image (resized).jpg
tz_ball_shooter_lane_feeder (resized).png
IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240401-094638 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5897 Updated 9.4H manual with corrections from Coyote Posted by Coyote (5 years ago)

Post #8716 Have your picture taken in the translight Posted by Neal_W (3 years ago)

Post #10381 Switching to stereo sound. Posted by hawknole (2 years ago)

Post #11803 How to Add 3rd Magnet. Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #11810 Third Magnet Parts List Posted by mbaumle (2 years ago)

Post #13048 Board replacement options. Posted by DumbAss (1 year ago)

Post #14049 Flipper cabinet opto board data Posted by DumbAss (10 months ago)

Post #14166 More key board data Posted by DumbAss (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5865 5 years ago

Hello all - new member here. I just pick up my Twilight Zone Friday. Somebody has butchered it a little and I'm in the process of sorting it out. I have a backboard question. Please see photo. The middle piece was my backboard and the top peice was shoved in front of it to block the view of the wires. The bottom peice is my homemade replacement. Has anybody seen a short backboard like this before? Also, what are the metal brackets for. I can't figure out when they would come into play but I saw them on other TZs so I installed them on my replacement. Thanks in advance.

20180519_183752 (resized).jpg20180519_183752 (resized).jpg

20180520_141303 (resized).jpg20180520_141303 (resized).jpg

#5870 5 years ago

Still sorting out my “new to me” TZ. Got a question about how the mini playfield is attached. Looking at the sticker on the bottom of the cabinet it says to loosen nut A and B and removed screw C. My A connection doesn’t have a bracket attached to it. Only the B side does. I think I’m missing the A side bracket. Does anyone have a photo of it or a source to purchase it?

#5871 5 years ago

Forgot the diagram.

20180521_152539 (resized).jpg20180521_152539 (resized).jpg

#5874 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I will go through my teardown pics tonight. I have one somewhere.
Bother side front starposts should have a bracket attachment, yes.

I thought it should. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#5876 5 years ago

Oh Yeah - That's it. Any idea where a can score one? Haven't seen it at the "usual" places.

#5877 5 years ago

It seems like the mini playfield bracket I’m missing is a bit of a problem child to source. Please see above photo. Can someone maybe sketch it out with measurements so I can make one? Thanks in advance.

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Looking from the back of the playfield. (Front of playfield towards top of image.)

Things are looking up. Thanks to Coyote for providing me the picture of my missing mini playfield bracket. Because of the picture I new what it looked like and since I have the game a was able to figure out the height it needed to be. I first made a paper template and then cut a new one out of sheet metal. The end result turned out fairly good.

9C51E08A-7303-4249-B812-72954C29BA90 (resized).jpeg9C51E08A-7303-4249-B812-72954C29BA90 (resized).jpeg
88530172-C849-427B-8FA0-AB34393E69D3 (resized).jpeg88530172-C849-427B-8FA0-AB34393E69D3 (resized).jpeg

#5908 5 years ago

Hello All - I was thinking about getting a new Twilight Zone Mirco Repro Playfield set for my game. How is the quality? Wanting to get some feedback before I pull the trigger on it. Also, I was wondering which one I should get (the 2 magnet or 3 magnet version). Your input is greatly appreciated.

#5912 5 years ago

OK - I'm sold on the Twilight Zone Mirco Repro Playfield product. Now, which repro TZ playfield should I buy (the 2 magnet or 3 magnet version? If I go with the 3 magnet version - what else do I have to purchase?

Thanks

3 weeks later
#6001 5 years ago

Hello all,
I need a little help here. I’ve had my TZ for month now and just finished with my “to do list”. It looks great now. Of course, as you're working through any good “ to do list” you always find other things to do. That leads me to my current problem. The last thing I did was rebuild my playfield clock. The thing passes all tests and works as it should. It even shows the time set on the pinballl machine. The problem is, the time never advances on my MPU. It holds the time I set but never advances the time or date so my playfield clock always shows the same time when the game is in attract mode. If I change the time on the mpu it changes my time on the playfield clock but neither will advance on their own. Anybody have any ideas?

#6003 5 years ago

No NVRam here. Just have the remote battery pack on this one. I think I’ll pull the batteries and let it go back to factory settings. Don’t think I have ever done it on this game since I’ve had it. Who knows, I might get lucky.

2 months later
#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

As had been mentioned to me by Coyote, the recommended fix for this is to cut off the connectors at both ends, twist the wires, and solder the wires directly to the pins. I did this with my glitchy sensor, and I have not had a problem since.

I totally agree. Cutting off the connectors sounds like a hack but it is a necessary evil. Those wimpy pins can't hold up to the vibration of all the coil activity in that area of the playfield. I directly soldered a single twisted pair of data line to the underside of the two little boards and never had a problem again. Doing it to the underside of the boards always gives you the option of going back to the cable with the connectors if so desired.

#6211 5 years ago

There has been a lot of talk about flashers lately and it got me thinking about my game. All my flashers work as they should with a big pop of light when I run the flasher test except one. The one in question is in the light pole. There is actually 2 bulbs that flash when testing that circuit (the one in the bottom of the mini playfield and the one in the light pole). The mini playfield works perfectly while the light pole flasher barely does anything. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

#6213 5 years ago

Yes, I have tried different bulbs both LED and old school with no change.

1 week later
#6242 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Where does this plugin I cant find a plug
[quoted image]

I think that one goes to the switch on the ramp. Here is a couple shots of mine.

20180831_165721 (resized).jpg20180831_165721 (resized).jpg20180831_165855 (resized).jpg20180831_165855 (resized).jpg
#6244 5 years ago

Hey TZ fans. I bought this little guy awhile ago and was trying to figure out where to stick him in the game. He is just static but I think he adds the correct vibe to the game. Took me a while to figure out how to get him to stay in that spot. I finally decided to run stainless steel wire through the inside of his clothes to keep him secure and to hold his pose. I haven't seen one added to a TZ before and thought it looked kind of cool.

#6245 5 years ago

Sorry, the photo was on my phone. Had to make a second post.

20180901_154930 (resized).jpg20180901_154930 (resized).jpg
#6246 5 years ago

Here is the back side. He is connected in two spots.

20180901_153920 (resized).jpg20180901_153920 (resized).jpg
#6248 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I would stick him in the base of the cabinet, right at the back.

Tried that first. The viewing angle was wrong. Couldn't see the face while playing. My next choice was next to Robbie in the middle back. That was ok but the two toys were kind of close to each other.

1 week later
#6293 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

tried an original 555 bulb and does not work. used the light in the start button and it doesnt work in the buy in button slot. when i measure the voltage in the socket i am only getting abou 1.5 volts max. If i measure the voltage in front of the diode i get 7 volts. I used a 1n4004 diode is that the correct diode. not sure what else to check here? any help greatly appreciated!

The bulb should be a 555. Funny, I don't remember a diode on that switch. I'll check mine out tomorrow.

#6297 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

tried an original 555 bulb and does not work. used the light in the start button and it doesnt work in the buy in button slot. when i measure the voltage in the socket i am only getting abou 1.5 volts max. If i measure the voltage in front of the diode i get 7 volts. I used a 1n4004 diode is that the correct diode. not sure what else to check here? any help greatly appreciated!

So the buy in button has a diode while the start button does not. Interesting. Anyway, I bet your socket is just flaky. Install a known good 555 bulb and start the light test for that light only. Jiggle the terminals on the back of the buy in switch while the test is running. I bet you can get it to work. Seems like those sockets are a little unreliable in my opinion. If that doesn't work you have a broken wire or a bad transistor.

20180911_120529 (resized).jpg20180911_120529 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6388 5 years ago

Hey TZ fans - I have a strange issue or maybe I don't. I'm not really sure. My game plays great. I have a newer Rotten Dog MPU installed with the remote battery pack and fresh batteries. About every 10 to 15 power ons the game reports "factory settings restored". The funny thing is my settings are all still there including free play. I just ignore it and continue to play on until it show up the next time. Is this one of the undocumented features????? Anybody else seeing this?

#6400 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Hmm... Didn't know that Rottendog mpu's had a history with draining batteries. That would explain why my Congo went through fresh lithium batteries in less than a year lately. Expected them to last a long time but only went around 9 months.
If you are having worst problems with batteries, I would look into nvram. Not sure if that is a pain to put in a Rottendog board but it sure is nice not to have to deal with batteries. You loose some features like the clock telling the correct time but I wouldn't call that a big deal if you have to change batteries often.

It does seems like the Rotten Dog board is eating my batteries. The batteries are testing weak after only a couple months. Got to have my clock working so NVRam isn’t an option on TZ for me. Has anybody tried a memory capacitor on a Rotten Dog MPU? In theory I think it should work.

