image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cavalier88z24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3573 7 years ago

Sorry to interrupt your programming. But finally after a long search it has come home to me. A project twilight zone. In the club! Period.

20170403_192341 (resized).jpg20170403_192341 (resized).jpg

#3585 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

welcome to the club! it's an awesome group, you'll love it just as much as the machine! please share all your restore progress!

Yep for sure. I bought it from someone who bought it from a pinsider that dumped a lot of money in mods for it. But the cabinet is jacked up. New cab needed or find a restoration candidate. But playfield is nice. Right now after having it shipped? something got messed up. I hit the start button . Starts the game but doesn't eject the ball into shooter lane. I hope to have time tomorrow to look at it

#3611 7 years ago

So I've had my game for a couple days now. Had to fix alot of the horrible wiring hanging from every where because of these mods. But back together and playing solid. Except the clock. It says clock broken. Motor works but the 45min opto not there and 30min one is flaky. There is so many threads on this stupied clock. whats the bottom line? Opto board replace? and where to get one? also i seen different housings. Where do I get those? Im taking this game to MGC this week. Wish it good luck

#3645 7 years ago

I'm taking my newly inquired tz to MGC this weekend. Wish it good luck. Let's see how many plays get put on it.

2 weeks later
#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Long shot but does anybody have an extra twist guide for sale?

Please let me where u found it and for how much? My game came with this ramp on it. I don't have the original and i havent seen another like it. Thank u. Also if you guys are looking for ingo clock board. Rob anthony stocks them for 150. I just purchased one with at mgc last week and he installed it.

20170422_070335 (resized).jpg20170422_070335 (resized).jpg

#3933 6 years ago

I disagree. Who cares. NVRAM it. Yeah let me look at clock on my twilight zone. I care more about the board.

#3949 6 years ago

You guys are crazy. Lol batteries????? This is what you do. Take your game to show that Rob Anthony works at. $30 bucks done. Thanks for playing. Yes they have to be soldiered on. You need a adaptor. See photo. Boards are still a 150. If you ask me the cheapest why to know that board will last a longggggg time. Go ahead keep checking the batteries twice a year. Why? I dont like resetting stats and high scores. Lol. I dont rotate games out so it's worth it for me to do it

20170427_175005 (resized).jpg20170427_175005 (resized).jpg

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok you didn't read the previous posts about why TZ isn't a good game to add NVRAM to

I did. I don't care about the clock reading correct time when it's off. Lol. Do you really look at the clock for the time? I care more about the board did you read that? Sorry I guess I'm in the minority here. The thought of batteries just makes me cringe. I have seen so many destroyed boards. Some people don't even know pinball machines have batteries.

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The clock doesn't read the correct time when the gsme is off, only in attract mode.

Only in attract mode?. Lol. then really who cares. I still find it creepy when it ticks. It's silent in my basement then I heard this clock. Creepy

#3957 6 years ago

Another question since your a mod guy. What is this?Found this in the bottom of my game.

20170427_203749 (resized).jpg20170427_203749 (resized).jpg

20170427_203757 (resized).jpg20170427_203757 (resized).jpg

#3960 6 years ago

Thank you Neal W. Holy shit $159.00 stupid money. I don't have any cables to hook it up. Looks like 8 pin connector. Is this worth having? Or should I put it on ebay? Anybody want it?

#3962 6 years ago

Good point. The previous owner installed more mods in this game then you shake a stick at. I'm de-moding it now

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll take it, if the price is right

Shoot me a offer

1 month later
#4243 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I'm very interested in PS for my TZ as well, make sure you post your mix up to the forums

I was on the fence about pinsound. For the $350 bucks I had better stuff to spend it on. Pinsound is still a new idea. I recently just bought my TZ and it was already installed with a flipper fidelity kit. They had a corny Chris granner pre dcs sound mix but after a while it got old. So I went on the pinsound forum and download a mix someone else posted. And wow incredible. It just took TZ from a awesome game to a bad ass game. The sound is crystal clear, stereo sound, full adjustable. I thinking about getting one for my last action hero. With real ac/dc tracks

#4248 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which mix are you referring to? There are 5 I think. Granner DCS mix, Original, Tim Kitzrow "remixed", Haunted House remix, and one other I can't think of right now

It didn't have a name. it was the last one i listen too. It says twilight zone 1993 zip by gerald. That's what it says on the website. It's great. I love all the new backround music. finally a beat to the music i don't mind listening to. You know some backround music just gets so damn annoying. also the voice overs on power ball and custom call outs through out the game are cool. add a color DMD. just takes a great game to the next level.

#4250 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I will have to find that; I'm not sure I've heard that one.

i just went on the forum. it's still there. download it. convert it, and enjoy. i think you will like it.

#4253 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Found it! checking it out...
I really wish the PinSound guys would post more about the shaker... I want to put one in my Doctor Who! ... and Monster bash!
Okk... so I downloaded the "gerald" mix.. and - this is the original music for the game! Have I been rickrolled?

It shouldn't be the orignal. The original is corny. ???? I don't know.It starts with a killer bass line. Are you sure you got the correct one? Tell me more about a shaker for pinsound? Dr who? I love my Dr who

4 months later
#4805 6 years ago

@AlexSMendes. I got the sign and bought the bracket from professerpinball. how did you attach it with the bracket? looking for a photo?

#4810 6 years ago

thank u gentleman

2 months later
#4968 6 years ago

so I replaced my stock plastic clock housing with a UV green one. I wanted it to be loud as possible. something that really stands out. what do you think?

20171213_200246 (resized).jpg20171213_200246 (resized).jpg

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That green is WILD. does it show up like that in real life or just in the pix?
I would've stayed clear myself, but a dear friend gave me a blue one so blue it is.

It is "Wild" I was on the fence about it. everyone has the blue one and that's the problem. while the blue looks good, I dont want to be like everyone else. they were for sale at expo this year from mantis $40. I spent a day thinking about it. Talking with the owner and he tells me "20-1" blue verse green. sealed it right there. I have the indigo board that rob anthony put in with blue LED's. so there is no white light coming from the clock it's blue but the camera picks it up as white.
So the cassing just lights up bright green and white gauges actually have a circular clock backdrop to them. makes it look pretty decent. After being on the fence about it, im kinda digging it. Diffently something people will talk about once they see it.

20171213_190509 (resized).jpg20171213_190509 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#5132 6 years ago

the shaft holding the clock hands is sloted. it can only be 12 or 6 "get it". one hand sit on top of the other in a groove. Not adjustable. also a small pin goes through and holds it all in place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cavalier88z24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=cavalier88z24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.