

You can further check at J120 or J121 on PDB, if string 3 is OK.

DMM to AC!!! voltage, cables of your DMM to pin3 and pin9, you should measure araoun 6,3VAC - if not, fault is on your PDB, otherwise on the way from J120/121 on its way to the clock.

Should be an easy to solve problem, so no panic

PS.:
Fuse F108 is OK?? Fuse-Holder F108 is not cracked??

Could you post a photo of your connectors J115, J120/J121

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

.... Apparently the clock shares a string with the lights behind "Twilight Zone" on the backbox, and those are lit so this must be an issue in the wiring

Please make us a photo of the wiring of these bulb sockets from inside the backbox.

Also make photos of J120/J121 !!!!!

You can also try the following:
Put Connector J120 into J121 - what happens?
Put connector J121 into J120 - what happens?

#6071 5 years ago

Neal_W : Good find and repair.

There also seem to be some cracked solder joints to look at ...

cracked (resized).jpgcracked (resized).jpg

#6091 5 years ago

Here is an absolute awesome video made by my friend René (pinsider @starwarrior).

This video is the best I have ever seen - perfect demonstration of "servicing" the clock (cleaning and lubricating the gears) and clock-board replacement.

I think, we have all been waiting for a video like this - thanks René, you are the greatest.

#6140 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks man! I will get to it this afternoon

Sometimes it can also be a contact problem with the flatcable between fliptronics-board and cpu-board. Reseat this cable a few times.

#6147 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

...Make sure your flipper coil does not have diodes on it - that will pretty much blow your fuse immediately.

NO diodes? I think, the 2 diodes on the flipper coil MUST be at the coil!!!!!

#6163 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sooooo... the right flipper is dead again, blowing the same fuse on the Fliptronics. Arrgh! I get about 2 flips and then dead. So I am thinking Q4 must be fried. Or maybe both Q4 and Q11.
I am not in front of my game, does anyone know which transistor(s) I may need to order to replace ?

Q4 and Q11 is correct.

Q4 = TIP 36C
Q11 = TIP 102

Please check at first, if the diodes on your coil are OK. Please post a photo oy your coil and coil wiring.

If you change the transistors, it would be good practice, to also change BR1.

My tip goes towards BR1!!!!

#6165 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You bet. One coil did have a problem, and it clearly got too hot and the common wire lug cracked off (or at least the plastic did). I repaired it and I believe the wiring is intact, but it very well may be the diode. That would be nice!

Read post #6163 again, I added text

Measure the diodes or change them directly on suspicion.

1 week later
#6184 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Anyone know where I can get replacement led for the Ingo clock board? I got one going bad. I contacted Ingo with same question. He said he was going to mail me a replacement but that was a long time ago.

Mate, please send me again an e-mail or a PM please (if you PM me, please tell me your e-mail adress, so can find you in my e-mail-account). I am sure, I have sent you a "normal" letter with the LEDs. No problem for me, to send you again some LEDs.

EDIT: Just checked my PMs and asked my wife. She said, that your cold white LEDs are shipped about 3 weeks ago. When you do not get them in the next 5 days, give me feedback and we will try new, this time with tracking.

1 month later
#6376 5 years ago

Here is a
Special offer blue (resized).jpgSpecial offer blue (resized).jpg
for my Twilight Zone Clock Board - only for members of this TZ-Owners-Club and only for this week:

Available are 8 white and 8 green boards.

Here is my special deal:

1 X WHITE board (warm white LEDs preinstalled) + 1 set cool white LEDs + 1 set blue LEDs + 1 set rainbow LEDs + shipping

or

1 X GREEN board (warm white LEDs preinstalled) + 1 set cool white LEDs + 1 set blue LEDs + 1 set rainbow LEDs + shipping

All for 110,00 USD - so you can save about 40,00 USD to the regular price.

First come first serve - NEVER AGAIN THE NASTY CLOCK BROKEN ERROR!!!!!!

Please send me PM!!!!

Here are the boards:
6 + 6 TZ Clock Boards (resized).jpg6 + 6 TZ Clock Boards (resized).jpg

WHITE board:
white clock board 2 german-pinball-modular (resized).jpgwhite clock board 2 german-pinball-modular (resized).jpg

GREEN board:
Green clock Board (resized).jpgGreen clock Board (resized).jpg

Perfect illumination:
white clock board 1 (resized).jpgwhite clock board 1 (resized).jpg

RAINBOW color changing LEDs look fantastic:
white board with rainbows (resized).jpegwhite board with rainbows (resized).jpeg

#6412 5 years ago

Short reminder for my special offer, that ends today, here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/128#post-4603925

5 boards are still available ....

