image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1901 8 years ago

about to join the club very soon and thinking of buying a topper. Not a fan of the pyramid with eye ball. Rather get something else. Anyone have any good alternatives?

#1906 8 years ago

anyone have a TZ with three coin slots? Never seen three.....

#1908 8 years ago

so is the three coin slot door a sign it was a international machine (not domestic)? I ask b/c I'm about to buy one and it has three coin slots.

#1913 8 years ago

stickers in the coin slots? haha nice.

speaking of coin slots - do those actually take quarters and work? Or are re-imports not able to to recognize the currency?

#1920 8 years ago

well I'm officially in the club. This thing looked like it was in collectors edition so I decided to head down to pick it up and it's an absolute stunner. Really happy. No fade on the cab either. Owner even had the original manual AND flyer and both look like they were printed yesterday. Super clean all around. My only dilemma will be when GB comes out and I have to move one of my tables (TAF or this one......not sure what I'll do. Maybe hold on a little longer to see how GB pans out).

I'll be adding color dmd, upgraded speaker and LED soon. Has the key mods like gumball, rocket ship, but need to get the camera. They all seem to be very expensive (100) however found this one online for 60. Anyone have it?

ebay.com link: Twilight Zone Pinball Lighted Camera

Comes from mezel mods which I've bought from before but can't tell if it's a diff model than the one they sell on their website.

Also - worth getting the plastic protectors?

EDIT - ended up buying the camera. Good price. Will let you know how it is.

#1923 8 years ago

A few questions:

my table also came with a black "eye" ball. Seems heavy like a pinball. Anyone use this?

how do you replace the bulbs in the mini playfield inserts?

What does the flashing light represent right next to the top right part of the mini playfield? It's right beside the mp - not in it. top right.

#1926 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No idea.
Remove mini-pf.
Left spiral lamp. (When flashing, spural awards next lit value.)

Thanks guys! Really enjoying this game.

#1929 8 years ago

yep that's it!

#1930 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can by the spiral sign plastic that was cut from production? Had no idea what the associated light meant. Can't believe they removed it.

#1936 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

If you are into this kind of modding stuff this is pretty nice: http://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneSprialSignPage.html

Saw this - looks very nice but that price!

#1937 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Before spending insane amounts of monies on a bunch of mods really think aboot what is the best bang for your buck. GLM Switch Kit has always been the best mod out there...because it doesn't look like a mod.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/tzmpskit2.html

this does look good but it's almost 100. not sure that obstruction is worth it...i can easily spend 100s just on these updates. best free "mod" was moving that gum sign to the right so I can see better.

EDIT - looking at this more. might be interested. hard to install?

#1946 8 years ago

what's with the response? Not following.

#1958 8 years ago

so any tips on properly controlling that ball after it's shot out of the slot machine kickout? I've been mainly letting it hit my right flipper so it goes to my left but sometimes that's dangerous especially with powerball. I've been able to actually cradle it straight from the kickout but can't seem to replicate that each time. Tips for doing so?

#1960 8 years ago

Thanks but the chute was actually replaced recently (brand new). I was just asking about tips on cradling the ball on the right flipper.

#1966 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Mine is set up that way on purpose, was able to slightly twist the kickout. I don't like cradling, especially if it's possible with no effort/skill.

Just curious - how are you manipulating the output of the kickout? Mine is currently set to really do well off a dead flip but the cradle option is almost impossible. Prob a good combo but just curious....

1 week later
#1997 7 years ago

looking to replace some of the lights under the mini playfield. never removed it before - what's the easiest way to just replace the lights?

#2002 7 years ago

wow - thanks for the detail!!

#2010 7 years ago

what lights are you guys using in the piano mod (red and yellow) - def wedge fit but are you using led covers or frosted? Do frosted non ghost fit? Going to replace mine soon.

also - what lights do I get for the flashers in the backboard? I bought 906 flasher wedge but they don't flash when installed....

#2017 7 years ago

Look good! I have the same light up for the pinball machine.

how did you get the right ramp to light up so much? Is that a blue light strip? Looks like maybe another blue strip in the back pointing down too? If so, where did you connect it to for power?

Based on your pic, I might need to buy that powerball shooter rod! looks great!

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from NathB:

Cheers
Yeah blue led strip light above back of playfield. I'll investigate its power source and get back to you.

So no light directly below the right ramp? Looks like there is light directly on it plus you have the blue hanging down in the back.

6 years later
#13233 1 year ago

Hey guys - That right loop spiral spot - is it designed to hit that post by the camera when it returns (assuming you don’t hit it with top left flipper)? Or should it just come back down straight to your bottom left flipper? My game the ball his that post right by the camera AVS goes to the top right flipper.

#13238 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Mine will make it all the way down to the left flipper. I believe that's the way it's supposed to be, and as the orbits are typically the longest distance shots in the game, flipper to flipper should be the goal. Plus, for Pat Lawlor games, this is somewhat the norm. Also, with the ball returning to the lower left flipper, it makes it so you can repeatedly make that orbit shot if your timing is right.

That was my expectation as well. Would you mind taking a pic of the ball guide and post right by the camera? I’m curious to see how your setup looks like

#13242 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

My TZ right orbit shot flows all the way around to the lower left flipper as well without hitting the post by the camera. Photos are attached showing my TZ near the camera as requested.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks! I knew mine was wrong. Doesn't make sense considering how Pat designs games. Question now is what to adjust but I'll wait for some feedback and when I have some time to tweak.

#13243 1 year ago

So it’s the flipper position I believe. Yours is angled towards the piano more acts as an extended ball guide towards the center. I lifted my flipper a little and out no longer hit that post. Here is mine right now and yours. Mine is dark blue rubber

06DBB921-E8EE-48FF-A7C9-05FC7CFD4C29 (resized).jpeg06DBB921-E8EE-48FF-A7C9-05FC7CFD4C29 (resized).jpegB48B183A-9C93-4327-BA16-7F110F5F6CE7 (resized).jpegB48B183A-9C93-4327-BA16-7F110F5F6CE7 (resized).jpeg
#13277 1 year ago

Anyone else feel like the left side of this game isn’t really used too much? Pops you want to always stay out of due to cheap drains so you’re avoiding that shot. The upper pf is cool but you’re really just slamming away at the buttons and it’s not really a shot per say besides that hold left flipper up and shot in the hole which gets kicked out by slot machine. Finally, the gumball is super cool but again not a shot but something that takes up real estate. Am I missing something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 29.95
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.