IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8928 3 years ago

I finally made it into the club!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8930 3 years ago

I'm leaning towards doing a Rockstar Sparle on all the legs, the lockdown bar, side rails, and backbox hinges. Thoughts?

#8935 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

if the shop that applies it does it right

This is true of any powdercoat. I have a large company near me that does powder coating but they told me they don't use Prismatic Powders not even if I provide the powder ... not sure what to make of that as I have no idea about the process. They did say that they can match it and apply a similar sparkle clear coat but it will be from their supplier. Not sure what to make of that.

#8937 3 years ago

I'm sure they do. I still plan on having them do the work as I like to support the local business folks not to mention its a lot more convenient to drive 15 minutes to their establishment and speak to them in person about the project then it is to ship this stuff out and never have a chance to see it before you pay.

The biggest problem I have is actually getting stuff to them as their powder coat guy only works 8AM-4PM M-F, and these are my exact work hours

I actually purchased all new raw legs, side rails, and hinges for this project from pinballlife.com, if I like how it comes out I may do a turn around on the stuff removed from TZ to do the same job on my STTNG

#8957 3 years ago

Super newb question...I dont see lamp 81 (Left Spiral) light in lamp test and its not shown on the Lamp Location page Can someone point me in the right direction please?

#8960 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The yellow one glowing in my pic. It hangs off the side of the mini playfield near the upper left flipper.

Thank you, I see the empty lamp socket now, a missing bulb would be a good reason why it's not lighting.

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from MudMuppet:

Is there anyone here and willing to burn 9.4hc and send to Australia for me?

nope

1 week later
#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Asking a bit much I think

a bit??? LOL

#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I just swapped a new opto board in under the playfield (previous had a leaky cap, fixed that, but not the problem) and it doesn’t have any power — the LED is off.

Did you actually measure the power input to the board at J5-2, or are you relying on the light to tell you the board has no power? I only ask that as often times a leaky capacitor will corrode the through holes under the capacitor and break the connections.

#9022 3 years ago

This may have already been answered in this forum but with 9K entries, it will take me awhile to work through them. I noticed that if I tell my game to load 4 balls to the gumball, it will comply and load them but then it wont load a ball to the shooter lane at game start and it just runs continuous ball searches, and I clearly see two in the trough; the question I have is how does the game know how many balls are in the gumball machine?

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Did you put a total of 7 balls in the game?
If you increase the number in the gumball machine, you need to add a ball to the game.

Thanks for the help guys, adding a 7th ball took care of the issue.

#9035 3 years ago

This is everywhere it goes; you will want to start by isolating a short between power at J109-5 and ground as well as resistance between J109-5 and returns at J125-6, J125-8, and J124-1 to look for broken wires as you should read the resistance of the coils here. You should also check between ground and J125-6, J125-8, and J124-1 as a short here would power on the appropriate coil and would be caused by either a shorted/pinched wire or a shorted transistor. Hope this helps.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from Automata90:

Thank you, I did it myself, if any of you is interested I think I could make a couple more. I have a Dredd too that is really cool.

I'm interested!

#9037 3 years ago

Can someone confirm what size coil should be in the Shooter Lane Diverter?

My TZ has a SZ-34-3500 which according to the page 5-55 of the 1993 Bally/Midway Grey parts catalog and page 2-29 of the TZ manual confirms this is the correct part, Marco on the other hand shows this is a Funhouse only part.

The Solenoid table on page 2-52 of the TZ manual calls for a SZ-33-3000 coil here, this is confirmed by item 1591 of the TZ build parts list, Marco shows the SZ-33-3000 coil is for both TZ and DM and Planetary Pinball has the SZ-33-3000 coil wrapper as part of the TZ coil wrapper kit.

This is always the problem with having too much info...

#9040 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

the coil should be SZ-33-3000

Thanks Coyote ... I appreciate the clarification and will plan on replacing it; this coil is stronger and should help my gate out that seems lethargic when it moves.

2 months later
#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

I moved and the only good space for my TZ is by the window. Does anyone know of a cover I could get?

For the window? I would just paint it black

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

In preparation for my upcoming TZ, I'd like to upgrade the ROM to 9.4h. I have the programmer, however I would welcome the reference of the ROM chip to order, along with the ROM binary and it's reference.

The file size is 512KB so you need a 4M ROM to burn the code into.

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

Ya it was a bit corroded when I got it. I will have a look at it. Is it worth it to just switch to the nvram? I heard it doesnt save the time and date tho. It's cool how the playfield clock shows the correct time when idle

You are going to have to address the corrosion first, but after that regardless if you install NVRAM or not, but afterwards:

In my opinion ... just install AA lithium batteries and don't worry about it. NVRAM is nice as you don't ever have to buy batteries again but your clock will act as an hour meter, which is also not bad if this is the information you want to have.

Full disclosure, I have been using this type of battery in everything that takes 9v, AA, or AAA batteries ever since they came out. I never change them until they die and have never had one leak. I have also never been woken up at 3AM from a smoke detector chirping because the backup battery is low using these, this in itself justifies the higher cost IMO.

In 2015 I made a post promising to let folks know when the lithium batteries in my fully restored STTNG dies and gave me the "Reset to Factory Defaults" message, it could be tomorrow and it may be 5 years from now; I can tell you with certainty I'm not loosing any sleep having 5 year old batteries in my pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-battery-leakage#post-3403024

#9361 3 years ago

Please don't shoot the messenger here as I'm only providing information that I've seen over a long period of time.

Quoted from bikefreak:

TP2 4.912v (5v)

This is terrible on the driver board itself as it should never be below 5V at the test point.

Quoted from bikefreak:

Replacing the LM323K 5V regulator with more modern one sounds like a good idea

It does and its a decent board but these come with their own long issues and they are throw away parts where the original LM323K were designed for long term continuous operation.

#9362 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

With this all said and about to put in the KAHR board, is any of this necessary? (sounds like no based on my reading)

This is the best post I've ever seen that explains why the KAHR board is not a permanent solution.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-pinball-keeps-turning-of-and-on-instantly#post-5959849

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Pin_Guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.