#6407 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Your clock is still going to work with nvram. It just won't show the correct time in attract mode since the time will reset every time you power cycle the game.

Yeah - I realize that but want I it to display the correct time because I’m anal like that.

5 months later
#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

Hi
The vertical wood plate at the end of the playfield is missing on my TZ.
Can anyone give me the dimensions of this plate?
The height and thickness. So I will be able to build a new one.
Thanks

Check my post 5865 in this thread. I had the same issue. The plywood is 3/4” thick and it is 6 1/2” tall. The width is the same as the playfield.

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

Thanks a lot for the informations ! I will have a look to the post you suggest.

No problem but I told you the worng thickness. It should be 1/2".

1 week later
#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I don't think its so bad... it's not like detailed board soldering. It can be done with a basic soldering iron and basic skills. Youtube has some tutorial videos.
Hey, I have a question for anyone who has rebuilt the clock mech. I am assembling now after cleaning and I am wondering if the plastic gears should be lubricated or if they are better left alone.

Lube them. Your clock will be much quieter. I use teflon made for skateboard bearings. Works great.

1 month later
#7014 4 years ago

You also should consider replacing that cap if you haven’t already. Old caps can cause all sorts of sound issues.

3 weeks later
#7104 4 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys my TZ is missing the bracket that goes under the mini playfield. It is this two-part assembly in the attached pics, do anyone has a spare that could sell to me? Or can you suggest a website that sells it?? Thanks!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did anybody chime in on this? I need the smaller of the two parts also. Had to fabricate my own but would love an original.

#7128 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

As someone may have mentioned before, that might not be sufficient. It will work perhaps in the short term, but as time goes on, with vibration and all, it might work its way loose again. See how it goes, but the only true solution is to solder the wires directly to the pins on one end, twisting the wires, and then soldering the other end.

I totally agree with this. The problem will return until the wires have been soldered in place. I soldered to the backside of the boards. It seemed a little less offensive visually.

4 months later
#7550 4 years ago

Is it just me or do others feel my pain? Lifting the playfield on my TZ is challenging. It’s doable but takes some effort. I think it is just because it is a wide body and there is so much stuff mounted on the playfield. The playfield also likes to bind along the sides on the way up and down. For that reason I would never consider using art blades on this title. I always cringe when I use the playfield prop stick. Seems like it is being stressed to the limit. It is very rare that i can get the playfield to locked into place on the first try.

1 week later
#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from mathiaswallin:

My mini-playfield stopped working all of a sudden, magnets doesnt move balls anymore. Entry-switch as well as magnets works in test. I'm clueless.
Could it be something as simple as the balls or where should I start?
Also the gum ball Popper doesnt work, How do I check if the Opto is broken or clogged or whatever the fault might be?
Could it all be connected and its something with the opto-board?

Start by checking all the fuses with a multi meter. My TZ likes to pop a solenoid fuse if I lift the playfield will the balls installed in the gumball machine. Because of that I always remove all the balls before lifting the playfield and never had a problem again. If you lift the playfield with the balls in the gumball machine one always falls into the opto sensor path and causes the solenoid to fire when you turn on the game. It seems that extra power draw is just enough to pop the fuse.

#7617 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I might be going mad but I turned on my TZ this morning to check something, and whilst the Grand Champion score was right, the other ones were default scores. I'm almost certain they weren't the last time I used it as it would be pretty fantastical to have a GC score with none below it. The game booted without complaint or error (so not "Factory Settings Restored" or anything). Any ideas?

Are you still using AA batteries? Weak batteries can cause issues. You start losing some settings while others remain. You can swap them while the game is tuned on if you're careful. That lets you retain the settings / scores you have left.

6 months later
#8589 3 years ago

Got a knocker question. My knocker sounds pretty lame. I dug into the mechanism and found it to be the wrong part number. The book says it should be a AE-23-800. If memory serves, this era game doesn't use a diode in the assembly. Is that correct?

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from harig:

IIRC the diode is on the PDB board thus not needed on the coil though does not harm if installed there as well...

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought it wasn't needed but stuck it on there anyway (just in case my memory was failing me). My knocker is now nice and loud and the extra diode won't hurt anything.

4 weeks later
#8682 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Started a tear down today. WTF was I thinking ?!?
How do you guys deal with the plastics that have rivets? I don’t have a riveting tool; thinking about just doing nuts & bolts to replace the plastics that have embedded light sockets.
Also: how in THE HELL are you supposed to remove the gumball machine? I can’t figure out the plastics and the gumball itself to clean what looks like 20+ years of grime.
Also also: since I don’t have the flasher sockets and my plastic set didn’t come with any, I may have to leave the existing plastics to the left of the gumball. That’s gonna bother me!

Rivets are easy. Drill them out with a good 1/8" bit from the underside. Usually I just pop rivet in the replacements (aluminum rivets). Pop rivet guns are cheap and used often in pin repairs. Old school rivets aren't that bad to deal will but do require a little skill. If you do pop rivets make sure you also buy the correct size aluminum washers (sold in the same isle). The idea is to sandwich the pinball plastics between the pop rivet (top side) and aluminum washer (bottom side).

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I appreciate the encouragement. Are pop rivet tools available at Harbor Freight, for example? (Just noticed an ACTUAL store near me). I don’t care quite as much about authenticity but if it’s low risk to destroying the plastic I’ll give it a shot - otherwise it’s nut & bolt combos from here on out..

I have never broken a plastic with a pop rivet gun (knock on wood). Harbor Freight does carry them. Just don't forget the washers.

1 week later
#8729 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Picture of the cards installed. This is just standard stock paper cut to 6" x 3.25". I'm quite happy with these.
[quoted image]

Those new cards do look pretty good. Thanks for doing these.

20200603_180657 (resized).jpg20200603_180657 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8763 3 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I messed with it for a bit tonight. It looked like the lamp was cut off and never soldered back. The molex connector was still plugged and the yellow and red wire was there. I soldered it into a lamp. It works, but when a bulb is plugged in, the slot machine and gum all lights stay lit or get brighter, so I’m kind of lost.
Attached are the two connections I’m referring too (image from google)
[quoted image]

So you said you put in a new lamp. I assume that it was a new socket that you installed. Did you also install the diode? Coyote is correct when he says it might be a diode. Looking at the photo you provided it appears the red wire gets the diode and the diode band should be facing away from the socket. If you implement that fix, your problem should go away.

2 weeks later
#8813 3 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Need some quick help. For some reason I disconnected this molex connector from the power driver board. I can't seem to figure out where it goes and don't want to guess. I think it looks like it would go into J122, BUT the board connector seems to be one pin bigger, so that makes me think that isn't right.
Anyway, here are the pix. Any info would be appreciated...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a color DMD in your game? That looks like the high voltage cable needed for the OEM display. Not needed if you now have a color DMD.

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have one of those. It's not fiber optics though; it's EL-Wire shining into holes punched in a piece of black metal glued on top of the routed-out backboard. That looked GREAT when I first got it. A few years on, you can't even see the light, because the wire has dimmed too much. It is a royal pain to replace, so I am considering just getting a backboard sticker.

EL wire has a very short shelf life. Making mods with it is usually a bad idea. Hopefully it didn't run you too much.

3 weeks later
#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I added new sound and cpu Roms today but my display slowly get squiggly after about 30 seconds of leaving it on. Any idea why this is happening and what to check?

That’s kind of on the weird side. I take it the sound and game play fine after the chip swap? If that is the case, you probably just need to reset the ribbon cable that goes to your display. It probably shifted a bit went you did the chip swap.

1 week later
#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Having an issue with ball getting hung up leaving mini playfield ... Dropping down getting hung up on top of the metal flange . Seems like it’s not moving back to its original position. I bent it back and was working for a few days .. now it’s hanging up again . Looks like the metal gate is hanging up . Maybe needs lubrication ? Just wanna see if anyone has have the same problem

I'm confused by the metal gate comment. A picture showing the problem area might help. First thing that came to mind for me is your balls are magnetized and need replaced.

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So installed the push rod on the correct side, and now it works. My only complaint on the diverter now is the fact that it doesn’t sit as low as I would like. It works ok, but it looks like the rod is about an 1/8 inch too short. I wonder if this is the difference is because I’m using an after market playfield?
Also...MY CLOCK IS LOUD!! any tips for quieting it down?

A properly lubed clock is still audible with the glass on but it has a nice controlled mechanical sound. One in the need of a lube job sounds painful like it is about to burst under stress. Clean and lube the gears with Teflon and I think you’ll be happy with the results.

