IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4129 6 years ago

Hey All,

Anyone have any information on the slot machine mod? I just picked up a HUO TZ and the white light above the reels appears dead and the reels almost don't move. I haven't pulled anything apart yet, thought to check here first.

1 week later
#4222 6 years ago

Hey all! [updated post - located the mod in question]

I have recently joined the club, made one previous post in here. Love TZ and just starting to go through to clean it up. Mainly just dirty with a few items that could use some adjustments and fixing but there quite a few mods on this pin and there is one that I could use help with.

There are two pair of wires that feed the 3D Camera mod (see pic for the very specific model of the mod, can't seem to locate who's it is) that is wired using a cat 5 cable (only 2 pair in use). 1 pair goes from the camera insert to the top light (looks purple, maybe it is a UV LED) in the mod but the other appears to go up into the back box to a z-connector to insert in-line with J4 on the 8-driver PCB. Using the schematics, as the silkscreen connector/pin numbering are different, I see that we're connected to pin#4 (Flasher#39 - GumBall mid(?)). The other wire just has an alligator clip on it but is of the same overall length so I assume that it clips to something close by. The main question here is what is the power requirement of the bottom LED(s) on this particular camera mod? The schematics show that the GB Flasher is powered by the +20V from J107-6 on the PWR DRV but I can't determine where the clip should be connected to, to get it's power.

I can't assume that the bottom light uses +20V. Can anyone speak to what the voltage wire should be connected to if they have the same mod with similar tap on their TZ.

Also, why would the camera mod's bottom LED(s) be wired to on of the GumBall flashers? (just curious)

Thanks

camera (resized).jpgcamera (resized).jpg

#4226 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That camera mod blocks the upper left flipper view. I got rid of mine!

Well that is one option haha! I would like to try to get it working for now but I do have to keep reminding my GF that there is a flipper 'up there'

#4227 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I really miss owning TZ...

I am really enjoying TZ but I like Lawlor and love the theme. It is interesting to me how polarized people can be on TZ, let's just keep the haters out of here

I have recently added a PinSound to mine (4th pin to have a PS now, just love them!) and am just starting to add real RS call outs and content from the original series to one of the better existing sound libraries from their website (Chris' DCS). It is quite surprising that there hasn't been more traction on this front. A really fine tuned PS is, in my opinion, superior to a colour display. Although I do love those as well, I am not always looking at the screen. The audio however can really bring it to the next dimension, maybe even the 6th!. I put 60+ hours in on my BSD, ripping from the blu-ray and the experience is incredible even with the stock speakers. Moved on to Batman Forever to start the same; easily one of the worst (annoying) sound packages in pinball and it is finally starting to get enjoyable to play with the sound up.

I digress... back to TZ!!!!

If anyone else is working on new sounds, let me know.

#4246 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which mix are you referring to? There are 5 I think. Granner DCS mix, Original, Tim Kitzrow "remixed", Haunted House remix, and one other I can't think of right now

I had mentioned the Granner DCS (as a must have and one that I was using) but afterwards I went to increase the RS call-outs and realized that I had actually been using the TK remixed. It is the one with the cleaner guitar rifts and slap bass. So this is the library that I currently enjoy the most but plan on augmenting it. This being said my GF actually disliked the music at first but doesn't comment on it now.

Unfortunately all of the Tim Kitzrow RS call-outs, across all current libraries, are distorted. Almost all of these can't be lifted from the series as they are custom to the pin. So, who has the best RS impression here? Many would pitch in for sure. I could post something online looking for someone to do 'custom' voice over work

#4280 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep, I am rolling off my 2 May jobs in the next couple days (well, actually next week after packaging and invoicing) then I should be able to try a couple things in the 2nd week of June. I don't have anything starting up yet until end of the month; I'm going to see Iron Maiden this weekend so those days are out!

Indeed, this will be very interesting!

I suppose that the challenge now is that with a PS we can rework all of the original RS based call-outs and add whatever else we'd like. Rob, will you be doing the voice over work yourself?

