IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#958 8 years ago

Anyone have a spare lockdown bar they are willing to sell? The TZ I picked up recently has been welded. It looks and fits like crap.

1 year later
#3095 7 years ago

Nate... Did you get the TZ with the center post drilled into it? very sad.

1 month later
#3273 7 years ago

Eric if you can make those at a considerably cheaper price than the pdi shade is be in. I do think I prefer twilight zone? On the sides though.

3 months later
#4169 6 years ago

Lyons I was under the impression from the answer I got from you was you weren't making these to sell.

#4177 6 years ago

Eric. It looks great! I misunderstood you. I thought you weren't making them at all. Of course I understand that you wouldn't copy others designs.

#4178 6 years ago

I like white also. I think the pdi has a film under it to give the color with a white bulb in there.? I like the color coming through the sides but it washes out the colors on the mini Playfield. Natural looks better to me. I use mostly white leds in my games also because I hate the washed out look it gives through the plastics.

1 year later
#6042 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Same... I’m sure GLM will be back eventually... although I’m sure had I paid the inflated price they would immediately become available for regular price again knowing my luck lol.

I want one also, but I can do without. Its not like it changes gameplay at all.

1 month later
#6250 5 years ago

I'm sure everyone knew this but me, but was playing my TZ tonight and when you are in the multi-ball where you hit jackpot with the piano shot, if you hit the Powerball in there it doubles your jackpot. Got 70 million tonight from that. Just another cool thing I never knew about the game.

2 weeks later
#6315 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from jawjaw:
Is there any scoring strategies for LITZ? I get there now and then but never can come close to the default high score of 300m.
Don’t drain
(J/k)
I believe the piano shot is the biggest single shot score in that mode

I've found that getting into the upper playfield during powerball multiball scores the best. I have been able to score some 200k+ scores up there. The piano shot can bring high scores also. PB also is the easier of the two to relight for another Jackpot. doing any of that or having a solid strategy in LITZ is not easy though.

#6324 5 years ago

I despised TZ before I knew how to play it. I'd always walk up to it and the balls would drain fast before the real fun started. A friend of mine who plays tournaments showed me one night how to really play it and I fell in love. I think because it starts so damn slow and progressively gets more fun most people never really see what it has to offer. I am still learning new things about it or hearing new sounds and i've owned mine for 4+ years now.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Man, so much more to TZ than I previously thought.

1 month later
#6589 5 years ago

I'm curious now, how many people actually have clock board problems? I have had my TZ for 5 years now and never one single issue with it. I am going through it now and replacing the shell on it and was wondering weather I should bother buying the Ingo board.

#6603 5 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Any suggestions for dealing with these lifted inserts? Heat them, pound them down then glue? Anything I can do to help prevent the top from cracking/wearing more? Hesitant about putting mylar over it.

I'm in the same boat on mine. Not chipping at all yet, but i can see the ball is hitting raised inserts. I am thinking mylar also, but also maybe that playfield protector? I don't want to use the protector though if its going to change the way the ball moves and the game plays. My playfield s way to nice to do a swap.

1 week later
#6640 5 years ago

Madmax541 do you have one of those playfield protectors on your game? If so how is the gameplay with it and how did it fit? I am considering getting one for mine when I tear it down for cleaning soon.

#6667 5 years ago

I just can't see how a piece of PETG would cause airballs. I think these people who say this product is crap and changes ball dynamics are nuts. I'd love to see some real proof or someone do a REAL study on this before condemning them.

#6668 5 years ago
Quoted from DW3000:

Never had that happen on mine no matter how it’s been adjusted. I do think that the pf protector is adding enough height that it’s hitting down low and almost “flicking” the ball airborne a bit, or the ball is skipping if it’s hitting the edge of the protector. Either that or the kicker mech is loose underneath somehow and the slop is introducing some weird angle..

The height probably has nothing to do with it, these things are super thin. I could however see it hitting the edge of the lip and causing a skip. Mine shoots straight as can be also with no issues whatsoever but it is also the bare playfield and not a protector.

1 week later
#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Have a look here:
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/jd_rfb.html
This is a redesigned version. I don't deal with Great Lakes so can't comment on how they work, but they are replacements for the assemblies

GLM is MIA. Good luck buying from them.

3 weeks later
#6754 5 years ago

Anyone have the Great Lakes Modular V2 mini playfield switch kit or know where they have some in stock?

#6757 5 years ago

Twister,what is your price and is shipping prohibitive for me to order a set of these? I'd love to see the pics you have on that group page but it won't let me enlarge them because i'm not a member.

