image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atg1469.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9617 3 years ago

Does anyone know someone making custom mini-playfield replacement lamps in the US? Something similar to these: https://www.pinballdecals.com/TwilightZoneLampPage.html

I'm being quoted $180 for this mod (shipping is being quoted at $25!) and I'm having a hard time justifying the costs. I'm not seeing many alternatives out there so figured I'd throw it out to the group! Any help is appreciated as always!

#9619 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pinball mod.com on ebay
60 bucks. I have one and it looks great.

I have seen that option but it doesn't include the lamps or wiring, so how difficult was the install? I like the idea of a more "plug and play" solution but I also recognize this may be one where the extra effort could be worth the $ saved.

1 week later
#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Thanks Davi! Got the spiral on tonight.
[quoted image]

where can I order this awesome spiral mod?!

#9670 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It is a little tedious. I bought a small rivet press and it wasn't easy. If I were to do it again, I'd buy stainless screws and nuts and assemble it that way...

Can you tell me a bit more about how you disassembled the previous lamp? Specifically, how you cut the rivets out?

I have a spare lamp that cans with the game so I’m not really worried about breaking it so long as I can keep the lighting assembly intact. Appreciate the help!

#9689 3 years ago

Does anyone have any leads on where one might find a blue clock housing for sale?!

1 week later
#9799 3 years ago

I recently purchased a TZ and overall the game plays pretty great, but the more games I've put in the more often I've had an issue come up with the ball getting hung up in the piano trough. Every time it gets stuck its just resting on the inside right hand side of the trough and I have to take the glass down and nudge it into the hole (the game can't find it otherwise). It's tough to get a pic of but I did my best to capture what's going on. Still, I have no idea how to correct this issue, any thoughts?!

IMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpg
#9850 3 years ago

If anyone has a need for a replacement mini-playfied lamp shoot me a message. I have a spare to part with. It is the standard stock model with bulb lights. Everything is still fully assembled and would be a simple plug n' play solution.

1 week later
#9934 3 years ago

For anyone that has added Comet's Upper Playfield lighting kit for the post lights, can you please explain to me how you installed the lights and wired these things together? The instructions provided are pretty vague and I can't find any videos online. I have the mini playfield removed but haven't started disassembling anything beyond that. Appreciate the help as always!

#9955 3 years ago

I recently added a lighted speaker kit to my machine but it seems I have to many mods hooked up on the board as I keep blowing fuses now. In addition to the speaker lights, I have a color display and the gumball dazzler kit all getting power from the same board, so I’m guessing it’s just pulling too much power. I removed the dazzler light kit off one of the outlets and everything seems to be working fine now. Does anyone know if I can pull power from somewhere else for the gumball lights or am I shit outta luck?

I’d rather have the speaker lights lit if I had to choose between the two but figured I’d at least throw it out there in case someone here has had a similar situation. Right now I have the color display linked to J116 and the speaker lights are on J 117.

#10003 3 years ago

Help: need some inspiration! Has anyone done anything especially cool with the Gumball machine besides the common lighting (dazzler or otherwise) or the colored marbles? I can’t put a lighting kit in mine due to already having too many powered mods but I’d still like to do something cool in that space. Here’s a quick pic of my setup, but admittedly it’s not the best photo. Still, any ideas would be great!

AAE3C0C3-E1D0-4C9C-AD3A-5128106D2CA1 (resized).jpegAAE3C0C3-E1D0-4C9C-AD3A-5128106D2CA1 (resized).jpeg
#10005 3 years ago

The pachinko balls certainly look better IMO. Again, I can’t add the lights anymore but this could be an option.

1 week later
#10064 3 years ago

Curious, has anyone ordered a new clock board from Ingo recently? I want to order one but I have some questions on the color options listed in his ad, but I've gotten zero response from him on either from his website or from his ads on here. Just want to make sure he's still making them.

#10080 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

They don’t respond to PMs. The order link on their website was working and I ordered a clock board. They refunded me. I emailed and asked why and when I could order again. They never responded.

Sucks to hear, I was really hoping to order one. I guess if anyone's looking to sell their Ingo board instead let me know!

#10106 3 years ago

Well it doesn't seem that Ingo is producing his LED clock boards any longer (at least he's not responding to any messages claiming otherwise) so I'm curious if anyone's had positive experiences with other boards besides his? I see this one on Marco's website: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CLK001P

My board actually works fine but the illumination is pretty minimal, so brightening things up is my biggest priority. Any recommendations?

#10110 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Well, after ordering the Ingo board in late December (but receiving no reply whatsoever for 2-3 weeks) I finally got in touch with them through Pinside's PM and got the board shipped to my house a few weeks later. All in all the process took longer than I hoped and expected but it was worth it.
the board is very well made and works perfectly and you can tell it's "solid" and should be trouble free for a long time...
maybe keep trying to reach out to them...

I appreciate it. I emailed him directly from the website and sent him two messages from here. I'm not trying to hound the guy but I'm also in no mad rush. If I haven't heard back from him in a week, the Marco board seems like a solid option.

1 week later
#10144 3 years ago

Hoping you folks can help me troubleshoot an issue...I recently tried replacing my Rottendog clock board for the LED board on Marco's site (listed below) and couldn't get the thing to work. The Rottendog board was still working like a champ but I wanted a brighter clock face. So while the new one lit up beautiful, the damn time was never correct and I kept getting the dreaded "clock is broken" error message. I ran a test and none of the optos were registering, so after multiple tries I gave up and decided to throw the old board back in.

Now the optos all work (no error message) but the time continuously sets at 6 o'clock, not 12. I've taken it apart and tried manually changing the gear position so the hour hand would be at 12, but when you turn the game on it keeps going back to 6!

I'm cool with sending the new board back if I have to, but does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the time back to normal using the original board?!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CLK001P

#10148 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Believe you have installed the hour hand 180 degrees out - hence you are seeing 6 o'clock on the hands but the game thinks it's showing 12 o'clock. Just need to change the hour hand (as it can go on in 2 positions - one is correct, the other one isn't)

Shit, well now I feel like a dummy! Yep, hour hand was upside down. Obviously, i've been staring at this thing for too long tonight! Got the old board working again at least but I guess I'll reach out to Marco to see if they can send a replacement. I gotta feeling though this may be a reoccurring issue.

#10156 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

A bunch of posts back, I explained my fix for what sounds like the same issue, the optos aren't being interrupted by the hands. If you push back on them a little to hold them in place, they may work. I put a spacer on the inside of the clear clock covet to hold them in place

Can you explain to me where you placed the spacer and what size spacer you may have use? I've troubleshooted this a bit more and the problem is most definitely the fact that the gear as moving slightly out of position after a few rotations, so if I could get them to stay in place it should do the trick.