1 month later
#6594 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Hey all.
I have Ingo's clock board in my TZ; in my opinion it's the single best and most necessary mod you can do for your TZ. I've had it for a few months now, and no "broken clock" messages to be found.
With that being said, I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement rainbow leds for it domestically? On one of the leds the green died, so now one is showing just blue and red and variations of those two colors only. I checked Cointaker, Comet, Pinballbulbs--no luck.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.

Hi Scott,

it very rarely can happen, that one of the rainbow LEDs can fail; these have a built in microcontroller and are sensitive against over voltage. Mightbe, one was a bit "weak" from factory.

You cannot get the rainbows elsewhere as they are manufactured specially for me.

No problem for me, to send you a new set of rainbows for free. You should not have hesitated to ask me - I do not bite

Simply PM me your adress and you will get 4 new ones!!!

- Ingo

#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm curious now, how many people actually have clock board problems? I have had my TZ for 5 years now and never one single issue with it. I am going through it now and replacing the shell on it and was wondering weather I should bother buying the Ingo board.

Send me a PM and I will make you a very special offer for today and you can save a lot of money

- Ingo

3 weeks later
#6700 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Hello all, I have spent the better part of the day reading older posts with TZ clock errors and issues , but have not yet found the same symptoms my clock is having. I had a credit dot and report was broken clock. I would go thought the clock test mode and everything is fine. I recently replaced the batteries-which have been removed from the CPU board and found leakage on the battery holder.I cleaned this up and installed new batteries- now the credit dot is gone- and no test report errors. However the clock does not keep time in the attract mode. The goes forward and backward throughout the game, and will advance to the correct time of day in attract, but stays at this position.Any thoughts ? Thanks
Correction: The credit dot has returned, with the report of clock is broken. I turn the game off and restarted and the credit dot is gone ,until it goes into the attract mode.

Do you have the original clock board built in or an aftermarket-board? You have at least 1 bad opto.

#6702 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

It is the original board. In searching the threads about clock issues- there is high praise for your replacement board.I have to be honest, I have been looking over the sections 1-50 and 1-51 in the manual and trying to summon the courage to remove the clock from the game to look it over.It is a little intimidating so say the least.
Do you still have boards available?

So far, everyone has managed to install a clock board; it´s no miracle and easy to do with the instructions, I have sent you via PM ...

#6707 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

... There are small alignment marks on the two gears that alignment matters for to assist. It’s kind of hard to see so I’ve seen folks put a dot on themselves with a fine sharpie if their eyes aren’t as sharp as they used to be.

It can be perfectly seen here on the site of Dr. Ed Cheung (really great site):

http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz.htm

2 months later
#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I wanted to give a shout out to Ingo, who sent me his clock replacement board. I think it took less than a week ,which was a pleasant surprise.
I finally summoned the courage to take the clock off the game and install the new clock board. Wow!!! It was surprisingly easy! The credit dot is gone...after a year, I am such a procrastinator. Very easy to install. I am not sure that it makes any difference when installing the OPTOs, but I referenced his website and it looked like the chamfered edge was to the outside. I powered up the game and " clock is broken" is no longer in the test report, and the clock advances to the correct time in the attract mode. I am very pleased and Ingo- thank you .

Thanks mate for the feedback ... and I learned a new englsh word, I have never heard before ..."chamfered" ... should improove my installation guide

4 months later
#7326 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Don't think so. I did just take it apart to replace another flaky opto on the clock board. Second time that has happened.

Oops, that should not happen. You are one of the very few who reports such a "problem".

What optos did you have to change? One on the bottom- or top side of the board?

I have used more than 10000 Optos TCST1103 in the last 15 years, and very very seldom an opto failed, these are very reliable. Mightbe, we had a bad charge of a few optos.

If that should happen again, we will change your board on my costs. Simply send me PM then!!!!

2 months later
#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Could anyone share the process of replacing the bulbs inside the clock? How much of taking it apart is involved? Photos would be great if anyone ever photo documented the replacement. Time to stick in some leds in there, finally.
Thanx

If you only want to change the origianl bulbs, mightbe, the installation guide for my clock board caan help you disassembling the clock, see here:

https://www.german-pinball-modular.de/tz-clock-instruction-english.html

4 months later
#8220 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

...sent him info regarding this, zero response. my TZ had been running the rottendog board for 3+ years no problems.
Also- It's on HIM, SORRY! I did attempt to contact him. The fact that the guy is "always away or out of town" is on him, not me.

This is NOT true!!!! If you look at the PMs, my last PM I have sent you was PM #29 and I never did get an answer from you!!!!

Quoted from Seatmandan:

... I cannot comment on the Ingo board, because mine that I ordered (white one) was delivered defective, and is now a decoration in my shop. ...