1 year later
#7884 4 years ago

I got a set of switches from twister and a shadow upper playfield shroud thst he did in black nickel. Both are amazing. Buy with confidence.

1 month later
#8206 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me the different uses of a 7/16 and 3/8 rubber rings? The manual for TZ just states bumper for the 16 small posts and now I’m thinking I bought a bunch of extra 7/16 when I should have bought more 3/8. I’ve always been a bit confused where each is typically used?

1 week later
#8254 4 years ago

I am doing a total tear down of my TZ and decided I want to look into a back panel decal or whatever since Ive got it all torn down. What is out there and does anyone know what exactly the plastic tips screwed into the back panel are for?

1 week later
#8299 4 years ago

I just rebuilt this and moved everything over to a new set of plastics. When I first plugged it back in with flashing LEDs I thought I rewired it wrong. I came to find out that the led flashers won’t work in the sockets? When I put the regular back in its working. Any ideas why this is happening? Also I got the 5 blinking bulbs for the back box and they don’t blink I. The black sockets that are marked for flashers. When I put regular in they Work.
16494304-9272-4534-A65A-D5E1315876E9 (resized).jpeg16494304-9272-4534-A65A-D5E1315876E9 (resized).jpeg

#8308 4 years ago

So I am deep into a very detailed restore on my TZ that had a gorgeous playfield until I pulled up some Mylar and pulled one of my insert faces with it. I remember seeing someone makes decals for inserts or what is the best way to deal with this. I am beyond pissed as I opted not to do a playfield swap because the playfield was so nice. Can this be fixed without this insert sticking out like a sore thumb?

1 week later
#8367 4 years ago

Who has time to pay attention to the clock with everything going on? I can’t!

#8368 4 years ago

I am in the process of repopulating my upper playfield after swapping a new one in. I got Twisters switch kit and it’s been laying around for awile now. Did it come with instructions? If not does anyone know what exactly has to be done with all the parts? I can do the work no problem but without instructions I’m pretty worthless. I would appreciate any help I can get figuring this out. I can see the pads on the switches for the wires but what are the com, no and no pads for?

#8371 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

In clock Chaos, doesn't it change the direction of the clock endlessly until it times out? So If you keep hitting the clock target you can keep it going no?

It definitely keeps adding time the more you hit the clock target. I’ve racked up some pretty high scores doing that. I’ve also drained a lot attempting it.

#8406 4 years ago

I finished swapping my mini playfield and the magnets are switched. When I hit the left button the right magnet works and same for the right to the left magnet. The only thing I can think of is somehow I accidentally reversed the magnets when I moved them over? Of maybe the two plugs that are reversed that are the same for the mini playfield(colors match so I doubt it is that. The playfield was a complete BITCH to get back in and everything right on. I pray I don’t have to take it out and check under the mini playfield. here’s a pic of the finished product back in the game with twisters switch kit installed.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8412 4 years ago

So here is my update. I had somehow switched the two magnets. When I got under there I realized also that by doing that I was also not able to get all the wires flush and that was causing a clearance issue that made it hard to connect the mini playfield to not mount easily. The second time around was a piece of cake and all is well now. I am getting into playfield swaps and gaining confidence and experience every time I do something like this. Ive learned a valuable lesson from this swap. Be patient and check and double check all of your work. I made some really sloppy dumb mistakes that could have been avoided by taking more time. I also now k ow that drilling holes and or dimpling a playfield and doing the pop bumper countersink is a piece of cake. I used to be terrified of drilling on a playfield. I’m not sure why people seem to have trouble with clear chipping mine go so smooth and clean.

1 week later
#8433 4 years ago

Twisters kit is fantastic. I just swapped out my mini playfield with a new cpr and twisters kit and it looks and functions perfectly.

2 weeks later
#8579 4 years ago

I was extremely happy with my TZ switch kit from Twister. I swapped the upper playfield for a new CPR and did Twisters kit and it looks fantastic.

A0AFCA57-8067-411B-A55D-63F1E3CE3016 (resized).jpegA0AFCA57-8067-411B-A55D-63F1E3CE3016 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8673 3 years ago

I’ve had my TZ for over 5 years and just cleaned it up and got everything 100%. I’ve never had an issue with my clock since I’ve owned it and all of a sudden my clock won’t reset to 12 and shows an error. On top of that the game is telling me it can’t locate the balls and they are all in there. Is this what happens when the clock stops working or are these separate issues? I have until now resisted getting one of ingo’s clock boards but now I guess it’s going to happen.

3 years later
#14463 7 months ago

I wouldn’t buy a damn thing from Mirco. Man can’t be trusted and has known issues on top of being a thief.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
$ 1,059.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Squeakman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.