#10158 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

sure, it took me hours of aggravation and different ideas also, but this one has held up for hundreds of games.
I pushed back on the center of the hands ( on the center pin) and guestimated how much slack was in there. Then I found a small clear post in my bag of everything, and cut it to my guesstimated length. I super glued it dead center on the clear plastic cover piece, so it lines up with the center point of the hands. You can tighten/loosen the four screws holding this piece on as needed to adjust it. I didn't want it actually pushing the hands in, just holding them in place for fear of wearing something out. Once it's on, you would never notice it... That's why I chose clear plastic, and that cover piece isn't that expensive if you screw up.
[quoted image]

It's a clever idea! You said it held up for "hundreds of games" so is it safe to assume that it eventually failed and you just glued it back on?

#10174 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I am also using the clock shaft spacer and have had no issues. ( like yzfguy ).
I posted a pic a few pages back.

I'm definitely going to give this a try then! Do you know what you used as the spacer? I don't have any clear posts lying around so I'm going to have to buy something, but if you happen to remember what you used (and the size!) that would be fucking awesome!

#10179 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't know the size, but I used one of those clear post with a point on top that you put one of those tiny rubber rings on. It has a regular screw hole on the bottom. I basically cut it in half.

Thanks so much for the advice! I found something that worked, it’s not perfect but definitely helped identify the problem/solution. I ordered a new clock face cover so I can make a new version that’s cleaner and adjusts the issues with my first go around. The original cover wasn’t looking too hot anyways, so it was a good excuse to buy a new one! Thanks again, this forum is a life saver!

3 weeks later
#10231 2 years ago

Does anyone here have the lighted apron kit hooked up to their machine? If so, where are you pulling power from to light the apron?

I have someone that's willing to sell me their kit but he never installed it and can't tell me how to hook it up. I have a bunch of mods already pulling power from the driver board on my machine and need to make sure this thing doesn't hook up there.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#10256 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I tried the same thing first, and then a tiny piece of a playing card thinking it would be more rigid. It lasted about ten games and fell off. This has held up for a few hundred games now and I really can't see it failing, there is no real stress caused by it
I hadn't realized the optos were at a different spacing. I just figured my game had extra play in the gears, but I guess it's a good thing the play is there to allow this adjustment.

Damn, yzfguy you should be getting paid royalties for this fix by now! As someone that's greatly benefited from this mod, I can 100% vouch for its validity! The post he used is by far the best fix I've found as well; however, I will tell you it took me 2 different tries to get it right and not mess up the clear plastic cover by accidentally smearing the glue. It dries really quick and I couldn't remove the excess glue, which resulted in a rather distracting mess. Thankfully the covers are only $5 and the posts are only a few cents, so I ordered a few expecting I'd fuck it up! Just take your time and I'm sure you'll be happy with the end result!

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

Speaking of clocks, I no longer see an add in the marketplace for Ingo's clock boards. Has he stopped producing them? I know he has become non-responsive lately but I wonder if it is over for those clock boards.
If anyone has an extra they may be willing to sell please ping me.

I reached out multiple times to no avail. By all accounts that I've heard, he is in fact done but without speaking to the man himself it's all hearsay at this point.

#10281 2 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Hi Guys,
I would like to brighten up the back of the TZ play field and also add a decal to the back board and maybe the sides. Can someone advise me on what kind of lighting to use and what kind of decals to get please.
Thanks
Litz

It’s not for everyone but I love the look of the full spiral treatment!

6FAC11DA-84E0-4693-82CA-C8D374DAF41D (resized).jpeg6FAC11DA-84E0-4693-82CA-C8D374DAF41D (resized).jpeg
#10301 2 years ago

I’m sure someone’s run into this before, but my upper left flipper is stuck open. Bottom left works as it should but the upper one is stuck. It goes back down when the ball drains but as soon as you launch a new one it automatically flips up and stays there. Any thoughts?!

1 month later
#10490 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Gumball Modding: Ideas, Anyone?
I want to spruce up my gumball machine by loading it with some eye-catching spheres. The translite shows pinballs in there - which is fly! Has anyone stuffed full-size pinballs in there? I doesn't like more than one or two would actually fit. What are some common examples of gumball mods for the gumball machine? It doesn't look as though it can be loaded from above. Do I have the right? Must I pull the whole toy and access the tank/jar from underneath?

I added pachinko balls to mine to give it a similar effect. Looks pretty cool and mimics the backglass to an extent. Takes a lot of balls though, like 60-70 total.

3 weeks later
#10704 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This one is in the UK on Ebay, but it looks nice.
ebay.com link: itm
I purchased a similar looking TZ slot machine mod from Tracy Mitchell (Tracy Toys) in the US back in November of 2007 for $150 which is shown in the photos below and is still going strong. The Tracy Toys TZ slot machine mod shown in my photos is made out of metal whereas the UK version of the TZ slot machine mod that is currently on Ebay is resin cast 3D printed.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It ain’t metal and it’s not as nice as the one on eBay, but I made this bad boy for $20 or less. To me, couldn’t justify $200 for what is basically an over priced Christmas ornament, which so happens to be the same thing I used here!

FBF3258A-E4CA-44B3-869E-D94390AB5DC2 (resized).jpegFBF3258A-E4CA-44B3-869E-D94390AB5DC2 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#11447 2 years ago

Does anyone have any suggested troubleshooting for the diverter gate not resetting? It works fine for a few balls but eventually it’ll get stuck open and the game will proceed with auto-launching everything after that. The gate arm seems to swing pretty freely when I test it manually and continuously snaps back in place, so not sure why it’d be getting stuck mid-game. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#11450 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Can you reproduce it in test mode? You can set the coil test for the diverter to repeat so it will just keep cycling it and you can stop it when it sticks to investigate.
Alternately, when it happens can you carefully open the door/remove glass and slowly lift the PF to see what's getting hung up? You don't have to lift it all the way up since it's right down in the corner.

I was able to get the gate to move back to its original position in test mode, but the gate won't open after that. Does that mean the coil is likely bad?! I checked the wires and everything seems intact, so not sure what else could be the issue.

#11452 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I'm not understanding what you are saying here. I was wondering if you could get it stuck open while in coil test mode - then you could view why the spring isn't pulling it back closed. But what I'm reading sounds like it got stuck open during a game and you used test mode to fix it??? and now the gate is not working at all?
I was hoping you could use coil test mode to get it stuck so you could easily look at how the return spring is hung up.

Yeah, I can’t get it to open in the test mode. It was opened already when I tested it and could get it to close, but unable to get it to open again after that in the test mode. I played a game after that though and after a ball or two it got stuck open again. I suspect that means it’s a faulty coil?

