IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clizifer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9266 3 years ago

Just joined the club today. Picked mine up in pretty good shape, got a steal of a deal on it either way. Having an issue with the lower left hand flipper, when I play a game it doesn't flip when the button is pressed. The upper flipper flips tho and the right hand side both flippers are working together. When I go into the test settings all the flippers test fine for the flip, and only the upper 2 test fine for the hold. The lower flippers wont hold and when playing a game the lower left doesn't work. Any ideas what the issue could be?

#9271 3 years ago

Hey thanks for the input guys. I took the left side optic off and cleaned it and now it’s working. Pumped to plays some games on the machine now. One more question, I have this single connector underneath the play field that’s not connected to anything and I can’t find anywhere for it to go. Any idea what it’s for?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I believe that is for the flashers that were installed in the prototypes under the door inserts. This was left out of the production machines, but the connection was left in the wiring harness. So on production games, it connects to nothing.

Awesome. Thanks

Game is working great, tons of fun!

#9327 3 years ago

So I put brand new batteries in my machine the other day when I got it home and it seemed like it was keeping memory but then today I turned it on and said restored factory settings. I checked the voltage of the batteries and they are all good. any ideas?

#9330 3 years ago

Ya it was a bit corroded when I got it. I will have a look at it. Is it worth it to just switch to the nvram? I heard it doesnt save the time and date tho. It's cool how the playfield clock shows the correct time when idle

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You are going to have to address the corrosion first, but after that regardless if you install NVRAM or not, but afterwards:
In my opinion ... just install AA lithium batteries and don't worry about it. NVRAM is nice as you don't ever have to buy batteries again but your clock will act as an hour meter, which is also not bad if this is the information you want to have.
Full disclosure, I have been using this type of battery in everything that takes 9v, AA, or AAA batteries ever since they came out. I never change them until they die and have never had one leak. I have also never been woken up at 3AM from a smoke detector chirping because the backup battery is low using these, this in itself justifies the higher cost IMO.
In 2015 I made a post promising to let folks know when the lithium batteries in my fully restored STTNG dies and gave me the "Reset to Factory Defaults" message, it could be tomorrow and it may be 5 years from now; I can tell you with certainty I'm not loosing any sleep having 5 year old batteries in my pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-battery-leakage#post-3403024

Fair enough. I'm sold on the lithium batteries lol

1 week later
#9387 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone still make this clock target mod?[quoted image]

I just bought a nice one that lights up from the pinside marketplace. It looks really good, can't wait to install it

#9435 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Sorry to dump on this thread as I’m learning what makes and keeps this pin going, I hope to pass on the knowledge I’m learning to the next TZ noob that comes along.
Anyway, any trick to keeping this guy (clock) centered? Mine keeps falling in the ramp lanes. Easy answer is to tighten the mounting screw, but whoever rebuilt this mounted with a self-tapping into the plastic (and it’s not gripping tight), assuming that’s the issue. Did it come with a machine screw and nut on the underside of the ramp?
[quoted image]

i have the same mod, i couldn't get my screw tight enough so i swapped it out for a machine screw and lock nut. hasnt moved since i installed it

#9446 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I just purchased this one a few months ago, and I'm not regretting it at all- Best one I've seen in my opinion. the stupid metal one from PDI that's like 300 bucks is a rip-off.
This sign is very similar to the original deleted one,
ebay.com link » Twilight Zone Pinball Spiral Sign[quoted image]

i also added this to my machine, looks awesome. very well made. havent had any issues of it falling off yet

#9496 3 years ago

where can one obtain a spiral ramp? would love to add it to my machine

2 weeks later
#9589 3 years ago
Quoted from Mickpat:

Updated all of my lamps to LED. Only ~100 watts while not in use. Playfield looks great, and super bright. Very different than the old warm glow of the incandescent lamps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Out of curiosity what was the wattage before you changed to the led bulbs?