2 months later
#9149 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

The opto design flaw was due to inferior semiconductor materials used on the original 1990s components. Electronics have come a long way since those days. The adaptation of RoHS (non Pb content) has forced semiconductor design to accommodate higher temperatures for normal operation.
Current design opto couplers have overcome the reliability issues. Also, one of the biggest problems with the original clock board was the use of four socketed incandescent lamps mounted parallel to the circuit board; they collectively produced excessive heat which damaged the glass epoxy PC board material and copper traces, and prematurely aged the opto couplers, resulting in electrical failure.
That's all been prevented by the use of LEDs. This design uses 12 LEDs to evenly backlight the clock face, with minimal heat being generated. They have been in operation for years now, with near zero defects. The simple design is efficient, without the use of additional components and poses no issues with setting failure codes.

So my TZ came with a Rottendog clock board. It seems like the company takes a lot of heat on Pinside but honestly I have never had a bad product from them. I did notice that your board design has more LEDs installed. Is it safe to assume more light? I would like my clock to be a little more flashy if possible. Do you have a video of it in action?

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from Ben38:

Hi
The backboard is missing on my TZ. (the wood board at the end of the playfield)
Does anyone can send me the size of this part? I will cut and paint a new one.
Thanks

Mine was missing also. It is 6 1/2 inches tall and the same width as the playfeild. Below is a link showing my replacement.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/118#post-4408756

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

I have a question regarding my TZ's bridge diverter. I was having problems where it was ejecting balls sideways 25% of the time, and then they would get stuck because of my robot mod...I've attached a pic.
I was able to improve the percentage to something more like 10% of the time by adding a washer next to the c-clip of the shaft that the diverter rotates. Also, I played with bending the shape a little of it to see if I could improve it.
I'm starting to suspect that it might be inconsistent power from the coil. But I'm definitely not sure.
Does anyone have any additional suggestions?
PS> My game is level in both directions per my digital level.
[quoted image]
EDIT: I forgot to mention one more thing: There are 2 of the horizontal steel supports for the wire form right before the diverter, and the ball rolls over those almost like speed bumps...this occasionally causes some weird motion. I wanted to also validate that the ball should be hitting those or if that is something that needs to be adjusted as well.

Here's my fix to the problem. The wire form keeps things in check. Not a fan of the magnet. It doubles the weight of the mechanism.

20201112_194316 (resized).jpg20201112_194316 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9325 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

I pulled the LEDs and put in bulbs. no light either. With the LEDs I have a very faint glow on a few.
I've read some of what emsrph linked (but need to spend much more time there).
What I've done so far:
- determined it is the orange / white-ora string
- Swapped J121 and J120 connections. (same issue as expected since I think they are just connected pins)
- Continuity test passed for Orange wire from connector to end of line (last lamp socket)
- Continuity test passed for White-Orange wire from connector to end of line (last lamp socket)
- 5v tp = 4.91v (12v and 18v also tested okay +/-. I didn't write them down but they seemed close enough and I don't think they are involved in this issue)
- Fuse F109 pulled out and continuity test passed
- put in regular bulbs and they don't work. LEDs bulbs are new and have tested as working.
Decided to see what J120 pin 2&8 let to. Well, about as far away as possible. Ended at mini-playfield lamp flasher (x2) (two flasher bulbs of 3 in the silver "street lamp" looking thing over the mini PF) Did a test of those flashers and no workie. So...
...at this point it seems it is upstream of the J121/120 connection and not the fuse since that tested okay.
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 2&8) Orange (do I connect DMM red lead to pin2 and black lead to pin8?)
What voltage should I expect at the last backboard socket of that orange string?
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 3&9) Yellow (this set of lights works)
What voltage should I be expecting at J121 (pin 5&10) Green (this set of lights works)

Sounds to me like a problem on the Power / Driver board. Most likely a bad trace. You should be able to tone test J115 to J120 / J121. There should be 5 sets of pins that tone out (1 set for each light string). If one is missing you have a bad trace or solder joint. This is a very common failure due to the heat associated with these circuits.

#9328 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

So I put brand new batteries in my machine the other day when I got it home and it seemed like it was keeping memory but then today I turned it on and said restored factory settings. I checked the voltage of the batteries and they are all good. any ideas?

Time to replace the battery box. Acid probably took out one of the battery contacts. Not that hard to do.

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

My KAHR board comes today. But still managed to go through pinwiki and troubleshoot the double flipper reset problem. Did most of the easy stuff and things checked out ok enough. I didn't change pins/connectors and fully expect them to be the issue. (or at least a strong contributor to it) Kept plugging through the list and read about the Z connector. Then kept going down the list. Getting done/checking all the easy stuff. No fixes found yet... Now needed to consider doing the harder steps... Then recalled I never reset the Z connector. Did that and "fixed" the issue. I know connector resets are temporary fixes. Removing the Z connector would fix it for good.
Here are some of the readings I got.
TP1 14.14v (12vu) (what does the vu stand for? unregulated voltage? if so, what does that mean?)
TP2 4.912v (5v)
TP3 11.96v (12v)
TP6 75.5v (50v but 75 is "normal" per wiki)
TP7 22.45v (20v)
TP8 17.6-18.2 (18v) this floated around quite a bit. Not sure if that is normal or not.
CPU pin 32 4.872v (5v)
BR2 8.5v (top left lead) I didn't know how to hook DMM up for other BR test(s)
My understanding is 5v feed is main driver for double flipper resets and 4.9+/- is probably cutting it close to the cutoff which is why it has been resetting.
Some solder joints were touched up on driver board so those are looking good.
So, based on the above, anything I should check out further? My thoughts are:
1) Replacing pins/connectors would be a good course of action
2) Remove Z connector and hardwire
3) Reassess
4) Replacing the LM323K 5V regulator with more modern one sounds like a good idea
5) I do have some of the blue capacitors (Philips) (not on MPU board but on Power driver (and sound? board)) Sounds like they are a common failure point but I don't know what failure behavior results in.
With this all said and about to put in the KAHR board, is any of this necessary? (sounds like no based on my reading)

The KAHR board is more of a bypass than a fix but it should take care of your problem. Usually resets are caused by a failing cap I believe at location C5 on the power driver board. These are though to replace If you’re not up to the task. Multi layered boards are a real pain to desolder and it is easy to screw up and cause more damage.

1 week later
#9412 3 years ago
Quoted from Parker_tz:

My Twilight Zone restore is almost done. Faded to great
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I think it deserves a color DMD. With all those bright colors the current DMD seems out of place.

4 weeks later
#9595 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Anyone have an unused, no fade, right side cabinet decal they would sell?
[quoted image]

I would say just live with the faded decal or do the entire cabinet. Getting a next gen decal would likely be easy but would look funny when compared to the OEM stuff. If the fade is bugging you the aftermarket decal being different looking will drive you just as nuts. The really good stuff is the silkscreened decals but they are a premium (but worth it). Next gen is ok but you would need to do everything. Radicals are great too but that is a totally different look.

1 week later
#9623 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

My TZ arrives in about 6 hours!
Can I join the club!!!

As long as you provide photographic proof.

2 weeks later
#9764 3 years ago
Quoted from Matrixnetuk:

hey guys is there a way of stopping or slowing down the rebound from the slot machine target
I have replaced the old bent and battered target with a new re-enforced target it has reduced the number of air balls but im still getting rebounds that i cant even see with the naked eye
Also rebounds are hitting the glass and in some cases are hitting the outlane backboards and straight out its pretty vicious
cheers
Stef

You can bend the target forward a bit or do this. Works for me.

55EE5B35-D89E-4BA8-8786-F7C658AD9B60 (resized).jpeg55EE5B35-D89E-4BA8-8786-F7C658AD9B60 (resized).jpeg
#9800 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I recently purchased a TZ and overall the game plays pretty great, but the more games I've put in the more often I've had an issue come up with the ball getting hung up in the piano trough. Every time it gets stuck its just resting on the inside right hand side of the trough and I have to take the glass down and nudge it into the hole (the game can't find it otherwise). It's tough to get a pic of but I did my best to capture what's going on. Still, I have no idea how to correct this issue, any thoughts?!
[quoted image]

If there isn't some sort of debris hanging the ball up in that area, my guess is your balls are magnetized. Replace them and see if the problem goes away. Also make sure your are side to side level and the pitch is correct.

#9876 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

Thanks. Any ideas as to how to start diagnosing this other than swapping boards? I have read through each of the club forums for my three machines and I don't recall anyone having a similar issue.

My guess is it is a voltage thing. The OEM batteries were 4 1/2 volts while I bet your coin battery is only 3. You need more juice. Just install lithium batteries in the oem holder or go with a remote battery pack.

#9926 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I am looking to put all LEDs in my game.
Do i need to add OCD board(s)?
I want all LED, so do i need a board for GI and Feature lamps?

You don't need them. I recommend just installing some quality bulbs and reassessing after doing so. I don't have them in my game. You do loose some dimming effects but it is minimal in my opinion. You can always install them after the fact.

1 week later
#10011 3 years ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

i would love to buy the pinbits gumball light kit but the website says its always out of stock and i never get any replies back when i email them. has anyone had any luck contacting them?

I just call them during normal business hours. They are usually able to help me out.

2 weeks later
#10138 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Anyone on here know where to get a new repro or NOS Twilight Zone speaker panel plexi screen?
Mine is beat to hell and before I go experimenting with sanding it to make it better wanted to see if there were any way to get a nice replacement, just in case.

Looks like these guys have it in the Netherlands.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/twilight-zone-speaker-panel.html

#10140 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Classic Arcades sells reproductions on Ebay for 100 bucks. I bought an Indiana Jones one from them when restoring, they are exact replicas.

I hope it was better than my Playboy pop caps from them. Those were total crap. The thickness was very inconsistent and looked awful when illuminated.

#10169 3 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Cheers to yours answers guys.
Well, there is no (apparent) broken weld.
However, YES the screws may be the issue: it's not that they are loose so to speak (they aren't) but more that they turn in a vaccum.
I have a pre-series TZ and there are 3x screws (i think the "normal" TZ have 2). well the middle screw is fine. however the other two, although not loose (can't turn them with my fingers for instance), turn in a vaccum if I am to use a screwdriver on them.
I have tried filling the holes with toothpicks many times and it works great, but after a little while, back to square one: I have to fil in the holes once again, re-tight the screws and the kick out is perfecft for a while...until next time.
it's not a killer, just a bit annoying to have to pop up the hood after every other game to do this procedure

Sounds like it is time to drill out the playfield holes and wood glue in the appropriate sized wood dowel. Make sure you don’t drill to deep. I always mark my bits with tape. Glue in the dowel, let it dry, sand it flush and then re-drill with a 3/32 bit to create a new pilot hole. Should be good as new after that.

2 weeks later
#10216 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just occurred to me to ask here.
So I moved my TZ into my friend’s house on a temporary trade for an Avengers LE yesterday. All was good prior to moving, once we got the TZ up my hill, into my car, 30 minutes away, down his steps, and set up, the sound no longer worked. No start up tone, no noise at all coming from the speaker. Everything else seems to be functional (a 3 ball silent game). After 2 hours of troubleshooting. We determined all LEDs on board worked according to manual, all fuses were good (removed and tested with multimeter, all connectors reseated. Finally we discovered no power was coming off of J114 on the P.C.B. to the audio board. We tested on the pins on the PCB. Well crud, moving the TZ is a pain, so how to fix remotely. He is a pin guy. We removed the TZ PCB board which had visual repairs on the back, but had never given me issues. I took the P.C.B. out of the Twilight Zone home and put it in my ST:TNG. It worked flawlessly, to include power coming off of the J114 connector. If I unplug the J114 connector in my ST:TNG the sound stops. So there was power coming off of J114 in the ST:TNG but not in the TZ using the same board. I left my known 100% and working perfectly PCB from my ST:TNG at my friend’s work this morning and hopefully that works tonight.
My questions are, is there anything I am missing? In the event that 2 separate boards (will test tonight) when inserted into a machine do not have power coming off of J114, one of them a known 100% good and tested 24 hours earlier, what is my next troubleshooting step? What step before the PCB that could go wrong would cause J114 to not get power but only J114? Other than throwing in the known good board, what else is there?
Thanks for your troubleshooting help!

I hate to state the obvious but sometimes those are the easiest things to miss. Did you check the 2 fuses and the fuse holders on the audio board? This seems like a bad fuse or broken solder joint to me.

#10224 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Wondering why those leads were swapped in the first place?

I think the simple answer was it didn't make a difference when it was incandescent bulbs so nobody cared including the assembly line folks.

1 week later
#10263 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Everyone has different experiences. The upvote & downvote button is there for just that reason. It's not a "Bible" LOL. Reproduction translites and speaker panels are just what they are- imitations of the original, therefore they will never be the original. To expect that they would be is setting the bar too high, and setting yourself up for disappointment. IMO. If it's really that important to be exactly like the original, then hold out for an original to pop up somewhere.

Normally what you say is true but when vendors flat out lie like Classic Arcades they need to be called out. This photo was taken from thier current TZ speaker panel listing.

Screenshot_20210426-211948_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210426-211948_eBay (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Legs:
Please advise me on replacement legs. The stock legs are rusty. I can't polish them back to life.
The Service Manual in section 2-3 shows a cabinet parts diagram and C-10843 for the "metal leg assembly."
Looking on Pinball Life for this part number shows leg sets for System-Eleven games, not WPC89. Are these legs sufficiently tall? Standard length should be 28-1/2", correct? No mention in this listing of length.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-system-11-chrome-legs-set-of-4.html?Category_Code=

The ribs are wrong on those. Most sites are out of the correct legs for some reason. PBR still has them.

http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

LEG-28RC

#10390 2 years ago

Just think of the power ball as a progressive jackpot. There is no way around it unless you ad a second power ball to the game. As for power ball detection, there is a metal detector in the ball eject area and a couple under the playfield. If the switch is activated and the game doesn’t detect metal it assumes the power ball is in play.

1 week later
#10432 2 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

Does anyone know if the led on the larger board is supposed to be on or not? Mine switch 26 is failing. resetting the connections isn't fixing.
Isn't there a better fix out there? (and maybe a replacement product)

Break out the soldering iron and solder the wires directly to the pins between the 2 little boards. Your connectors have failed. No need to replace them because they will only fail again. It sounds like a hack but that component needs a rock solid connection to work correctly.

#10463 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Finished shopping out my machine.
Everything works well except the lower left flipper.
Starts out strong but warms up and gets weak.
Is this coil wired correctly?
[quoted image]

It looks to me like the wires running to your end of stroke switch might be making contact with each other.

4BC8E885-2A53-4605-ABB7-2E1EAEA0BA45 (resized).jpeg4BC8E885-2A53-4605-ABB7-2E1EAEA0BA45 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10688 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Yes, the black sockets should be 545 blinkers.
I bought these : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152953759556

Funny - I didn't realize the blinking sockets were black. Someone prior to me installed a color changing random blinking LED behind the TV on the backglass. It makes it look like the tv is working (or at least trying to). It would like to get a few more of these but can't find them. Anyone have a source?

#10690 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I actually put rainbows behind the clock on the translite to match the playfield clock, which is running rainbows on Ingo's board. Looks really nice.
At any rate, you can get LED versions of blinkers and the rainbows at Comet.

I thought Comet too but they don't have any that color change randomly and blink.

#10719 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Looking at the door PCB those header pins still potentially have issues. Do a connectivity test on your DMM between the pad and the header pin - I think you'll find some pins need to be reflowed

I see the same thing - cracks in the solder joints.

#10720 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:Measured at the pads.
Having the same issue with this board.
I reflowed solder at these pins, too, but the procedure makes me nervous as each solder point is perilously close to its neighbor. Risk of shorting seems high.
Also, voltage test on the connector shows a variety of voltages, but there *is* voltage at each/every pin for both of the problem boards.

What type of solder are you using to reflow your joints?

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Developments:
Magnets:
I brought my mini-PF to Lloyd's and connected it to the harness in his game. Switches, opto, and lamps: yes. Magnets: no. Does anything in this photo jump out at you? I have continuity from the main magnet connector to each magnet connector (violet and violet/white). Remember, my Spiral magnets work, and I already tested my 8-high power driver- and power-driver boards in Lloyd's machine. Is it a grounding issue? I assume that if the the mini-PF weren't grounded properly the switches, opto, and lamps wouldn't be working - but they *did* work in my test swap. It still seems so unlikely that *both* magnets have somehow failed. I mean, I would expect a magnet to fail about as often as a standard coil - which is to say rarely if ever.
Lamps:
I brought my ailing lamp boards to Lloyd's and they work fine in his machine. I guess I have to clean my connectors somehow.
Flippers:
I borrowed Lloyd's Fliptronics board and installed it in my game. Flippers worked normally. I then put my own board back and they did not. Lloyd's inspection of my board pointed to the bridge rectifier - which he then graciously replaced - but it didn't revive the board.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

Have you Ohm tested your magnets? Sorry if I missed it. You should be able to tell instantly if your magnet coils are good. They do fail. They should test at about 4.5 Ohms. Just set your meter to Ohms and place the leads on each wire running to the coil.

#10756 2 years ago

The magnets are controlled by J124 pin 1 / 2 and J109 pin 5 / 7. How do they look? Q24 and Q26 are the control transistors. Check those out too.

#10757 2 years ago

How do you know the mini playfield magnets aren’t working? They don’t work in test or they don’t work in actual game play? There is an opto that gets tripped when the ball goes to the mini playfield in game play. If that isn’t working your magnets won’t. Check out that opto in the switch test.

#10760 2 years ago

Sorry, just looked at the manual. It is switch 44 (not a opto). Make sure that is working on your game.

#10762 2 years ago

Are you sure fuse F103 is OK? Double check it and the fuse clips with the multimeter.

2 months later
#11284 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Twilight zone blacked out with rainbows end prismatic metallic. Looks mostly black with flake indoors but shows it’s rainbow effect when it catches the light.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That does look good!

#11321 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

No balls are left in the trough when I achieve multiball (I removed the apron and looked? It’s empty)
The balls are locked and not releasing when multi ball is achieved. What’s my next step in fixing this issue.
(I did a test and the lock seems to function correctly (releases ball during the test).[quoted image][quoted image]

Go into the test menu and empty all balls. How many did the game find? I’ve seen balls get trapped in strange places and the game starts acting funny because it is down a ball. The count should be 5 regular and 1 power power.

#11331 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

6 balls are in the game.
I disconnected and reconnected the wires to the “10 opto switchboard” the game behaves the same as mentioned above but now, during multiball, the lock will release the balls about 3 minutes after the mode is started (so no balls on the playfield until the lock randomly decides to release the balls after 3-4 minutes.

How many balls are staged in the gumball machine when you start a game?

#11333 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I believe it's 3 balls.

Ok - you need to verify that. Here is what you need to do.

1) Remove all balls from the game using the option to do so in test.

2) While the balls are removed toggle over to switch test and take a photo of the results on the DMD and share that with the group.

3) Turn off the game and add the 6 balls back in the game.

4) Turn on the game and let it stage the balls. Pay attention to how many get loaded to the Gumball machine. And report back the findings.

5) Go back into test and look at switch test again. Take a photo of the DMD and share with the group.

One of us will do the same and we can compare the results. It will have to be another pinsider because my TZ is at my vacation house.

#11337 2 years ago

Perfect - Can one of you guys with a fully functional TZ repeat the test so we can compare? See post 11333.

#11387 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

I finally joined the club, and by that I mean the club of people with a 5V problem. My TZ was a little flaky with resets for a long time but re-pinning and re-connectoring J101 helped... then wiggling J101 helped... but now the game won't even boot and the 5V LED is out. So, maybe J120 was a red herring, or just one of the problems, as 5V is now completely gone.
Several years ago, this game did have BR2 replaced, and it didn't seem to make a difference in the occasional resets I had at that time. (Yay shotgun solder-and-pray fixes.)
The game has NOT had the Z-connector removed.
I do have a Kahr board knocking around.
Of course I will study the wiki resets article but if anyone has additional suggestions I'm all ears.
(I don't have a passion for maintaining the original circuits, so if there's an easy way to add a reliable external 5V supply, that would be interesting too.)

Sounds like your 5v voltage regulator failed. Check the fuses and test points to be sure. If it did, replace it with one of these: https://www.ezsbc.com/product/psu5/

1 month later
#11498 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

All this talk about Novus is making me think I need to spend a day waxing playfields .
Are you using Novus 2 as the primary wax, or to clean the playfield prior to waxing?
I've heard that Millwax is not good on new playfields (but heard some people still use it?)
I've been cleaning the playfield with Naptha, and then waxing with one of the auto/mirror finish liquid waxes (not the paste).

Novus 2 isn’t a wax at all (more of a rubbing compound). It is ok to use on most playfields when needed but needs to be followed up with wax. My favorite is Blitz. I dislike all the liquid wax products these days. They are so messy and highly diluted.

1 month later
#11672 2 years ago

I have never really been concerned with the ball bounce back on my game. It works as it should 95% of the time. Only a hot shot will bounce out. To be honest the bigger issue is the ball flying off the ramp before it gets there. I just figure it is part of the game. "Hey - it's only pinball"

#11678 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

As jawjaw posted the ball can clip the support brace under the wireform - here's a pic of the ball actually resting against the cross brace. A slo-mo video would definitely confirm if this is where the ball is coming off the wireform or at least unsettling the ball causing it not to enter the diverter correctly.
[quoted image]

I’ll have to see it that is a “thing” on my game. If memory serves I think it takes flight before that but it is very seldom. I always thought the hook in the ramp caused enough spin to pop of the rails. You have certainly given me something to look into.

4 weeks later
#11818 2 years ago
Quoted from arthurrag:

Hi,
Does anyone know what type of paint to use to touch up the inside of the cabinet? The part that gets scratched from lifting and lowering the play field. Is it flat black or semigloss or something else?
Thanks

Semi gloss or satin will work if using rattle cans. To be honest black shoe polish works great for fixing scratches and blends easily. Just put in on a rag and rub it on the problem area.

#11824 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

That's a really bad idea if you ever plan on painting that again. The shoe polish is going to soak into the grain and make a paint prep mess.

No issues at all. It does need to be cleaned before painting over but what doesn't. It is used in several industries as a touch up tool. I learned the trick from a furniture guy. It is basically wax, pigment and naphtha. Heck, most of use naphtha to clean playfields already.

#11865 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Thanks LTG. Plunger looked good and I replaced coil stop since I was in there already. EOS is not catching with manual activation and I cleaned it again to be sure.
Doesn’t seem to be binding it has play up and down.
I just went into the flipper test menu and right flipper hold makes the buzz noise but doesn’t activate the flipper.........what would that indicate?

Have you looked at your flipper opto boards? Swap them and see if the problem follows. If it does you have found the problem.

1 week later
#11914 2 years ago

My TZ mini playfield is planking. It is funny because the main playfield is fine. Anyway I want to replace the mini. Who offers the best repro?

#11917 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Mirco is the only source.

CPR does it also plus someone else I think. I was leaning towards the CPR one.

1 week later
#11936 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I've put nvram in 7 of my 8 wpc games, only TZ missing it now. I'm aware of the playfield clock won't show the current time in attract and that midnight madness won't be at 24.00 but are there any other downsides of nvram in TZ?
Normally I remove the battery holder (on board or external) when putting in nvram but maybe I should keep it in just in case me or a possible future owner want the above features back again?!
What's the general consensus about nvram and TZ; do or don't?

I really like my clock being correct. Just install some lithium batteries in that one and call it good.

#11942 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Okay I get that and tried that. My bottom screw is hitting the bottom of the triangular hole. How do I make it lower by 1/4"
Thanks

Your playfield is held in place by two hooks that mate up with the lockbar receiver when lowered. The angles on those brackets should all be 90 degrees. Twilight Zone is a heavy playfield and those brackets tend to sag after awhile. True those up and you should have enough play in the shooter assembly to get things lined up perfect.

#11951 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Looks like they are not bend up at all.
So whats the next way to get the shooter rod centered up? [quoted image][quoted image]

Your hangers do look pretty good. Next thing I would try is to loosen all the screws on the lockbar receiver and see if you can move the entire assembly up a little. Just out of curiosity, is this an after market shooter housing or OEM? I have noticed that some after market ones are off a little.

#11972 2 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Had a bit of a scare with my TZ tonight (though the pf had a paint chip). But it did highlight the fact that the inserts are starting to lift slightly (not affecting the ball path), and I've been meaning to get a 3rd magnet mod done to the machine. I happen to have a spare NOS playfield I picked up way back in the 90s. I had planned to have it drilled and cleared, but I think it's developed a slight bow near the gumball cutout. It box is probably about 2mm, enough to be visible while sighting down the top edge of the playfield. Otherwise, I think the spare pf is in great shape. Is that sort of thing repairable?
I know I could just pick up one of Mirco's playfields already setup for the third magnet, but I worry about all the negative stuff I hear about his fields.
I'm pretty sure I don't want to pull my existing playfield and send it out, since I'm not sure on my ability to pull of a full swap, and if I do it, I think it'd be easier to transfer parts from one playfield straight to another.

Make a new set of rails for your NOS playfield and install them. You can use scrap wood or nice hardwood. Installing the rails should square things up nicely

2 weeks later
#12044 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Hi all, I have a #26 trough proximity switch out. If I unplug the sensor, the driver light stays on. If I remove the balls, the driver light goes off. Should I start by replacing the driver or the sensor?

Neither. Try soldering the wires onto the boards directly (bypassing the connectors). The resistance changes as the connectors age causing the boards not to work correctly. Soldering them usually fixes the issue.

2 weeks later
#12107 2 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

If I put Robby in front it would hide the sign,so it's either Robby behind the sign,or no robby at all.

or ditch the sign and just install a couple spot lights for Robby. The Translight already has Twilight Zone printed on it so the sign is kinda redundant.

#12115 1 year ago
Quoted from shepP:

My micro switch wires in the shooter lane are deformed and the ball is catching and getting stuck on them. Only 5647-12693-32 is available. 5647-12693-53 and 5647-12693-54 are discontinued. Any suggestions?

If the others cannot be saved buy this and bend to shape.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSW

#12138 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Folks, I'm about to order some mirror blades. Has anyone seen the PDI black mirror blades in person? I'm wondering if those may be a better match to the look and vibe of TZ than the regular mirror blades.
http://pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

I think they would look good but would never consider putting blades on my TZ. The playfield is pretty tight in my game. Are our sure you have room for them to be installed. The new games being made today have more room along the sides. Bally really didn't take that into consideration.

2 weeks later
#12201 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Here is a weird one: I have my TZ which had LEDs in it before I bought it.
I had a camera mod on it that never lit up (it was there when I bought the machine). So I figured I’d just replace it. New camera mod won’t light up. The bulb in the regular socket does but the camera won’t. Vendor ships me a replacement presuming the bulb in the mod is bad… same thing. So I’m on 3 cameras that don’t light up.
Any good way to bench test a 12VAC bulb?

I believe that is a DC circuit. It sounds like whatever that mod is attached to has a bad drive transistor or the alligator clips have fallen off the source flasher. Doesn't that mod just piggyback off another circuit? If so, move it to a known good circuit for testing.

#12208 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

I wanted to follow up my post about the ball and the bridge diverter. After a couple failed attempts, I've found a $6 Ceramic Block Magnet at Home Depot that works perfectly. It's a "Magnet Source" brand product called "Ceramic Block Magnets" (you get 2). Seems to be part 07043. See picture below (although only one magnet remains!)
[quoted image]
Here's the picture of it installed. It has worked perfectly. I've used my hand and rolled many fast pinballs at it. Captures the ball each time while always letting it drop.
[quoted image]
I wrote up the (relatively simple) process of mounting this on my Twilight Zone page and included more pictures.
https://aaarpinball.com/TwilightZone/TwilightZone.htm
I know people have been talking about this solution for 15+ years. But parts change, so hopefully this helps someone today.

That is a huge magnet. It probably doubles the weight of the assembly. I would look for a smaller / lighter alternative. Also, what is up with the beefy wire on your diverter? looks like a coat hanger somebody stuck in there at one time. Get the correct wire and it might actually help your issue.

3 weeks later
#12237 1 year ago

That's weird. Looks like some sort of glorified Band-aid. Definitely not factory.

#12242 1 year ago

That is hideous. It’s like my tv broke so I’ll just used the broken one as a stand for my new one.

#12248 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Any links or tips for stuck balls caught on a Robby Robot mount when the ball dumps and misses the left spiral area

I made a wire form. My Robby is mounted on the Cliffy bracket which is the most common of the attachment methods. I tweaked the shape a couple times and came up with this. It works great.

20220607_235600 (resized).jpg20220607_235600 (resized).jpg20220607_235634 (resized).jpg20220607_235634 (resized).jpg20220607_235710 (resized).jpg20220607_235710 (resized).jpg
#12252 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Thank you all for the inspiration
I made this we’ll see what happens
[quoted image]

Excellent. The post fix will definitely take care of the ball trap problem. I was also having issues with ball strikes on the right side of Robby with a hot shot up the ramp. The wire form shape I made solved both issues.

#12261 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I get errant #26 errors just enough to annoy me. It’s always the little 2 pin connector that shakes itself loose. Has anyone ever just soldered the wires directly to the board, or is that considered a hack?

It is a necessary evil and needs to be done. Those little pins fail quickly with all the vibration in that area.

#12267 1 year ago

Your gate looks homemade and has too much play in it. Purchase a new one. If the gate is to specs the apron will keep it from flipping around. Your problem now actually seems to me that your gate wire can slip past the metal tab that is suppose to stop that (because of the excess side to side play).

#12289 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any of you upgrade to this speaker set: https://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-wpc-89-speaker-kit/
Is it worth the $200? Is it really a noticeable difference in sound quality? I wish there was an easy way to make this game stereo quality.

I'm running that setup. The speakers are considerably better and the bass is impressive but it doesn't change the fact that the audio track on TZ is kind of crappy. Crappy audio in = crappy audio out. That being said it does make the sound files that are there the best they can be. My OEM speakers were getting tired so it was worth it for me.

#12293 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did you go with the upgraded sub also?

I did - "Go big or go home" I always say.

2 months later
#12641 1 year ago

Comet Sunlight is my go to choice in most games. I also use them in yellow and amber inserts. All other inserts get color matched LED(s)

2 weeks later
#12732 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Looks like my culprit is the 100uF cap on the 10-Opto PCB under the PF. Explains all of the behavior i saw (and the smoke).
simonlindsay have you checked your machine for the same issue? You and I seem to be having very similar problems, and when I searched the forum for "Gumball Popper Opto", I see some previous posts in regards to the same problem.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m going to replace my cap just to be proactive. I have several games with similar opto boards. I think that is a 100uf 35v. It is getting hard to find quality replacements these days. For those looking, these are great quality caps at a good price. Name brand, high temperature and long life.

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#12754 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Where to get the cork screw loop wire form to the left return lane?
*picture unrelated.
[quoted image]

I think this guy was making them at one time. Might want to reach out to him.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-spiral-ramp-last-one

#12759 1 year ago
Quoted from Redfive05:

Here's my issue with the Casper board.... I don't like LEDs. I really prefer the warm glow of Incandescents. I will use LEDs where appropriate/needed, so I'm ok with them in the TZ Clock, But I'm worried that the "Blanket LEDs" in the Casper board will be overwhelming, especially since my TZ is still 95% Incandescent.

In my opinion both TZ and Adams Family are painfully too dark with incandescent bulbs. Those two games really benefit from LEDs. Just replace your bulbs with frosted warm or sunlight bulbs. That will create more light with the same look. The Casper board will then blend perfectly. LED lighting has really improved over the last 5 years or so.

#12768 1 year ago

Love the rocket mod. In a multiball situation will it clear a ball on the wire ramp it shoots over?

#12779 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What’s your vote between all chrome armor, about $2,000 total for legs, rails, lock bar, hinges, bolts, and coin door, or, sparkle black powder coat called Spiced Black (looks like space) for around $500 total? The color I’m considering is below…
I love chrome, but damn.
[quoted image]

Personally, I think you are better off with the powder coat. It is safer and cheaper. There isn’t many sources for chrome and I am disappointed how the coin door frames usually turn out. All the parts you rattled off are steel but the door frame. I think that is aluminum. Chrome doesn’t naturally stick to aluminum so it has to be tricked to be applied. This is done applying a coating and then doing the chrome process on top of that. I have seen that peal off on several occasions which is sickening when you factor in the cost.

#12794 1 year ago

Well I replaced the 100uf 35v capacitor on the opto board because I've witnessed others having it fail. The repair was total preventative. Turns out, it was a good idea. The cap was 40% out of specifications on the high side. TZ owners might want to do the same. That OEM cap is 30 years old now.

20220930_122851 (resized).jpg20220930_122851 (resized).jpg20220930_122939 (resized).jpg20220930_122939 (resized).jpg
#12800 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I just ordered one for my TZ that is shipping to me soon. I hope Ingo is still producing these. I paid for one with blue LEDs and shipping. Fingers crossed.

Let us know. I gave up on Ingo.

1 week later
#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s finally here! Now I remember why this game is always in the top 10. A masterpiece. [quoted image]

Looks good. I always thought you were a little older.

#12910 1 year ago

Did someone just discover z connectors? I'm confused.

#12916 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think he means removing the Z connectors. It typically cures the dual-flipper-button-press reset/5V voltage drop issue for about 95% of TZs.

I just replace the 5v regulator and call it good. Those 40 year old ones are tired and ready to tap out. I never had any problems with resets after doing that.

#12971 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Hello,
Maybe someone here can help troubleshoot this because I don’t know what to try next. I had been having intermittent problems with opto switch 84 (Lock middle). At first I thought it may have been dirty since this game was filthy years ago when I got it, so I pulled the whole thing and cleaned it. After putting everything back together it worked for a few games and then closed again. I tried cleaning again with a cotton swab while in the switch test and when touching the opto, it came back for a little while then went back out again. I figured maybe this opto was bad so I decided to replace both the middle and upper opto while I was there. After the replacement the same problem exists. I tried reseating plugs, checking for loose wires, nothing I could come up with to trigger that opto. Anyone have any ideas of other things I could check with this? All other optos work fine.
The giveaway to this switch not working is apparent right when you turn the machine on. The pop eject back near those switches trying popping a couple times since it thinks a ball is in the location of this opto. This then causes problems if you try playing with two balls ejecting at certain times.

I would reflow the solder on the opto board headers and replace the capacitor on that board(s) while you have it out.
20220930_122851 (resized).jpg20220930_122851 (resized).jpg

#12980 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

LCD or LED ColorDMD for TZ?

I have a mix of both in my game collection. LCD looks better in TZ.

1 week later
#13024 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Quick question - I havae what I believe is a fair amount of "humming" seemingly emanating from the cabinet transformer. My ToM has a bit of a hum too that you can hear when things are quiet--just seems the TZ transformer hum is a bit more pronounced. Game is working fine but just wanted to poll the group to see if I should have any concern here. Thanks!

It is highly unlikely that the transformer is humming. It is probably coming from your speakers. Turn the volume down and or pull the wires off the speaker in the cabinet. Does the humming go away? Report back and we can give you some recommendations.

#13026 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

With volume all the way down there is still a slight hum... not obnoxious but it's there.

So it seems to me that the hum is coming from the speakers and not the transformer. In reality, the noise is probably coming from your audio board. This is normally one of two things. Failing capacitors on the audio board or grounding issues. If I were to guess, I would say your capacitors are failing on your audio board since they are likely original and 40 years old. There is a kit available that has all the parts you need. If you can solder, I highly recommend the repair before things get worse and cause additional damage.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CAPKITWPC

or here is another option.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1129-yorktown-arcade-supply/01826-bally-williams-pinball-wpc-audio-sound-board-cap-kit-a-12738

#13029 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Transformers can hum. If you google it you’ll find plenty of discussion on the matter. On the WPC systems it seemed more common in WPC-S systems and later, as they moved the transformer to the rear of the cabinet and mounted it on a steel plate which made it much worse. Check that the bolts holding the transformer together are tight, check it is secured firmly to the cabinet (if you add rubber washers or on the TOM remove the plate, then please ensure you still have the transformer earthed), people often talk about giving the transformer a wack (although I haven’t tried that technique thou it seems to work for some).
Transformer hum is not going to cause an issue, so no need for concern but worth checking it out.

Sure, they can but on TZ it is a rarity. On my game it is dead silent. I gather from the response from the OP that the humming lessens when the volume is turned down. If so, it is likely audio capacitors. But, for sure check to make sure the transformer is secured good. I have my own theory about transformer noise and the metal plate. It too involves the audio board. It also seems some people are super sensitive to that particular type of noise.

#13030 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks much - if it's the capacitors on the audio board would there be a visual queue they're failing (i.e., bulging or some other visual queue)?.

Sadly, usually not in this application. If the caps are original, I guaranty they are out of specifications. They do sell cheap cap testers on Amazon / eBay that can test in circuit, but it is always better to test them out of circuit. If you do happen to buy one, make sure you test the new caps going into your board before installing. I have found many bad capacitors that way over the years.

2 weeks later
#13081 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

If you buy them...use elevator bolts to keep the hardware hidden, on the top box I grind down the carriage bolts heads a bit and recess them to hide them as well...the receiver bolts can also be purchased as elevator bolts as well and everything is hidden (bolt wise that is)

I like the bolts to show. Looks more factory and remains serviceable.

1 week later
#13113 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

When installing Radcals do you have to take off the old decals or can you just put the radcals right over them?

Results are always better if you remove the old decals first and fix any cabinet issues. Light colors on the Radcals are slightly translucent and you can see what is underneath in many cases. At $400 a pop I would not just cover the old art.

#13116 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Any examples of your work?

I want to see this also. Usually I don't Radcal but liked the results so much on my BoP that I am considering it on my TZ. My TZ is pretty good but does have a little fade. All I know know is I can't put TZ next to BoP or else it will look shabby by comparison.

20220220_195523 (resized).jpg20220220_195523 (resized).jpg20220221_171925 (resized).jpg20220221_171925 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13173 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

What is the easiest and safest way to create holes in radcals (for bolts) without ruining the radcals? Exacto knife? Drill?

I use an Exacto knife for the holes and an utility knife if I need to trim down an edge. New blades are a must.

3 weeks later
#13256 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

I’m looking for a little help here. I’ve had my TZ for about three months and I’ve had this happen twice now.
The ball rolled slowly under the power playfield. I think it was “The Camera” shot, but I’m not sure. Anyway, the ball disappears and is never seen again. I think it is down under the playfield because I can’t find it, ball search can’t find it and shaking the crap out of the machine doesn’t break it loose. The only way to get the ball back is to take the glass off and raise the playfield about 1/2 way until I hear a clank. I raised the playfield up the rest of the way trying to figure out where the ball was, but I didn’t see it. When I lowered the playfield, the ball came rolling out from under the power field.
I tried removing the metal trough under the camera hole and everything looks good. I also tried to replicate the problem, but I wasn’t successful.
Has anybody else seen something like this before? I can’t find anyplace where the ball can get stuck, but I’m obviously missing something.
Thanks for any ideas.

Try replacing your balls. Same thing happened to me. The old balls were magnetized and getting hung up somewhere out of site. The problem totally went away after a ball swap.

2 weeks later
#13354 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

Nice! I like the lexan instead of the fish paper. I may go that route. Anybody have the drawing file for that? It would save me the time measuring it all myself. It looks like you used 1/8” thick? Is that correct?
Once I get the dimensions correct, I’ll probably cut several of these.
Tell Enzo he’s doing a great job.

Most people just use the crappie paper one that came on the game as a template. To date, I haven't seen a perssion cut one. It doesn't matter much since it is out of sight. I also think there is considerable variation in where the holes are for mounting. Your copy may not fit another game the same way.

2 months later
#13541 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I ordered radcals for my cabinet as the art is faded. Does anyone have experience with these? I'm a bit confused and getting misinformation because the product says that you just slap it on but then I'm also reading you should paint the cab black first, albeit these posts are years old. Can I get a definitive answer from someone?

For the best results strip, prep and paint your cabinet. I prefer oil-based paint because the Radcals adhesive really sticks to it. Radcals are slightly translucent. You can see the old artwork underneath through the white and yellow areas. I wouldn't pay restored prices on any game that had Radcals installed over the old decals. These things are expensive. It is best to make sure they are done correctly. Doing it correctly will only increase your game's value.

#13554 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Oh so this would make it so I don't have to Dremel holes for the bolts?

Yes, but at the same time, sealing the bolt behind the Radcals. Some like that clean look but I prefer the factory look with the bolts showing. Plus things are more serviceable later on.

#13559 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You’d have to countersink those, even tho they have a flat head. Or the Radcal won’t lay flat. I tend to agree that you could cover the bolts, and shouldn’t need to access them again. I tried to think of a reason you’d need to, but I can’t. I replace them on older WPC pins if they are tarnished, rusty or oxidized. But these you’ll never see again. It’s one option!

I had a couple of the smaller ones snap when a game was moved by STI (the bolts that hold light board in place).

#13610 1 year ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

no I just checked the ribbon is right along with the corresponding wire and pin. Correct me if I'm wrong but given my current issues (coils not firing correctly, start button being randomly triggered, entire sections of lighting out) I think my next course of action should be redoing all the cables on this driver board given the notorious issues with connectors and such. Just do a full replacement of all male and female IDC connectors?

Swap the driver board between your JD and TZ. If the problems go away, it is your driver board.

1 month later
#13778 1 year ago

Adding a 7th ball gets a little interesting if the ball added is a second power ball in the game.

#13804 12 months ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Appreciate some thoughts
Debating buying a TZ table (big fan) but new to owning pinball and only have a new stern. My worry is that the repairs will be beyond me very quickly, but I am willing to learning (technology background but not mechanical/electrical).
So bottom line wondering if I am setting myself up for a world of pain even if what I buy is well maintained.

Down the road, the TZ will likely be easier to work on than that Stern title.

4 weeks later
#13920 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Ok so you guys just clearly don’t understand what I’m talking about. It flys off the ramp not the diverter

The ramp or the wire form? If it is the ramp, make sure you have the correct coil installed on the flipper. TZ's mechanics are very well designed. It shouldn't fly off the ramp. As for the wire form, that is a different story. That happened to me, so I made a little wire form to keep things in check.

20220607_235600 (resized).jpg20220607_235600 (resized).jpg
#13937 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

About 10% of the time, when the diverter flips the ball onto the playfield off the Power wireform, the ball lands between this post and the side of the wireform. I can nudge the cabinet and it usually drops, but I would prefer the diverter always works. Do I need to add a magnet to the diverter?
[quoted image]

I don't think that post should be there. I don't have it.

#13942 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

The ball keeps getting lost/stuck somewhere under the mini playfield. It bounces up there and never comes out unless I violently shake the machine and tilt and then it’ll spit out. I believe it goes in the same hole as the camera which works perfectly so it must be something keeping it from coming out.

My game started doing that. It was because the balls were magnetized. Swapped the balls and the problem was gone.

#13946 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Hmm what’s it magnetizing to?

The metal subway under the playfield.

#13954 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

So I have radcals for this machine and have yet to put them on. I’ve heard so much mixed info. Do I really need to paint the cabinet black first? The instructions from the guy don’t say anything about it but then I’ve heard they’re kind of see through and will give you a double image if you don’t. Also the ones I got don’t have any holes drilled not even the start button :/

TZ is a valuable game. I would not take the easy path. The value of the game will go up if you do it correct. I am a firm believer of taking the cabinet down to bare wood and painting it black before applying the new decals (Radcals too). I would also recommend oil-based paint. Water based is a mistake in my opinion. The adhesive does not stick to it very well.

#13962 11 months ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Alright I'm going to do one side of the backbox this way to test. The whole point of me getting these was so I could just slap them on.

Be warned - Radcals are great but the whites and yellows are transparent. The old art does show through. I restore games and wouldn't do it that way for myself or a paying customer. You will be able to see the old art in these areas. You might be fine with it. I guess it comes down to personal choice. Taxi, Indiana Jones and TZ all have this problem. Taxi is worst being 95% light colors.

#13964 11 months ago

The people that are saying this isn't an issue likely got really lucky and the art lined up. If it doesn't line up, it is noticeable. Better to be safe than sorry.

#13969 11 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Experiencing a few issues that I'm hoping the group may be able to assist with. First, my diverter gate near in the ball trough area keeps getting stuck open so the balls keep auto-launching instead of allowing me to manually plunge. The gate itself moves freely when I test it by hand, but after a ball or two will inevitably just stay open. Any ideas how I can possibly get it back to normal?
Also, I'm now getting random powerballs, even when the ceramic ball isn't in play. I believe there are 2 or more sensors that check to see what ball is in play but I have no idea where those are or how to really test them to see which one could be messing up?
Any thoughts the group can provide would be awesome, thanks!

The random powerball issue could be a couple different things. The most likely can be found in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club/page/36#post-3021952

You basically need to solder the board to the senor to get a reliable connection.

#13977 10 months ago

If light colors are semitransparent how do those colors look when placed on a black cabinet?

They look fine but the black basecoat does darken the light colors. The effect is uniform so it totally works. I recommend painting the cabinet the primary color of the art. BoP got purple (for exsample).

20220220_195523 (resized).jpg20220220_195523 (resized).jpg
#13986 10 months ago

Thanks. I've got a brand new cabinet for my IJPA painted black and I'm torn between getting traditional decals or radcals and I was curious as to what the black cabinet would do to the radcals appearance.

Indy is a trough one. I would say black is ok for regular decals but might overpower Radcals. For Radcals, I would go yellow for the cabinet.

3 weeks later
#14095 10 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

My problem was'nt loose wires, neither cracked solder joints on the transistors (or anything else) because I reflowed every solder joints on that board and I still get the same problem after playing many games.
This problem is starting to give me a real head aches, it must be something that gets hot, every time I let everything cool down and turn the game back on, all magnet optos work great then after a few games, the robots go crazy as well as the spiral optos, then the optos stop working while I'm playng.
What could possibly be the problem ?
I think it might be the Custom Opto SW10P.C.B. board because there are 10 giant blue transistors on that board that get real hot, plus that's the board which controls the opto switches, the 2 wires that control the magnet opto switches from the main connector are white brown and white orange.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because now I'm running out of ideas/solutions.
Thanks.

Did you replace the capacitor on your opto board?

#14097 10 months ago
Quoted from GILV:No, it could be one of the capacitors or transistors I agree, you think a bad capacitor or bad transistor could cause this kind of problem?

Yes, especially if it is original. Replace the capacitor on your opto board.

3 weeks later
#14155 9 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So I put in the new sensors and the issue persists, in fact it may be even worse! Uploaded a video below but as you’ll see just by tapping on the playfield the gumball enter is triggering. No idea how an opto sensor would trigger from such a minor vibration but I have to imagine this is causing issues in-game! Any thoughts on what could be causing this?!

Try replacing the capacitor on the opto board. It probably needs replacing anyway.

#14159 9 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Sorry, but what board specifically would this be and where is it located?

The capacitor on this board found on the bottom of the playfield.

IMG_0632-e1572641346857 (resized).jpgIMG_0632-e1572641346857 (resized).jpg
#14163 9 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

That board is incorrect. The board shown is A-18159 and is NOT compatible with Twilight Zone.
Twilight Zone uses the Custom Opto SW10 board. Part A-16807 (as an assembly) as mentioned above. There are (cheaper) alternatives available.

Tough crowd. I just grapped the first image I found online.

#14165 9 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Your willingness to help is appreciated by everybody. The more people that help, the better off the community is. If you learn something and provide the help back online, that is "paying it forward".
The issue I have is that someone may look at that image and assume that it is used in the machine. A lot of people don't read the text and just look at the images. I think that it is better to spend the little bit of extra time to find the correct image than be the first to post the help with potentially incorrect information.
I have learned that if it is possible to make an assumption (and make a mistake) then someone will do it.

Fair point but I always thought those two boards were interchangeable. Is that not the case?

#14167 9 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

They cannot be interchanged.

A-16807

Supports a first column with 5 rows and a second column with 5 rows (not necessarily the same 5 rows).

Consists of:

4x 7-pin 0.100" headers for each group of 5 LED transmitters (for both columns) and 5 phototransistor receivers (for both columns).

Used ONLY in Twilight Zone.
Board was designed to replace the original 2x 7-opto boards used in the prototype game (that supported the 3rd magnet).

[quoted image]

A-18159

Supports a first column with 7 rows and a second column with 3 rows.

Consists of:

2x 9-pin 0.156" headers for the first column - one header for LED transmitter drive and another for phototransistor receivers.
3x 5-pin 0.156" headers for the second column - each 5-pin header is an LED transmitter drive and phototransistor receiver PAIR.

Used in various machines from Bram Stoker's Dracula to Monster Bash with varying form factors and assembly part numbers.

[quoted image]

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

2 months later
#14579 6 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

I checked for battery damage and nothing, checked the opto transmitters with my camera and I can see the blue lights, but I found out that my LED1 has a broken leg. Could that cause opto flickering?
The game was on switch edge test mod and kept going crazy even when I did'nt touch a thing, when it went crazy, I'd check if optos registered and they did, then it went crazy again and now optos did'nt work and so on and so forth.
[quoted image]

That cap needs replaced for sure. That failed component could easily be your problem.

4 weeks later
#14696 5 months ago
Quoted from jid:

The third magnet is something I’ve always wanted to do, but I was worried about drilling the playfield. If someone has a video of how to do it, and how much work goes into prep, that would make me less scared.
For those that have installed it, how easy was it? Or nerve-racking?
I feel like I’ve watched a video of the placement of the magnet hole But that was long before this most recent third magnet kit was around.

Buy this:
https://www.amazon.com/Milescraft-1318-DrillMate-Drill-Guide/dp/B014A1Z92I/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_maf_1

And this type of bit in the appropriate size:

https://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Tools-1966898-Drilling-Forstner/dp/B01JIK93PK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3
The trick is to find the spot you want to drill and cover it with painters tape. Then drill a 1/8" pilot hole. Once that is done, install the cutting bit into the drill press and spin it backwards to score the playfield. Once it has been scored, switch to forward and go really slow. Stop when you are almost through and finish it off from the underside with a hand drill. I would practice on some scrap plywood first. It looks super factory when done correctly with no damage to the playfield ( other than the desired new hole).

#14701 5 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Caution... measure twice, cut once!
Mad Dog suggesting 1/2" hole (amazon link) and jrclmc is suggesting 3/4" hole per his link.

Yeah - I was just showing the type of bit needed. Obviously the correct size is critical. I just had to do another playfield modification requiring a 1/2". Sounds like 3/4" is what is needed in this application. I changed the link to be the 3/4" bit but haven't verified this for the TZ 3 magnet modification.

20230925_193509 (resized).jpg20230925_193509 (resized).jpg20230926_174533 (resized).jpg20230926_174533 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-owners-club?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.