1 month later
#11558 2 years ago

In case anyone is looking for a new clock housing…

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127028

71E1BE4C-4376-47EE-BD9B-5F88EC37C265 (resized).jpeg71E1BE4C-4376-47EE-BD9B-5F88EC37C265 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11595 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Agreed. That looks like a socket from a socket set.

Sure does! Super interested to see how this plays out, I can’t imagine the clock even fitting back in at that angle?!

4 weeks later
#11729 2 years ago

I'm giving consideration to adding 86 Pixels' interactive backboard mod to my machine, but I can not use the service outlet as their install instructions advise. I got a lot of bells and whistles on my machine as it-is and I'm sure this thing would tip the scales to blowing some fuses if I followed their instructions!

Realistically, I'd need to find an alternative power source and don't want to plug it externally if at all possible. What are you guys using to power multiple mods on your games?

#11733 2 years ago

So I actually have a power strip/surge protector plugged into the service outlet already that is powering a few mods already. Nothing major just the lights from the pop bumper mods and the lighting for my apron mod. I could plug this into that as well but again I was just concerned that it may pull too much juice and end up messing things up. Doesn't seem like that would be the case though based on what you've mentioned here.

#11755 2 years ago

By any chance, does anyone here happen to know if Chuck Norris (no, not that Chuck Norris!) formerly of Lighted Pinball Mods is on Pinside?!

I'm looking to reach out to him regarding a the plasma pop bumpers he designed during his time there in the hopes he can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with mine. Seems like he attended a number of pinball events/trade shows, so figured someone here may know him.

I reached out to the Lighted Pinball team as well but they said they can't help since Chuck was the knowledge holder on this particular project and they no longer are selling these mods. I posted an ad on the marketplace too in case it may help to track him down. Appreciate any help you can provide!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129567

#11764 2 years ago

So I have a few extra TZ parts I’m going to list for sale but figured I’d share them here first in case anyone’s interested:

First, is a prototype spiral sign that was replaced by the gumball sign in today’s version. This piece has the original sign and hardware all in tact, so it should make a nice addition for anyone trying to restore a prototype game! If I’m off on the pricing, feel free to make an offer.

Price: $150

Also, I have an extra mini playfield lamp with all the appropriate lamps and wiring attached. I put an extra flasher bulb in it as well. Just add some smaller bulbs and it’s good to go. It’s brushed aluminum and does have some wear but can certainly be polished up to be a solid replacement part. Again, feel free to make an offer.

Price: $100

23770B7C-77A7-4271-902A-A845E413CA55 (resized).jpeg23770B7C-77A7-4271-902A-A845E413CA55 (resized).jpeg8EEF52CB-9B94-4993-A500-54D764F8CC54 (resized).jpeg8EEF52CB-9B94-4993-A500-54D764F8CC54 (resized).jpegBDC33138-517B-465A-92C0-93D68DE7B9CD (resized).jpegBDC33138-517B-465A-92C0-93D68DE7B9CD (resized).jpegCC89D285-69C8-4C59-86A4-31EE38863760 (resized).jpegCC89D285-69C8-4C59-86A4-31EE38863760 (resized).jpegFB51C87A-D711-47FB-BEB3-954D58DBA659 (resized).jpegFB51C87A-D711-47FB-BEB3-954D58DBA659 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11826 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I think so, but my original translite was trash, so it was an easy decision to replace mine.
I really like the mirrored bits. So far I’ve been happy with all of CPR backglasses.

I’ve been wondering about this as well. Think we can persuade you to post a vid of your translight? I’d be curious to see how it looks with the lighting behind it.

#11834 2 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

I picked up the mirrored backglass for TZ after reading all the rave reviews for the TAF bg. Honestly, if I had seen the end result prior to purchasing, I would not have paid that much for it. My translite is in great shape, and I think the backglass loses a bit of detail in the darkest areas.
Having said that, I decided to keep it because I don't want to have to take it back out, and I can keep my original translite stashed away as a backup.

Thanks for sharing, I’m Not sold by the video and still have a hard time justifying the expense based on what I’ve seen, so I appreciate the honesty! I’m going to hope I can see one in-person before I make my final call.

#11860 2 years ago

Does anyone here have a need for a replacement backboard? I recently added the 86 Pixels interactive backboard to my game and do not have need of the original. Would come with the hooks that are on the back as well. In pretty decent shape. I had a decal on it for the majority of time that I've owned it, but have since removed it. Still pretty shiny and would make for a good replacement part. If anyone's interested shoot me a DM and make an offer!

1 month later
#12104 1 year ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Finally made a topper for TZ. Check it out.

Obviously just my personal opinion, but I would've placed the robot in front of the sign. Seems like that's really the coolest element of the topper so why hide it?!

1 week later
#12141 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Folks, I'm about to order some mirror blades. Has anyone seen the PDI black mirror blades in person? I'm wondering if those may be a better match to the look and vibe of TZ than the regular mirror blades.
http://pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

I have these exact same ones in my GnR and can absolutely vouch for their quality and I agree the slightly dimmed effect would work well for TZ. I’d have the same clearance concerns as previously mentioned but if others have installed them then I’d certainly say go with the black over the regular mirror polish version.

3 weeks later
#12217 1 year ago

These folks won’t ship to the states unfortunately. There was a group where someone had setup a group buy scenario and would ship items to you from Pinball Center but he got burned one too many times on shipping issues and called it quits. It’s a bummer too because this place carries some very cool, one of a kind type items!

4 weeks later
#12328 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Love it.....
The pinballs in it is what makes me like it......
good idea.
By the way, I also have a plasma ball but on the playfield, when the powerball insert lights up, the plasma ball activates as well.
I'll post a video next weekend.

Would love to see it! I saw these for sale as a mod a long time ago but they were already discontinued at that point. Would still love to find a way to get one in there!

#12330 1 year ago

I recently replaced my flippers but the mini flipper I got sent is slightly larger than the stock version that came in the game. It fits the space so I’m sure it’ll work fine mechanically speaking, but it does slightly cover up the camera shot more now when the flipper is in the resting position. Would you be concerned with this effecting gameplay? Is there a more appropriate size flipper I should get instead?

#12333 1 year ago
Quoted from GILV:

Here's a video of my TZ plasma mod, not the best video but I decided not to make another video since I did'nt know how to start all over again with my wife's cell phone.
...and for those who wanted to know how it's made.
I bought this 6 volt relay on Ebay: ebay.com link: itm
I already had this mini plasma ball but mine was supposed to be plugged in the wall: ebay.com link: itm
see pictures on how I connected everything and ask if there something you don't understand, it'll b a pleasure to explain.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very very cool!! I’m assuming you went with this version because it was 5V? I’m going to try to recreate this but I want to find a sphere that doesn’t have the XMas theme in it.

#12341 1 year ago

After adjusting my new flippers, I went into test mode and tested them out. Everything worked fine but the right flipper hold test didn’t move anything. I can hear it trying to fire but the flipper doesn’t move. Weird thing is, it operates just fine during gameplay! Is this anything to be concerned about?!