#4283 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, sir that is my job
To clarify (not sure if this is what you meant), but for clarity: none of the callouts in the game were Rod Serling. All were performed by Tim Kitzrow, who did a great job. My voice isn't exactly like Rod's but my impression is good enough to 'get by'. Mostly I do narration and animated work but this is too fun to let pass by. Caveat emptor

Awesome! Yes let's say that I have been reaching out to see if 'anyone' would be interested but just crickets at this point. Understandably so but a response would have been appreciated

Are we faced with any challenges here for doing voice work 'in the style' of someone else or saying things that were authored by someone else?

#4287 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

If you do not sell it for profit then it is a non-issue.

Rock 'n Roll!!! (or as per Alabama: Roll On!)

1 week later
#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Haha.. I'm really not sure what his rate is, but I think the issue would be paying the lawyer to write up the contract with the Serling estate so that he'd be allowed to do it at all

I think that merccat has missed the previous thread about you taking this on this month, as time allows Let's forget the other guys on this

1 month later
#4503 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did a test run yesterday, and my throat is a little scratchy from music rehearsal on Thursday, but I'll get back to work!
Let's not joke around though - Silverman is an amaaaaaaaazing dude, and his voice is a lot closer to Rod Serling's but we're gonna make this work

Just getting back to check how things went, assuming you've been able to find more time for this.

Reverb wouldn't be necessary if it means more of your time. We could always add it later from the audio files

2 years later
#7983 4 years ago

Has anyone come up with a solution for a compatible edge/trim for the four sides of the new TZ mirrored backglass from CPR? I go through the process of ordering it only to find out that you can't reuse the original trim.

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, I'm in the minority, but I do NOT like Pinsound on TZ..

I enjoy the sound library options for my TZ but typically only use the one with the heavier Golden Earring TZ sound track. I love the bass etc...

I would say that the only thing for me that is missing is a rework of Serling's call outs. If we could chip in and have Tim Kitzrow redo these and possibly additional ones I would be in! I reached out to him over a year ago and had discussed it, we exchanged a few messages and then he stopped responding. That said, although he is the original voice and would kill it I don't care who does it if it sounds authentic, but the Serling's call outs need to be redone.

#8022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Save up for Kitzrow’s time, and save about 10x that for licensing Serling’s voice. The estate doesn’t let just anybody do stuff like this.
There’s an actor named Mark Silverman who is the official voice of Rod Serling. He’d have to do this, or you’d have to get an unknown who could keep it quiet.

Well that explains why the conversation went dark... I would have had the 'Hey it's only pinball' response to that.

I recall that you were thinking of giving it a go. Did you attempt it?

1 month later
#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anywhere the OG slot machine mod is available with lights and spinning reels? Unobtanium?
I'm in full on honeymoon phase and cooped up in the house, so if anyone is stripping a TZ of mods, I may be your customer

I don't have one for sale but my TZ came with it and I find that the reels don't really spin much or well, anyone else have this issue? Easy fix?

8 months later
#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Finally finished with a few minor things still to go.
The pinsound mixes although plenty don't seem to be set well gain wise. I'm not happy with them and going to have to redo and tweak some callouts etc.
Great to have it all playing.
Last thing was a full redo of the backbox lighting setup with some interactive flashers as well. Def was lost in zone last night![quoted image]

I like the reworked original sound library for Pinsound but the Serling call outs are crap. I would gladly donate to getting a better copy of this if/when available. Just posting here in case others are on the same page.

3 months later
#10094 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Would this still work with my Robby the robot that uses the sockets to run his LEDs?
If so I am in.

I have the same mod and never thought about that but I too am interested if the price is right. I have just sent a PM to Peter.

#10096 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Which "sockets"? There are a lot there.

I think that techically you can tie the robot into any sockets, they might just be aligator clips but I will wait for comfirmation or I will have to open up mine.

#10100 3 years ago

It's been a long time but has there been any progress on having someone provide new voice work for Serling's call outs in TZ to be used on PinSound? I would contribute to having someone do this.

11 months later
#11814 2 years ago

Does anyone here know if there has been resampled Serling callouts for the Chris Ganner PinSound library set?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=dnaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.