This is NOT true!!!! None of my boards is shipped defective, all boards are tested extensively on my test bench and in my TZ Pinball machine before shipping.

Just send the allegedly defective board back to me at my expense and I will refund the purchase price at once. Then you no longer need to look at your decoration board and I no longer have to be annoyed with your destructive comments.

1 month later
#8528 4 years ago

Fullfilled the special wish for a guy from Canada - first RED clock board ever produced - I think, will look good in a red clock housing ...

Take care and stay healthy my friends!!!!!!!

RED Board TOP (resized).jpgRED Board TOP (resized).jpg

RED Board BOTTOM (resized).jpgRED Board BOTTOM (resized).jpg

#8530 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice, any idea where to buy the leds that fit in there? Mine are not working properly

You can get them from me. What problems do you have, with what colors?? Do you have my board and when did you buy it???

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

They are red and it came with my TZ so not sure where the board came from but they are little squares with 4 prongs. They seem loose and will light up if I get them just right but the vibration loosens them or something. You can see the left only works and usually it’s just the top left consistently[quoted image]

Can you make a very good photo of your clock board, so that I can see the top of the board. I cannot remeber, that you bought my board. You must not take you board out, try to make a good photo through the playfield glass, I mus see, if on the top left of the board there a 8 little control LEDs!!! If these LEDs are not there, it is not my board!!!! Nethertheless, I will help you, to get your red LEDs ...

- Ingo

#8534 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like yours[quoted image]

Thanks!!!

Yes, that is my board.

Mightbe, that the sockets have become a bit week over time. Please take the 2 right LEDs out and gently bend the 4 legs of the LEDs slightly outwards for 1/2 mm or so and then insert the LEDs again, these should then sit a little more firmly and securely in the sockets.

If that doesn't help, I will solder 4 new sockets for you for free after the end of the covid-19 crisis. But please try to do the little bending first and post a photo ... I want the four red LEDs see lightning

#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I can’t get them, I’ve tried turning them every way possible and separating the legs. The one that works I can move to any spot and it works every time. Is there a secret on how they sit?[quoted image]

The LEDs should have a notched edge and this must show to the LEFT side for all LEDs, imprint on board is "C"!!!

Your LAMP 4, that actually lights up, is NOT installed correct!!!!!!!

Attached is the installation guide!!!
Installation Guide INGO TZ-Clock-Board NOVEMBER 2014.pdfInstallation Guide INGO TZ-Clock-Board NOVEMBER 2014.pdf

#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got 3 out of 4 by putting solder on the legs but the 4th keeps flickering. Do you have a site or no a place in the states to order those leds? The good one I can put in any spot and it works every time so might be easier just to buy them. Just looked over the the 1st is flickers too. Please let me know. Thanks!

These should work for you:

ebay.com link: 100pcs Piranha Flat Top LED Diode Red 4pin Super Flux Lights

After Covid-19 crisis you will gte bthe red ones I use ...

#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Posting to "close the loop". I pulled the CPU board. All clean on there. Removed the battery holder and installed a coin cell holder, replaced the ROM with 9.4CH. Noticed I had the blue Phillips cap at C31, so I replaced that while I had the board out. Didn't have an axial cap on hand, so instead I used a 100uf 100v radial cap I had from GPE. Reinstalled the CPU. No resulting change in the 5v readings at pin 32 on the game ROM vs. TP2 on the power driver board.
Pulled the driver board and examined it. No cracked solder joints at the headers or at F113. Solder on the LM323K looked good. BR2 and C5 already tested good a few days ago per PinWiki WPC section 6.16.12. Header pins and connectors look good, as expected given the low "on hours" for this game. So, I decided to remove the LM323K and install a PSU5. A simple job, although the PSU5 units I just received in the mail recently differ slightly in appearance from those pictures I have seen posted on Pinside. Notice there are tiny labels screened on the PSU5 for the 2 pins, one says "in" and one says "out". Orient the PSU5 so the "in" pin connects to the back of the driver board trace that goes to BR2 / C5. And as others have suggested, install the PSU5 to the board with the mounting screws first (discard the old nuts and instead use replacement #6 nuts with split washers to avoid a short circuit, and in my case solder had been worked into the head of the screws making it impossible to use a screwdriver on them, so those screws were replaced with new), then go ahead and solder the PSU5 to the board. I now have 5.07v on pin 32 of the game ROM, so all is good! Trimmer pot on the PSU5 can be used to carefully adjust the 5v to where you want it, best done with J114 disconnected for safety reasons.[quoted image][quoted image]

Good job man!!!!!

I always use a 1000uF cap at C31, brings more stability ....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.50
$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider german-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=german-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.