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Flipper test is funky at best.
To run hold test. Hold the flipper bat up then run hold test, it should stay up. It shouldn't go up by itself.
If your flippers work fine in game play. Stop there.
Don't fix stuff that isn't broken.
LTG : )

Awesome! So if the flipper does go up by itself during the hold test, is that a problem?!

Last question, but the upper right flipper keeps moving out of position after a few test flips. I’ve tightened it down as good as I can but to no avail, how tight do these things need to be to stay put?!

1 week later
#12370 1 year ago

I recently purchased a pinsound board and now I’m getting all sorts of switch errors when I turn the game on. Not sure why exactly this would happen but I know all sorts of things can get wonky when you put too much stress on the power board!

I’m guessing this addition on top of the other mods I have is just too much for the game to handle on its own, so I’m going to add an auxiliary power supply to hopefully ease some of the stress on the board.

Does anyone have any experience with The dual voltage supply offered on Arcade Upkeeps site?

https://www.arcadeupkeep.com/shop/dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-system/

#12372 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In regards to the switch issues, you could always pull the power connector off the pinsound and see if the switch issues remained.

It’s a good idea. Honestly, I needed to get things moved off the power board for a while now anyways so this issue gave me the nudge I needed to finally get the motivation to tackle it! Still, it would be smart to at least test things without the pinsound power connected and see if things clear up. It was running perfectly before making the board switch so can’t imagine it being anything else, but I guess we’ll find out!

3 weeks later
#12434 1 year ago

My buddy and I are in the process of launching our new mod business and have decided the next product we’re going to launch will be a topper for Twilight Zone! This forum has been a huge help and source of inspiration for me personally and would love to include some current owners thoughts in the design process. If anyone here is interested in assisting with the conception of what is sure to be an epic build please shoot me a message! If others just want to share their thoughts on what they’ve always wanted to see on top of your games post it here and we’ll be sure to take it into consideration. There’s no bad ideas, only what can be done within the legal IP constraints. Thanks!!

#12446 1 year ago

If anyone is interested in a new sound board, I'll be posting this one for sale soon. Came out of my TZ (obviously!) and works perfectly. Extremely clean! Shoot me a note if you're interested and we'll see if we can make a deal!

IMG_0469 (resized).jpegIMG_0469 (resized).jpegIMG_0470 (resized).jpegIMG_0470 (resized).jpegIMG_0471 (resized).jpegIMG_0471 (resized).jpeg
#12472 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

WTB: Martin Reynolds' Gumball Light Kit.

What even is this?! Don’t know that I’ve ever seen this kit!

1 week later
#12578 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Have ant of you had experience with this upgrade?
[quoted image]

I recently installed both these kits. The shaker is really cool but so far I’ve been a bit disappointed with the sound packages. You also have to upgrade the speakers to stereo sound to use the new kit, if you don’t you’ll have to turn up the volume really loud to hear anything. I wasn’t aware of this fact when I purchased the kit so that was a little annoying but not a hard fix once the parts arrived. All said and done I’m still using the original sound package so not sure it’s 100% worth it but I’m still keeping my fingers crossed hoping someone will design a new package that changes my mind.

#12602 1 year ago

New paint job came out very nice!

42D34AE4-1D14-4706-A248-1894D64F3066 (resized).jpeg42D34AE4-1D14-4706-A248-1894D64F3066 (resized).jpeg5569948B-3EE1-4278-9357-4C1FD370424A (resized).jpeg5569948B-3EE1-4278-9357-4C1FD370424A (resized).jpeg8A7F86BC-0C25-4496-97F9-865A575CC765 (resized).jpeg8A7F86BC-0C25-4496-97F9-865A575CC765 (resized).jpeg913F1051-3032-4F16-9697-2AE828E7BDC4 (resized).jpeg913F1051-3032-4F16-9697-2AE828E7BDC4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12653 1 year ago

Had to relevel my game and curious what pitch level do most of you have this game set to?!

#12655 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

You know, I am curious too. I have had a hard time trying to set my playfield to 6.5 degrees without over extending the leg levelers in the back. My table is around 6.1 currently.

Exactly why I’m asking! I have the back legs cranked very high and I’m not close to 6.5. Can’t be right. Definitely don’t like the way it’s playing either so it’s gotta come down no matter what.

#12658 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

If you have legs with two bolt holes (newer ones) did you attached them to the right holes on your pin? If you're off by one you'd have a hard time making up for that with the leveler legs

Shit. That’s a really good point. I’ll double check that as well.

#12666 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Shit. That’s a really good point. I’ll double check that as well.

I’m assuming the front legs should be in the same bottom holes too, correct?

4 months later
#13301 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

Does someone have a good example of Pin Stadium lights on their Twilight Zone? Pictures, maybe a video? I’ll restore a TZ soon and I’m hesitating. I’m worried the strong lights will “wash out” the iconic playfield. So should I leave it as the pretty dark game it is, or are Pin Stadium lights an option…
Thanks!

Personally, I love them on this title, but admittedly I'm a fan of the product in-general and can understand other's reluctancy to adopt them. Here's 2 pics, one with the overhead lights turned off and one with them turned on. I like to play in a dark room but if you were really concerned with these lights washing out the original colors you can always turn on the overhead lighting to brighten things back up.

IMG_0527 (resized).jpegIMG_0527 (resized).jpegIMG_0528 (resized).jpegIMG_0528 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#13556 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Yes, but at the same time, sealing the bolt behind the Radcals. Some like that clean look but I prefer the factory look with the bolts showing. Plus things are more serviceable later on.

This is my exact thinking as well! I love the clean look but what would you do if you ever needed to remove the bolts that are now hidden behind the Radcal?!

#13626 1 year ago

Lately my game has been awarding the powerball without launching the ceramic ball. Sometimes it happens after a ball has been locked, other times it’s when first launching a ball. Figured it’d likely be the opto sensor in the launch lane but that wouldn’t explain the issues mid-ball when it happens at the slot machine or the like. Any ideas how to test this?

1 month later
#13833 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I can tell by the size of the boxes these are packed real well. it’s almost double the width of the actual product.

Boxes within boxes!! Wait til you see the actual topper packaging itself

2 weeks later
#13863 11 months ago

If you'd even be willing to share the file for the cutout, my partner and I may be able to do a small run of these for folks if there's enough interest. Personally, I'd be interested in making one but maybe using a different color plastic!

1 week later
#13965 10 months ago

Experiencing a few issues that I'm hoping the group may be able to assist with. First, my diverter gate near in the ball trough area keeps getting stuck open so the balls keep auto-launching instead of allowing me to manually plunge. The gate itself moves freely when I test it by hand, but after a ball or two will inevitably just stay open. Any ideas how I can possibly get it back to normal?

