IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadlander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4710 6 years ago

Hello fellow tz owners. I've got a wierd issue with opto switch 81 right magnet I'm hoping you could help me with. It works fine but when you hit the flippers rapidly it briefly flickers the opto in switch test and in game it randomly scores like you have just pasted the sensor. We are getting constant voltage on the opto board when we hit flippers and have switched both opto emitters and receivers. We have also swapped out the opto board with no success. Looking for any new ideas to try and fix this gremlin on my tz'e airplane wing.
Regards
Al

#4714 6 years ago

Fixed it! About 10 min after I posted. Sometimes it helps to write down what you did. Found out that one of the two white wires on the Dead End Switch came loose. When the machine vibrated it made contact and somehow fired the opto on the right magnet. Since I had replaced the optos and opto driver board I knew it had to be related to the switch matrix. Started inspecting all of the switches up the rows and across the columns associated with the misbehaving switch and found the loose wire. Hope this helps someone in the future if you get a wired switch problem (check orientation of diodes on each switch as well).

Glad I finally got it fixed. Really missed playing the old TZ has been broken for a few weeks glad she is up in running again. BTW its was my 3rd machine I bought back in 1999 a French reimport early production April 93', white clock, green lock, and extra post in the pop bumpers got it for a buy it now on ebay for $1700.. Those were the days...

Many pins have come and many have gone since I got this one and I'm sure many more will go well before by beloved TZ leaves the collection...

Happy Flipping,
Al

Quoted from Deadlander:

Hello fellow tz owners. I've got a wierd issue with opto switch 81 right magnet I'm hoping you could help me with. It works fine but when you hit the flippers rapidly it briefly flickers the opto in switch test and in game it randomly scores like you have just pasted the sensor. We are getting constant voltage on the opto board when we hit flippers and have switched both opto emitters and receivers. We have also swapped out the opto board with no success. Looking for any new ideas to try and fix this gremlin on my tz'e airplane wing.
Regards
Al

2 years later
#7648 4 years ago

Have owned my TZ for 19+ years and installed a 1st gen graphic on my back board that has now faded 10+ years later. Had to remove the back board to get to the gumball machine and thought now was the time to address the faded graphic. Was wondering if replacing it with a mirror blade type material might be better than a graphic. Does anyone make such a product? or know where I could get mylar like material to fashion my own version?
Thanks for the info,
Al

60341DD4-4C6B-4702-91FF-F3300CE9DC40 (resized).jpeg60341DD4-4C6B-4702-91FF-F3300CE9DC40 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 132.00
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deadlander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=deadlander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.