#9602 3 years ago

when im playing the twilight zone and lock a ball or 2 but dont get the multi ball and the game ends the balls stay locked and when i start a new game they stay up there and i would be playing with only 1 or 2 balls in the kickout till i get the multi ball. If i turn the machine off next time i turn it on it releases the balls before i can start a game. I have a bally corvette pinball as well and if you lock the balls but dont get the multi it releases them once the game is over and they go back down to the kickout. it wont let you start a new game till all the balls are in the kickout. is there a reason why the twilight zone does not release the balls at the end of the game like the corvette machine?

also the balls dont "stage" on the magnets like some peoples do when the multi ball starts. my game only has the 2 magnets, but i have the 9.4h rom. does it not stage because i only have the 2 magnets? and if so is there anyone out there who sells a third magnet kit?

#9604 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Correct in a 2 magnet game the balls aren't staged onto the magnets.
There is a bit of work to do to install the 3rd magnet - this website might be worth reading http://gameroom.flipperwinkel.nl/games/dmdgames/tz/3rdmag/index_e.htm I couldn't find any kits available in my search

Looks like its quite a bit of work. Probably hold off on that mod for now lol

Any idea about the balls at the end of the game? Should they not release from the lock?

#9607 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It's how it was programmed. If you want more details than that, you'd need to talk to one of the designers.
Note that the game will operate the same, regardless. You start a game with two balls in lock, you still have to lock enough balls to start multiball normally.

ya it still works correctly regardless, i just thought it was weird that the balls stayed in the lock on the twilight zone but release at the end of the game on my corvette. same manufacturer, different designers

3 weeks later
#9739 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Does anyone know where to get a Martin Reynold's Gumball Light Kit? Or another high quality light kit for the gumball machine.
I've reached out to Martin and haven't heard back.

I have also been trying to get one of these. The one martin makes is one of the nicer ones out there in my opinion. I wanted to order the gumball light kit as well as the door flasher kit and the clock led light kit that he sells. I was able to get in contact with martin and he directed me to pam (possibly his wife?) at pinbits.com I had emailed her several times and have yet to get a reply. I tried emailing martin back as well and have yet to get another reply from him. Anyone know if hes on the forum here or another way we can get ahold of him? I would really like to order these items

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

No slot machine mods there. Thanks though.
If anyone does know where to get the SLOT MACHINE mod please, show me the way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1185-pinballmod/02356-twilight-zone-pinball-gold-slot-machine-mod

I purchased this one as well as a few of his other pieces (the piano, rocket ship, mini clock, camera, pyramid) and I'm happy with them. I went with the slot machine with the hole in it for the ball to pass through. Just waiting for my spiral ramp to show up and I'm going to install it all. I will post some pictures when I get it back together.

3 weeks later
#9982 3 years ago

having some issues with my memory batteries. i replaced the old battery holder as the previous batteries were corroded inside it. ive put brand new lithium batteries in it but when i turn it on its still saying factory settings restored. im curious are the batteries connected in series so i should see approx 4.5v corner to corner on the holder?

#9984 3 years ago

awesome, thanks

#10010 3 years ago

i would love to buy the pinbits gumball light kit but the website says its always out of stock and i never get any replies back when i email them. has anyone had any luck contacting them?

#10012 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I just call them during normal business hours. They are usually able to help me out.

ill give that a try next week. thanks

#10014 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Isn't there one for sale at a twenty dollar discount literally the post before yours?

no thats the dazzler one i think it changes colors or something. i just want the clear/red one from pinbits, its half the price as well

#10016 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If it's just clear, I'd suggest my cheapo mod... I just ran a short white led strip around the inside of the top of the gumball machine. Looks cool to me and cost like 3 bucks

i was thinking of doing that, but the pinbits one lights up the gumball machine white and then it has some red lights that come on when the load gumball is active

1 week later
#10115 3 years ago

Finally got my spiral ramp installed. Thanks again Davi

IMG_3350 (resized).JPGIMG_3350 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clizifer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=clizifer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.