Also, I'm now getting random powerballs, even when the ceramic ball isn't in play. I believe there are 2 or more sensors that check to see what ball is in play but I have no idea where those are or how to really test them to see which one could be messing up?

Any thoughts the group can provide would be awesome, thanks!

#13967 10 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

sounds like the opto board because every one of these issues sounds like opto problems.

Good to know. Is this something that can be repaired or do you need to replace the board itself? I’ll have to dust off my owners manual and see where the board is located and hopefully I can troubleshoot it a bit more from there.

#13990 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

1. If you turn the game off while it is stuck open, does it close? If not, does it close if you nudge it with your finger? Likely it is getting stuck, it's just very, very light of a stick. A few things you could do - replace the nylon bushing, or try giving it a small light spray of graphite powder. If that doesn't help, the coil/relay plate may be starting to become magnetized..
2. There are two sensors. One in the subway before the slot machine, and the other in the trough. When does it go into powerball mode? Before the ball is fed to the shooter? Or mid-ball, after shooting the ball into the Piano or Camera? Either way, you likely have a sensor that needs to be cleaned, adjusted, or fixed.

Yes, if I turn the game off the gate will remain open. It closes just fine if I move it manually, but eventually it’ll just stay open again. The idea of it being magnetized actually makes sense, it’s extremely easy to move back manually but obviously requires you to open the game to fix which sucks. I’ll test those potential fixes and see how it goes from there.

The powerball issue happens in both the slot machine and the main trough area. I’ll look at those boards/sensors now that I know where they are and will report back. Appreciate the help!

3 weeks later
#14079 10 months ago

Can anyone confirm, is the opto sensor beneath the slot machine subway is called the “ramp proximity opto sensor assembly” in the manual?! I need the exact part number to order a replacement and this is the only assembly that looks correct but I’m not 100%. Thanks in advance!

#14083 10 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

That's correct, part number is A-16535

Well, shit. Does anyone know where one might be able to source a replacement board for this part?! The only options I’m seeing are in Australia or the Pinball Center, which won’t ship to the states without serious hassle.

2 weeks later
#14136 9 months ago

Totally noob question here, but can anyone tell me where these two connectors should be plugged into?!

I’ve been tinkering in the back and failed to snap a before picture and stepped away from the project before I had time to put it back together. Now I’m having a brain fart!

It looks like the yellow should be used in J137 or J138 but the both have the same number of pins. The other one may have gone to the old dmd and may no longer be needed since I’m on a color display now, but still wanted to double check in case I missed something.

Appreciate the help as always!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14139 9 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

The answer is in your post:
The yellow should be used in J137 or J138.
Both have the same number of pins: they are identical, as you can see on the PCB, pins are connected.

Perfect. Any idea what these connections control? I’ve been having some issues with my game and wonder if the problems could be connected to this harness not being hooked up.

#14150 9 months ago

Welp, I had the slot proximity sensor board tested and it’s working correctly. Trying to trace the other switches on the matrix to see if the issue is coming from something else on the line. The gumball enter optos seem to be acting up too and they’ll actually trigger just by tapping on the gumball wireform by hand. I’m sure this isn’t how they should be working but they seem solidly mounted and the soldering/wiring is intact on both optos. Still, is this possibly an indicator that these sensors need to be replaced? I have been getting random gumball enter errors in the test menu but they were sporadic at best and didn’t seem to effect gameplay so I likely ignored it for too long!

1 week later
#14152 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd put a new set in. Just to keep eliminating things.

So I put in the new sensors and the issue persists, in fact it may be even worse! Uploaded a video below but as you’ll see just by tapping on the playfield the gumball enter is triggering. No idea how an opto sensor would trigger from such a minor vibration but I have to imagine this is causing issues in-game! Any thoughts on what could be causing this?!

#14156 9 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Try replacing the capacitor on the opto board. It probably needs replacing anyway.

Sorry, but what board specifically would this be and where is it located?

#14158 9 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

That's where I would be looking. Either cold solder joint or a flaky IDC connector on the 10 switch opto board under the playfield. J3-6 (Gray-Violet) and J4-7 (Orange-Violet) feed the gumball enter optos.
I would start by inspecting the J3 and J4 IDC connectors on the 10 opto board and make sure the wires are firmly inserted/not frayed damaged. I would then reseat the connectors multiple times to knock tarnish down they may be on the pins.

Awesome, thank you! I’ll try that next. Btw, your bar is the shit!! Amazing collection and great vibes all around!

1 week later
#14206 8 months ago

Does anyone have any tips for fixing a sticking diverter gate?!

My gate tends to stick open after launching a ball but can easily be moved back by hand. I’ve tested it multiple times and can not seem to recreate the issue in test mode or by hand, and can not identify any reason why it’d be sticking open. It moves freely just fine when not playing a game but as soon as the auto launch happens it stays open. I’ve tried greasing the shaft thinking maybe that was an issue but that did nothing.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

#14209 8 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

That the little relay one? Plate magnetized.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m thinking. I ordered a new coil and a new plate, figured it can’t hurt to replace both and see if that helps.

#14211 8 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

Sure can't hurt...... but if you want to know which of the 2 will solve the problem, start by replacing the coil, try it, and if problem stays, go with the plate.
One thing I've learned over the years when repairing pins (and mopeds) is, "never try more than one thing at a time", otherwise you don't know which of the 2 solutions you've tried solved the problem.

Good point. I’ll do that, thanks!

#14213 8 months ago

So lately I’ve noticed that balls are getting stuck on the upper left magnet after it’s fired. I can shake the ball loose pretty easily but it’s still annoying during gameplay. Is there a way to test the magnet to see if it’s staying on after firing or has anyone experienced something similar and might have some idea what is going on here? Thinking I should replace the metal balls too in case they’re magnetized.

1 week later
#14236 8 months ago

Does anyone here happen to have a template file for the bottom cardboard piece from the mini playfield? Mines looking pretty rough and I’m thinking of replacing it with colored acrylic.

3C482742-430C-48FB-82AF-315017BBDF2E (resized).jpeg3C482742-430C-48FB-82AF-315017BBDF2E (resized).jpeg
#14240 8 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

As the young cool kiddies say I would also be down for that. I imagine many others would be as well.

Good deal. We’ll make a few extras then and will report back when they’re ready to go. Curious, would most prefer the clear plastic or would you like some color choices? I’m going with a blue fluorescent because I think a subtle pop of color would work well with my machine but we can do just about anything that people would want.

1 week later
#14305 8 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Thanks super helpful

A few of mine with the black and silver flake…

39A28589-5372-42FD-A258-3333D600AFB5 (resized).jpeg39A28589-5372-42FD-A258-3333D600AFB5 (resized).jpeg5B6D2930-2424-4E6E-9527-7079F9D39B27 (resized).jpeg5B6D2930-2424-4E6E-9527-7079F9D39B27 (resized).jpegBE2A78F7-66F8-49FE-AA11-0DC0DF5FF33F (resized).jpegBE2A78F7-66F8-49FE-AA11-0DC0DF5FF33F (resized).jpegC484A92D-4EE4-4E86-9E45-47E5AC89EC74 (resized).jpegC484A92D-4EE4-4E86-9E45-47E5AC89EC74 (resized).jpegDD444098-2649-4DC0-96A6-ADC5F7917D74 (resized).jpegDD444098-2649-4DC0-96A6-ADC5F7917D74 (resized).jpeg
#14309 8 months ago

Finally got around to cutting the acrylic piece for under the mini playfield. I really love how the blue fluorescent turned out and will post more pics post install. I have an extra if anyone is interested and we will be happy to make these in a larger batch for the community. Again, I dig the blue for my game but we can easily do them in clear or any other color that’s of most interest to the community. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you’re interested!

4E4C0476-50DF-4994-AD95-5627CDE5202F (resized).jpeg4E4C0476-50DF-4994-AD95-5627CDE5202F (resized).jpeg4E82BE78-FD1E-4F31-A244-7CE800815E49 (resized).jpeg4E82BE78-FD1E-4F31-A244-7CE800815E49 (resized).jpeg848A19A6-D24E-43B0-96F8-612BC939D26D (resized).jpeg848A19A6-D24E-43B0-96F8-612BC939D26D (resized).jpegB0087630-842E-403E-88E2-46A3E8ADF56A (resized).jpegB0087630-842E-403E-88E2-46A3E8ADF56A (resized).jpeg
#14318 7 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Finally got around to cutting the acrylic piece for under the mini playfield. I really love how the blue fluorescent turned out and will post more pics post install. I have an extra if anyone is interested and we will be happy to make these in a larger batch for the community. Again, I dig the blue for my game but we can easily do them in clear or any other color that’s of most interest to the community. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you’re interested!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Installed this weekend. Overall, I do agree the look is miles better than the crappy fish paper, but I was let down that the blue florescent failed to provide the pop of color I was really hoping for. That said, there are 2 star posts underneath that I can add some lighting to that may help correct this issue. Time will tell.

Regarding the install, I did experience some slight clearance issues with the 2 brackets that secure the mini PF to main PF. The one on the right was easy enough to fix and just required unscrewing the nut until it was in a higher position, but the bracket on the left (the one without the spring) I had to put a few washers underneath to raise it up a bit. Once I made those adjustments everything worked fine.

Long story short, I'm still more than willing to create the plastic piece for the community but it would be with the caveat that it may not be as simple as a "plug in play" install. I'd only be providing the plastic piece, anything else would have to be provided by the buyer.

DM if anyone is still interested and I'll keep you posted as things progress.

IMG_1539 (resized).jpgIMG_1539 (resized).jpg
#14322 7 months ago

For anyone interested, and who might live in the Columbus, Ohio area, we'll be hosting an event tomorrow evening at the Level One arcade starting at 6pm. We'll be unveiling our Godzilla topper to the public for the first time and will be bring our TZ topper for all to view as well. Now I know that alone isn't likely to sway most people into making a special trip, so we're sweeting the deal by giving away some sweet prizes to boot!

So if you're in the area, and on the fence about where you might be going to get your silver ball fix for the evening, consider swing by and saying hello! We'd love to see you and talk all things pinball!

OHTEPbanner_large (resized).pngOHTEPbanner_large (resized).png
1 week later
#14362 7 months ago
Quoted from MistaCube:

This week the awesome Topper from teppinball arrived. Its such a high quality build topper, i love it! My first Pin was a TZ nearly 20 years ago. Always loved that machine but sold it. Now with this Topper i would like to have again a TZ pin. At the moment the Topper works as a standalone decoration in the pinballroom but someday it will find the way back on a TZ
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man, and you put the logo up above?! Too funny! We actually hadn’t thought about the idea that the units could work as standalone art pieces until the good people at TPF asked us about it, but I think you’ve proven that it works! Thanks for sharing your experience!

#14369 7 months ago

Recently pulled my playfield out in order to install Radcals and after reinstalling now my lower left flipper (upper left works fine) isn’t working and I’m dealing with two opto errors (gumball entrance and the popper opto is stuck). All the wiring to the flipper is intact and the red led on the opto board is on, and all the fuses tested fine on the power board. Any suggestions on what I should look for next?!

#14371 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start I'd go into Tests - Switch Edge - slowly push flipper button in and see if one at a time both rgisters on the DMD.

So as soon as I basically lay a finger on the button the upper left flipper is firing in the switch test, followed by the end of stroke registering. The right side requires the button to go in a decent amount before the upper flipper fires, so obviously the left is registering early.

#14378 7 months ago

So I’ve sorted the majority of issues I was dealing with but I’m still not sure what is going on with my left flipper. I realigned the plastic opto bracket, which did correct the over sensitivity issue but I still can’t get the lower flipper to respond correctly. It will flip in short bursts when I quickly tap the flipper button but it won’t stay up if I hold the button or even pressing firmly for a brief second. Any idea what to look at next? Should I just replace the opto bracket all together?!

In case it helps, here’s a video of the issue in action:

#14380 7 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Does the flipper work normally in Test Mode? For both power and hold coils?

No, the issue happens in test mode too.

#14383 7 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

It could also be a failure in the drive transistor circuitry controlling the hold winding.

An image of the assembly will help with diagnosis.

Happy to provide pics, but do you want pictures of the coil/flipper assembly or the flipper board in the cabinet?

#14388 7 months ago

Here’s a few pics I snapped this morning. The wiring on the coil feels in tact but I can easily run some new solder on them when I get home from work. If anyone sees anything in here though that might help identify the problem please let me know! Originally, I figured I bent the plastic opto bracket when reinstalling the flipper buttons but it seems like most are suggesting it’s a mechanical issue.

03CC27B9-A425-4EB5-BD99-082AE04B9462 (resized).jpeg03CC27B9-A425-4EB5-BD99-082AE04B9462 (resized).jpeg100797DC-3DEC-406B-9A52-46BAB80F1A68 (resized).jpeg100797DC-3DEC-406B-9A52-46BAB80F1A68 (resized).jpegB5D9110B-C330-457B-B511-97DA5022EFA8 (resized).jpegB5D9110B-C330-457B-B511-97DA5022EFA8 (resized).jpeg
#14403 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd clean that crap up. Cut back the wire a tiny bit. Strip the end. Remove solder from the lugs. Stick wire in hole in lug, flow on new solder. Practice on scraps first if you need to improve your skill, adding more to that mess won't help if the problem is there.
The thin wire from the coil windings to the lug with the orange wire, be sure it isn't cracked or broken and soldered on tight.

