TZ2 (resized).jpg
TZ1 (resized).jpg
Robs TZ (resized).jpg
top (resized).jpg
2C9568E3-D69D-4481-8553-814EFFBFD111 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (3 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (1 year ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bertodrink1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10656 3 months ago

Hey all new to the group just added a Fully Restored TZ to the collection. Very excited to have this awesome machine in the collection.

Only issue is the dang Proximity Sensor switch #26. I got the game with the error so just went straight to Marco and bought both parts the coil and sensor board. I'm still having issues. I get nothing from the original Coil board in either sensor board, so that seems bad. The original sensor board looks like a repro also says Anarchy PCB and is black. With the new coil and old sensor board still no change can't get the light to turn off even after adjusting the pot on it. So both new parts now installed, I get a light on when a metal ball is in an can adjust down to have the light turn off. Seems to be working correctly. When the power ball is in the sensor the through switch 15 registers light on sensor board goes out but still have through sensor error.
Something I did notice switching back and forth on the boards when I connect the old sensor board in switch test it Registers as switch 26 but stays locked on. I don't get any notification of switch 26 when I plug in the new board. New board also says Golf Pinball.
Is the new board bad? I just got everything installed this evening and will reach out to Marco tomorrow.

Thanks Berto

20210711_123355_HDR (resized).jpg20210711_125156_HDR (resized).jpg
#10658 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Holy shirt!
That thing is stunning!
Congrats!
The PF looks dreamy!
Oh, and where did you get those great apron cards? I want a set.

They are from the Great Pimp you can find them here on Pinside or eBay

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1084-pinball-pimp/04236-bally-twilight-zone-instruction-cards-custom-designed

#10739 3 months ago

So the new trough board from Marco will not send a single for Switch 26 when a detects a metal ball. It will detect the metal ball and the light will turn on but will not register sw26. I reached out to Gulf Pinball and he said there's nothing he can do. Marco will refund my money but they don't have anymore available or other options any time soon. I did test all the parts in another TZ with the same results. So I'm stuck with my old bad board which at least was stuck on, switch 26 would not turn off with the old one. Going to pull the parts and see if I can figure out what's going on with the old one.

Anyone have any experience fixing these boards or has a spare one for sale? I'm keeping the new coil sensor board just need the proximity sensor pcb. Trough

20210721_132809 (resized).jpg
#10741 3 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Neither of those are OEM/Original. Do you still HAVE your original?

No I don't have a original board. Mine came with the black board and the green Gulf Pinball set is what Marco sells now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bertodrink1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside