IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sammy31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#725 9 years ago

Got my TZ a couple ago...great game. Clearcoat on it is not the greatest so I ordered one of those playfield protectors. I hope it works well.

#727 9 years ago

...too late already ordered it

balls just starting to chip away at inserts...going to touch up and put this on...wax will only help so much i'm afraid...new playfield costs are ridiculous...

If it's fugly, it can always come off

1 month later
#798 9 years ago

Finished putting that TZ playfield protector on. Some were interested in the results.

Results are very good! Been playing it for a couple of weeks and no issues.

Ball play was a little different initially. I hesitated to wax because some people said they scratched their playfield. I eventually waxed it anyways (staying away from the edges so as not to get wax under the playfield) and had no problems with scratching. Now the ball travels much the same speed as it did without the playfield protector. Now I can play worry free of the playfield getting beat up...nice feeling.

I checked my pinballs for wear before playing my initial games on the new surface. So far it is resisting well to any scratches (even at the outhole). Game looks like new for 150$ and a bit of work. Overall i'm very happy I did this and may also do it for my STTNG.

2 years later
#5580 6 years ago

Anybody looking to sell their unused pinbits 3rd magnet kit for TZ?

I've tried to contact Pinbits to see if they are going to make a new batch but they are not getting back to me...

3 weeks later
#5720 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

It is a great game. I'm struggling to fall in love with mine, possibly because it feels so brutal. My slot machine kickout, for example, is like returning a pro tennis serve. Played on another TZ at the weekend that had a much gentler and consistent kickout, and it was quite the revelation. I guess every TZ is a character in its own right.

Check to see if you have the proper coil kicking back that ball...

#5763 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You know what the insane thing is? My game just turned 25 years old a couple weeks ago. (Apr 8th, 1993.) Before I got the playfield restored in '16, I had *none* of these issues. The game was rock solid. Well, except for a few very bad spots on the playfield.. Mechanically, though, NOTHING broke. Never had to replace a switch. Never had to adjust the lock kickout. Never had the outhole or ball eject assemblies sticking.
Get playfield all beautified, reassemble it, and.. nothing but issues. Non-stop. From shorting of switch column, to a set of optos randomly closing, to switches falling apart and sticking assemblies.. Argh.

This is not very encouraging...I'll be replacing my playfield this summer...

1 month later
#5918 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

OK - I'm sold on the Twilight Zone Mirco Repro Playfield product. Now, which repro TZ playfield should I buy (the 2 magnet or 3 magnet version? If I go with the 3 magnet version - what else do I have to purchase?
Thanks

I bought the mirco playfield with 3 magnets.
If you want the 3rd magnet option to work a good idea is to get pinbits 3rd magnet kit. They are out of stock at the moment but they said they would make some more in June sometime. You will also need the magnet and core as these don't come with the kit.

4 weeks later
#6032 5 years ago

I bought pin gizmos 3rd magnet kit but apparently there was an update to it fixing a bug with the wiring.
Does anyone know what the problem was? Apparently it had something to do with swapping 2 wires around....

#6034 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I installed the Pinbits 3rd magnet kit in 2009. Not familiar with the Pin Gizmos kit. I don't know if this helps, but the installation instructions for the Pinbits kit reside here:http://iobium.com/third_magnet_project.htm

I willl take a look at the wiring maybe they are similar. It may help. Thanks

5 months later
#6674 5 years ago

I had a of protector on my TZ. Yes it caused airballs from the rocket.
Problem solved when I used a cliffy in the slot. Yes cliffy was on top of the plastic. I think the ball was hitting the edge of the plastic and getting airborne. The cliffy levelled it out.
Since then I have done a playfield swap and am not using the protector any more. Using Mylar in key areas.

11 months later
#7695 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Yes..in the ball trough small board located there...check how close the ball is sitting next to the sensor...sometimes you need to replace the wire connectors and solder the wires to the board directly
...i believe if the metal ball is sensed the light is red on the other small, board its wired to.

I had some issues...found cold solder joints at the connector pins. Flowed some new solder and all is now fine again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 79.50
$ 14.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sammy31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Sammy31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.