Resoldered the coil, but the issue is unchanged. I did notice that one of the thin wires you alluded to is significantly thinner than the other two and does seem a bit fragile looking, but I’m not sure if this is the cause of the issue or not? I’m guessing if it is I’d need to replace the coil? Pics for reference…

84F2C5E5-A6D3-481A-98B3-0C7F4809BE44 (resized).jpeg84F2C5E5-A6D3-481A-98B3-0C7F4809BE44 (resized).jpeg
#14405 7 months ago

Welp, I actually found the issue and it had nothing to do with the coil after all. Turns out the opto bracket wasn't being actuated far enough to trigger the lower flipper. I suspect what happened is the added width of the Radcals hindered the flipper buttons ability to press in the actuator (I don't know what the thing is actually called if you can't tell!), so added some electrical tape to the top of the bracket and now all is right with the world. It's always the easy things, isn't it?!

#14406 7 months ago

Welp, I actually found the issue and it had nothing to do with the coil after all. Turns out the opto bracket wasn't being pressed in far enough to trigger the opto for the lower flipper. I suspect what happened is the added width of the Radcals hindered the flipper buttons ability to press in the actuator fully (I don't know what the thing is actually called if you can't tell!), so added some electrical tape to the top of the bracket and now all is right with the world. It's always the easy things, isn't it?! Thank you as always though for your willingness to help out! At the very least my coil connections are a lot cleaner now!

#14421 7 months ago

T-minus 10 minutes until our public on-sale for our TZ topper! 50 spots available, first come, first serve: https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/tz-topper

#14422 7 months ago

Also, quick point of clarification, but all Batch 3 orders will be shipped by Dec. 15th, not February. Apologies for any confusion!

1 week later
#14454 6 months ago

I second the Radcal decision! I recently restored a cabinet for my T2 and that process took every bit of 2 weeks to complete and I still see slight imperfections here and there. The Radcals slapped right on with minimal effort and easily saved me a week or more in time. To be fair, it’s not a turn-key process as they’d lead you to believe (you still have to strip or paint the original cab and drilling the holes for bolts, buttons, etc is tedious) but the end result is far worth the effort IMO.

2C0BD71C-A0C2-4E4B-8498-24FD08BC4E3C (resized).jpeg2C0BD71C-A0C2-4E4B-8498-24FD08BC4E3C (resized).jpeg774D4B1E-F644-4A60-A7D1-796A472F8415 (resized).jpeg774D4B1E-F644-4A60-A7D1-796A472F8415 (resized).jpeg7DD2E022-32A8-4174-A13B-FEA4E2F7AEC6 (resized).jpeg7DD2E022-32A8-4174-A13B-FEA4E2F7AEC6 (resized).jpeg
#14457 6 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I'd use radcals for sure if I ever redo mine...but use elevator bolts where you can to hide the carriage bolt heads in both the cab and backbox...they don't seem to make the very small ones (10-32?) so I just ground off the round portion of the carriage bolt and countersunk the wood a little. It is nice not to have a single carriage bolt head sticking out anywhere....

I considered doing this but what if for some reason you needed to remove a bolt later down the road?!

2 weeks later
#14501 6 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’m going to list my TZ. I’d be grateful for opinions on a fair price in today’s market. Location, Northeast.
- All original game in good condition; very clean all throughout
- All PF metal parts have been chrome plated (nice touch).
- 100% working. No credit dot. Plays super (see vid)
- Cabinet in great shape. Minimal fade. Some minor touch ups. There is a stain on bottom of cab (not visible in normal use, obv)
- No pf wear except for one small blemish near slot machine scoop (see pic)
- Just cleaned, waxed, new rubber.
- Off-board battery holder
- A number of the typical mods
- w/manual, new spare powerball, other parts
Gameplay video:
Pics:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think you're closer to 11k-12k IMO. The chrome parts are very nice and that takes a lot of work/commitment. If people know what they're looking at I think you should be able to get close to these prices, but as always it takes finding the right buyer. Beautiful game either way, you should probably keep it!

#14505 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I really don't want to suggest a price, but I can share the details of my purchase.
It was listed for quite a while without selling earlier this year out west and I bought it for $9200. While it doesn't have the chrome, which I think is a few hundred $ from hotrod arcade, the playfield and cabinet are nicer, close to perfect and it was also listed by a reputable, well known pinsider. The lock bar was scratched and the glass has a few small scratches and it wasn't all led, but was freshly shopped. I also found that the back box light sockets were a bit brittle. It came with spare, good flipper boards and clock board.
I believe the remake is coming and the market is too soft and saturated to get anywhere near 12k, but I could be wrong and hope I am.

I believe his is all chrome parts, not just the ramp and wireforms, which is all that pinball plating sells. If so, there’s a lot more work involved in swapping these parts out, which people like me would recognize and pay for. I 100% could be mistaken, and maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part too, but I’d never let that game go for less than $10k.

2 weeks later
#14610 5 months ago

Greetings TZ Owners!! If any of you will be at Expo this weekend, please swing by the Electric Playground's booth (near the home brew section) to see the TZ topper in action and to say "hello"! We have a beauty TZ on display for free play and would love to give you a tour of the topper in-person! IMG_1688 (resized).jpegIMG_1688 (resized).jpeg IMG_1686 (resized).jpegIMG_1686 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#14778 4 months ago

A few random parts for sale following a week of upgrading…

Blue clock housing (great shape, installed/removed once) $50

Spiral clock shooter rod (from Super Skillshot Shooters, I really liked the look of this installed and it feels great when shooting, but I ended up leaning into a black and white theme and decided to use a different rod. Perfect condition!) $70 OBO

Complete set of Bally/Williams flippers (3 black, 1 white mini. Great shape, zero issues) $30 for all 4.

PM if interested or if you need more pics. Thanks!

39379BB6-6297-405F-9178-439CEA62876E (resized).jpeg39379BB6-6297-405F-9178-439CEA62876E (resized).jpegCA0F7C02-BC24-4F38-B566-9897740FC748 (resized).jpegCA0F7C02-BC24-4F38-B566-9897740FC748 (resized).jpeg4BF01AAC-AD22-49A0-A162-865A51DF1A40 (resized).jpeg4BF01AAC-AD22-49A0-A162-865A51DF1A40 (resized).jpegB06ABB69-5810-480F-B369-C45EFFAA3F32 (resized).jpegB06ABB69-5810-480F-B369-C45EFFAA3F32 (resized).jpeg4A1E84D5-378D-4261-9F29-329CDB20F893 (resized).jpeg4A1E84D5-378D-4261-9F29-329CDB20F893 (resized).jpegAB3F173C-6499-4E74-BA3B-D98B5FDA1348 (resized).jpegAB3F173C-6499-4E74-BA3B-D98B5FDA1348 (resized).jpegB36943AC-65B1-4CC4-BE80-B2E46F803E2B (resized).jpegB36943AC-65B1-4CC4-BE80-B2E46F803E2B (resized).jpeg
#14781 4 months ago

Yeah, I certainly did not go to that level of detail as their build, but that specific machine was certainly a source of inspiration! I saw their game in-person at Expo this year and it was stunning. The pictures really don't do it justice. The only bummer was you couldn't actually play the game, but I guess they sell the game for $30k+ so I suppose I can't blame them of being protective of it.

