image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 10 years ago

Just added a led lite to the Hallmark TV I bought and installed. Turned out pretty good--does what I wanted it to do by lighting the original screen.
IMG_0491.JPGIMG_0491.JPGIMG_0489.JPGIMG_0489.JPGIMG_0487.JPGIMG_0487.JPG

#255 10 years ago

Good observations, you sir, are correct!

4 months later
#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Its also an early serial number too, I believe one of the first 300,
The operations manual is white with just "Twilight Zone" on the cover, Not red with all the logo's like the regular run,
It doesn't have the white clock face or the green lock insert but does have the "optional" bumper post holes in the pop bumpers that have a small plug over them...

I'd expect it to have a green "lock" insert and a white clock face if it was early in the initial run--but someone with more TZ insight might know better.

9 months later
#827 8 years ago

Yikes--these are goin' quickly--I'd hate to be number eight...

#841 8 years ago

Those do look good, where did you find them?

3 weeks later
#920 8 years ago

I installed Ingo's board today. Both the clock and Ingo's board are quite the pieces of engineering! Super board, easy to install, built like a Lange & Söhne watch--I highly recommend it.

2 months later
#1105 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Yep, and it doesn't so much "lift", so much as it slides forward. All that holds it down, really, is the screw from the wireform ramp, and the two nuts at the front, outermost, top edges on top of the lower post of the side switches. Undo those three and it'll slide forward enough to tip forward so you can remove that piece of cardboard and you'll have plenty of access to all the bulbs.
I've got the physical manuals to my games, but one thing I've done is to download them to my iPhone and iPad so I can zoom in nice and close, too. Plus, it's easier to prop up the iPad and not have to worry about the pages flipping over.

Thanks for this tip. I'm thinking that might be the easiest way to put on the switch mod rather than try to solder in place.

#1121 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Oh, heck yes! I just installed that GLM mini switch kit last week myself. It never even crossed my mind to install it in place!
I even took it a little further and really cleaned up all that wiring that stick out everywhere, too. I shortened, rerouted, and ran in it all in some heat shrink tubing(un-shrunk, though). I'll take a few pics this weekend and post them up here for all to see. I'm really quite proud of how it all came out. Looks super slick now and is a lot easier to handle without all those wires sticking out in all crazy directions.

Cool, any tips you have on installing this mod would be appreciated!

4 weeks later
#1246 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I feel like Pinsound would make a huge improvement to TZ's low quality audio, but I was so disappointed in my two sets of Flipper Fidelity speakers (BK2K and STTNG) that I'm hesitant to chase after high quality sound for so much money again...

It seems like the FF speakers make a bigger difference in some games rather than others. HS2 was a big disappointment, while CFTBL was a tremendous improvement. TZ was somewhere in-between. There is always some improvement (so I spend the money to upgrade), but some machines react much differently than others to better speakers.

#1258 8 years ago

The Germans make some really nice watches, too!

1 month later
#1409 8 years ago

If it were me, I'd rather have a mini playfield with no lettering. I believe that was the original concept, but no one who played the prototypes had any idea of what to do when the ball hit the upper playfield, so they added the "flip here" instructions to the production machines. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

1 month later
#1523 8 years ago

I was able to get two balls onto the mini-playfield at the same time during Powerball multi-ball last nite. It was more of a novelty than anything else, the magnets didn't seem to like having to move two balls around at the same time...

#1570 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just changed out the switches on my mini-playfield. Makes a huge difference and wasn't hard to do. I highly recommend doing this if you haven't already.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Would you please post whatever tips you have for doing the install?

3 weeks later
#1661 8 years ago

If there is a hidden shot behind the slot scoop I've never hit it.

#1669 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I meant the clock... The passage between the piano and the clock. Curious if the left upper flipper was supposed to pass a strong spiral orbit shot through it naturally.

Cool, no wonder I never hit it...

#1674 8 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Cleaned up the inside of the cab today, probably the first to do so in 20+ years. This towel took quite the dirt/grime beating!

20160207_112335_(resized).jpg20160207_113148_(resized).jpg20160207_114810_(resized).jpg

You should sell that towel, it looks like a big toad jumping...

#1691 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If there is a hidden shot behind the slot scoop I've never hit it.

OK, now I see it. There is a passage behind the slot scoop, but there is not a switch, so it doesn't register when you roll behind the slot.

1 week later
#1707 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Also while I'm at it ball sometimes drops out of the rocket, have adjusted the ball guide, is it normal to drop out sometimes

Mine drops out on occasion, but it never bothered me enough to worry about it. You almost get the best result that way--the points for a skill shot and it stays out of the pops...

1 week later
#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I wouldn't want to drill mine either. It also comes down to the 3rd mag is a "neat trick," but isn't used very much, and not worth it (for me).

I'd have to agree with you on this, if mine didn't already have the 3rd magnet I would not add it--it just doesn't come into play all that often.

#1762 8 years ago

Green "Lock" was on very early production games as well.

2 weeks later
#1854 8 years ago

I would think what you need has to be in this thread somewhere.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/now-available-ingos-tz-clock-board-borygard-le-version

4 weeks later
#1972 8 years ago

Mod looks cool, but I'd want to see more photos of it installed before I'd order one.

#1974 8 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Go to Just3dmods.com for more details but we will add more pictures soon

I did, you only have one photo up.

#2032 7 years ago

Just hit a lucky shot I didn't even think was possible...kick-out from the pops to the upper right flipper, reaction shot to the right Spiral and into the gumball machine.

#2049 7 years ago

If you send them to me I will install and send you some pics...

2 weeks later
#2104 7 years ago

Whaddayaknow--it actually was "just a fuse"...

1 month later
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To me it's the only "must do" mod.

Ingo's clock board might be on that short list--it works so smoothly and runs so cool!

2 weeks later
#2321 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why is this club not linked to the game being discussed, like all of the other clubs?

Dude, because it's the Twilight Zone!

3 weeks later
#2390 7 years ago

I'm gonna give him a call and see if he can hook me up with a talking Jim Morrison mod for less than fifty bucks...

1 month later
#2639 7 years ago

As far as I know, this is Amber...

amber-heard-actress-celebrity-blondes-women-females-girls-babes-sexy-wallpaper-2 (resized).jpgamber-heard-actress-celebrity-blondes-women-females-girls-babes-sexy-wallpaper-2 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#3557 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

... the dead-end shot from the right lower flipper thru the pops is SUICIDE, and the reward is not worth the risk!

Tough shot for sure, but as long as quarters are not being spent the cool video display and sound effects make it worth shooting for.

#3582 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sigh... just realised the outlanes can be adjusted...

It won't help much with pop shots...

#3657 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I should stop talking and let you guys figure it out for yourselves.

...or not--keep the info coming, dude, it is always appreciated!

1 month later
#4087 6 years ago

I have a GLM mini-switch kit I'm not gonna use--PM if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.