IMG_0402 (resized).JPG
IMG_0401 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mneubey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6777 5 years ago

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone could scan the door area of the playfield for me. I stupidly started a separate thread, then thought better of it. It's this section -

image_63752_1 (resized).jpgimage_63752_1 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6957 5 years ago

Does anyone know if anyone still sells the clear clock housing? The only ones ive come across are blue, yellow and red.

#6960 5 years ago

Sweeeeeet! You are my hero. Was thinking it was pretty pricey at first, but realized it was aud, which comes out to about 69 bucks usd for both shipped according to googles conversion thing

#6969 5 years ago

Fwiw, i just finished redoing my entire playfield and don't recall seeing that part. I even catalogued each metal piece, and don't see it in the pics. I could be wrong, but don't remember it.

Quoted from MMP:

I am missing a reference picture for this piece. Does anyone know where this metal spacer belongs?
[quoted image]

#6976 5 years ago

Can someone tell me where this plastic goes? Apparently my machine didnt have it before the restoration - it's the one extra i have from the new set that I can't figure out

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#6978 5 years ago

Awesome, was thinking that may have been the case. Thanks for the help!

Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s supposed to go above the left orbit, but it was removed before production.

#6981 5 years ago

I think there's a little pin that you have to knock out. If i remember correctly, you can use a tiny screwdriver or something to punch it out.

Quoted from monkfe:

Gumball popper (VUK)- I was attempting to replace the gumball popper coil sleeve, but can't seem to figure out how to remove the ball pop from the end of the shaft? Anyone got the skinny on this....I'm trying not to remove the optos to bench it just to do this...I'm sure its easy once you know how...

2 weeks later
#7023 4 years ago

Anyone have any idea what this is? Looks homemade - is it from a mod or something? On the left side of my backbox.

20190427_174825 (resized).jpg20190427_174825 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#7106 4 years ago

I'm currently in the process of a full resto as well -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-restoration-1

I'm happy to help if u need some extra pics

Quoted from McSquid:

Does anyone here who has completed a restoration or a teardown of TZ still have their reference photos from that process? I usually take hundreds of pictures as I'm taking things apart, but the one I am restoring was damaged/incomplete in many ways. I'm close to the point where I need to start putting things back together, but I know I'm going to hit an informational wall especially when I'm reconstructing the playfield.
My restoration is being documented here if anyone is interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-restoration-2

#7108 4 years ago

Same to you! Ive been enjoying your thread so far! Your playfield looks great now. Hit me up when u get to that point

Quoted from McSquid:

Thanks a ton! ill definitely need some. My game is likely missing parts I dont even know exist. So putting it back together is going to be a challenge.
I'll be following along with your work. Good luck to us both!

#7113 4 years ago

Could your wire gate that keeps it from rolling back into the trough be broken? Ive had that happen a few times

Quoted from Adipocere:

Here's an irritating issue I've had for awhile: When a ball gets sent from the ball trough outhole kicker to the shooter, the ball (more often than not) strikes the little post and bounces back into the trough instead of going to the shooter. This happens sometimes 3-4 times before it finally gets to where it needs to go. Is this a leveling issue (the table seems level), something screwy with the kicker/trough itself, or just another quirk of this game? Looking for some ideas on where to start.
Thanks in advance!

#7115 4 years ago

Yep, thats the one. If u take off the apron its pretty easy to access. It just keeps the ball from rolling back. Just a thought, may be it

Quoted from Adipocere:

Hmm. What is this wire gate you speak of? A cursory examination of my trough does not show one. Perhaps this is the issue...
Pic below. I also scanned Marco real quick: am I possibly missing this part, or another one?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6542
[quoted image]

20190522_095611 (resized).jpg20190522_095611 (resized).jpg
#7116 4 years ago

Actually, sorry .. After rereading, it may not be ur issue. The gate just keeps it from falling back out of the trough when its kicked into the trough after a drain. Worth taking off the apron to see if anytging else could be adjusted though

2 weeks later
#7179 4 years ago

Quick question ... The red wire on the right was just kinda jammed into what looked like a disc capacitor when i took this thing out, but it's no longer there, and i doubt it's the way its supposed to be. Anyone have any insight into this? Doesn't seem like anything even needs to be in between them.

20190610_220742 (resized).jpg20190610_220742 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7317 4 years ago

quick question ... My clock on my TZ is some kind of early repro I believe. I got it working, and to read all of the optos correctly, but once the clock mode in the actual game starts, it quits working correctly, and the top opto becomes stuck on the minute hand. After taking the clock apart, it will work again until the in-game mode. My question is if this is a typical issue with the clock board, and if it's something that will likely be fixed with Ingo's replacement clock board?

#7321 4 years ago

Thanks for the insight into this. I feel pretty comfortable that will take care of my issue, so just purchased one of his boards. Seems like the most frustrating problem by far. Will be nice to take care of it once and for all.

#7325 4 years ago

Im sure its hacked, but can anyone identify this connector? Or is this the random hanging yellow wire?

20190723_205150_HDR (resized).jpg20190723_205150_HDR (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7344 4 years ago

Is pinball life the only place to get 545 bulbs?

#7347 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like he sells them in sets of 10 as well for 10 bucks. ebay.com link: i

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Someone on Ebay has been selling them for a while, but you have to buy 100 at a time:
ebay.com link » 100 Oem Ge 545 Miniature Pinball Lamp Light Bulb Blinker Insert Wedge Base 21003

3 years later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 12.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mneubey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Mneubey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.