3 weeks later
#14849 3 months ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I ordered translucent for all rings and post and flippers are going to be blue.
Thx!

That’s what I ended up with as well. I’m still wrestling with the blue flippers if I’m honest though. They match the playfield really well but I still don’t know if they’ll stick around long term.

11D77527-0E7F-4376-A868-A24F0F618BE8 (resized).jpeg11D77527-0E7F-4376-A868-A24F0F618BE8 (resized).jpegD7881445-BCD9-4BD5-886A-FBAC518B8168 (resized).jpegD7881445-BCD9-4BD5-886A-FBAC518B8168 (resized).jpeg
#14854 3 months ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Looks great! Did you add light up posts at all the star posts? Or is that just the way the light hits them?

I added star post lights myself. Cheap, simple upgrade and adds some light to a few dark areas.

#14858 3 months ago

Hey Folks!

Excited to announce that we'll officially be releasing Batch 4 of our Twilight Zone topper and will have units ready for order on our website this Saturday (January 13th) at 9a PT / 11a CT / 12p ET.tep_tz_topper03 (resized).jpgtep_tz_topper03 (resized).jpg

Just 25 of each this time around – we’ll leave them up until they are gone. Toppers start shipping in February 2024 and we’ll wrap these batches up in April/May 2024.

$100 secures your spot. Just hit these link on Saturday at the time above: https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/tz-topper

Thanks as always for the continued support and we look forward to continuing to get these awesome toppers into the hands of the masses soon!

Rob & Alec

1 week later
#14875 83 days ago

So I finally bit the bullet and purchased the mini playfield switch replacement kit from Pinball Life and of course it didn't come with any installation instructions. This does not seem to be as turn key as I might have thought, so has anyone else purchased this kit successfully installed it? If so, can you point me to any directions or videos you used to get through the process? Many thanks in advance for the help!

Here's a link to the kit I purchased in case it helps: https://www.pinballlife.com/twilight-zone-the-power-mini-playfield-switch-replacement-kit.html

#14877 83 days ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I ran into the same problem when I bought the kit from pinball life as well. Here’s a good write up. Click the photo for the pdf install instructions:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-tech-glm-mini-switch-kit-installwrite-upimpressions#post-6684431

Awesome, thanks so much!

#14883 82 days ago

Guess I can throw this out there then, but if anyone wants to purchase my former switch kit shoot me a DM! Assemblies still have the switches, diodes and covers, so would be a relatively easy install. Not as clean as the low profile version mind you, but I know not everyone cares about that as much as others. Happy to sell/ship to a fair offer!

#14885 81 days ago
Quoted from gjk715:

Opinion....Is this switch kit the same (quality) as the one was was originally introduced by Great Lakes? Is Pinball Life the only vendor selling the kit presently?

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same kit. It has the secondary hookups for aux controls the same as his most recent kit and all the pictures from his website are identical to what I received. Everything seems to be working following install as well, so that's a good sign!

#14910 78 days ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I had the exact same problem with mine. Super tight wiring and it just wasn’t as reliable as I wanted it to be in a game that gets played constantly. One of the surface mounted diodes broke after some playtesting because everything is so tight.
I ended up pulling out the left and right switch brackets and just using the front ones. To me, it’s the best of both worlds: unobstructed view of the powerfield, but reliable.
[quoted image]

What exactly happened? I don't understand why the wiring would be an issue once it's installed, all the wires are protected behind the metal brackets, so curious to hear what exactly the issue was.

On another fun note, discovered last night that my one year old hid the powerball from my while I was working on the machine! Couldn’t have been a normal ball, had to be the one that costs $$ to replace. Any idea who’s selling the cheapest replacement?!

#14932 72 days ago

If anyone is interested in an original switch kit for their mini playfield, feel free to make an offer!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/171688

#14940 70 days ago
Quoted from cee_bee_are:

Is this the diode on the mini switch kit? I accidentally burned one of mine installing the kit from Pinball Life so one of the 4 switches isn't working. I'd love to swap out diode myself, but don't know what part it's supposed to be.
I absolutely love this mod though - super clean looking, no bling, just improves the game without distracting. The star post mod for the upper playfield also looks great - are they GI or driven by the switches/magnets? I'm very tempted add that next.

You can hook it up both ways, although I’m not sure exactly how it works driven by the magnets. I just know the kit comes with the ability to integrate them but I’ve yet to dig in. If anyone here’s successfully made this work though I’d love to hear how you did it!

#14943 69 days ago

Awhile back I replaced that crappy cardboard piece under the mini playfield with a blue acrylic one, and finally got around to adding a strip of cob LED lighting underneath as well. The added light casts a nice blue-ish effect that I think really works well with that section of the playfield. The lights are bright enough that I also ended up removing the additional star posts lights I had around there, which helped to balance everything out. Definitely digging the new look! Big thanks to Green-Machine for helping me troubleshoot and source the LEDs!

84248F2B-BFEA-452A-A5DC-F581D8BF6B00 (resized).jpeg84248F2B-BFEA-452A-A5DC-F581D8BF6B00 (resized).jpegC561F389-3C21-4669-9452-6D643D001759 (resized).jpegC561F389-3C21-4669-9452-6D643D001759 (resized).jpeg
#14945 68 days ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Does anybody here have the mini-switch kit with the two switched and have used the second switch to control the star post lights on the mini playfield? I've always wanted to see what it looks like to have those posts flash when the corresponding switches are hit during Battle the Power.

I’d love to see this as well and some pics of the wiring hookups when completed. Id love to figure out how to have the lights turn off when the switches are activated (which I know is possible) but based on what I read it seemed more complicated than I felt comfortable messing around with at the moment. I read that there’s an issue with the switches not being triggered long enough to effectively flash the lights and that another board could be needed, which is where I basically stopped reading. I was planning on emailing the kit maker directly to get their input.

1 week later
#14992 57 days ago
Quoted from 2x286ps:

Recently I replaced the fish paper under the MPF. Nice side effect, once the flasher in active it illuminates the "tunnel" below.
Regards
Tom
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I used a blue acrylic and love the effect it provides as well!

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atg1469.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=atg1469 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.